PDA

View Full Version : Those Character Walkers Samples

Phree
07-11-2008, 08:32 PM
Is it just me..... or did that sample card of the "baby girl" look more like a pig than a baby? Tell ya what, I would be truely offended if I had just given birth to a baby girl and received that card!

Wellington
07-11-2008, 08:36 PM
LOL Phree! I'm not looking very closely cos a) we only have a small TV upstairs & b) I really just don't like the bliddy things. There's something faintly disturbing about them :eek:

Dips
07-11-2008, 09:05 PM
They are not my cup of tea at all but I know that some members on here do like them alot. Also, although the Glitter "Girls" and their items are not to my taste at all, you do have to admire them for the successful business that they've created.

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
07-11-2008, 09:40 PM
i`m not very sure about these at all the cd-rom just scares me for some reason

Dips
07-11-2008, 10:15 PM
I think they have a touch of "Chucky" about them!

Sandra
07-11-2008, 10:21 PM
They are not my cup of tea at all but I know that some members on here do like them alot. Also, although the Glitter "Girls" and their items are not to my taste at all, you do have to admire them for the successful business that they've created.

I have to agree with you!!

Wellington
07-11-2008, 10:21 PM
Why glittery pompom noses?

Marie
07-11-2008, 10:23 PM
yes I agree, the designs are a bit scary, I prefer the Paper Nation characters from DB's last QVC TSV. But you have to agree that the GG have got a good thing going, if I hadn't got the Ultimate Pro for my birthday, I was thinking of investing in some of their boards. I'm sure that they keep a lot of people employed as well, so that's a good thing. I always like watching them to see what designs on their finger nails, they definately like glamming up!

Jeanette
08-11-2008, 05:28 AM

I have to agree with you too Dips. The only thing I might like of their's is the glittered embossing tool :D

Dips
08-11-2008, 07:16 AM
I was scratching my head last night trying to remember who showed us some great cards that they had made with this product, and if I remember correctly, I think it was Lilac_Froggy. I'm sure she said that these were amongst her most sought after cards.

Phree
08-11-2008, 07:46 AM
Oh, I agree about the GG's being successful business women, and as I have said in the past I rather like them because they were so nice to my freind Jess when she was asking them about their products at the SECC. However I STILL think that "baby girl" sample card looks more like a pig :D

Wellington
08-11-2008, 10:37 AM
However I STILL think that "baby girl" sample card looks more like a pig :D

Saw the sample last night during the midnight show - nearly gave me a bliddy nightmare LOL The baby boy one isn't much better :eek:

I was scratching my head last night trying to remember who showed us some great cards that they had made with this product, and if I remember correctly, I think it was Lilac_Froggy. I'm sure she said that these were amongst her most sought after cards.

Hmmm - someone made a few Bookatrixes...:confused:...Was it ArtySam?

maisie*daisy
08-11-2008, 11:50 AM
I have the animal cat walkers CD.I've never used it for making cards ,but it keeps the kids happy for hours dressing the animals and having them walk down the catwalk. It was a cheap computer design game for the kids IMHO.
Might have considered new one for them if it wasnt so close to Christamas

thumbs up for the CDs just not keen on making them as cards

lilac froggy Jan
08-11-2008, 02:26 PM
Yes it was me Dips !
You can make these designs look much better than they do if you do your thing with them like I did using the touchy feely felt stuff. The printed eyes off the cd are hideous and I think maybe that's why they look scary as they just stare at you. The wobbly eyes do a much better job.
Like everything, it's all a matter of what the individual likes. I have done a few bookatrix and they do turn out fine especially if you edge them with fine line peel offs. Also the hearts and tall stories ones look good.
I have nearly all their boards and as I have said before, never paid full price for one yet!
I think the cornacopia ones are rather expensive for what they are as even the largest one of a set isn't a full size board. I have no desire to buy them.
I have ordered the character walkers cd but from Alan and Barry. They have 15% discount for members this weekend (wonder why LOL) and I still have some of my discounted price vouchers from there to use. I bought two items and only had £1 to actually pay in cash.

Rentochops
08-11-2008, 02:50 PM
The whole GG thing freaks me out a bit, and no wonder they have done so well - I don't think anyone else charges so much for plastic!

These catwalker CD's don't seem to me to fit with their other ranges somehow. I think the CD is rather funny the way they make a noise as they come down the catwalk - it's all so bizarre, kids must love it though.

(sorry Lilac froggy and to all who like them, a lot of peeps dislike Jollynation which I love)

lilac froggy Jan
08-11-2008, 03:09 PM
Never a problem as I said we all like different things. That's what makes a world!
I don't mind jollynation either for a quick card. Although I still put a lot of work even into them.
I agree the GG boards are overpriced. That's why I have never paid the full price for them.