PDA

View Full Version : cuttlebug question

dyzni
10-06-2011, 09:51 AM
Can someone please tell me what the largest size embossing folder is that you can use with the bug? Trying to work out how mush bigger (if any) it is from the sizzix boutique
TIA
dyzni x

edit to add - forgot to ask - which plates do you need in order to do everything? Sorry to be so dim, I don't know anything about them :confused2::blush:

Janie B
10-06-2011, 10:02 AM
They are the same size, anything that will go through the boutique will go through the bug.

hugs Janie xxx

dyzni
10-06-2011, 10:06 AM
So am I right in thinking that the only difference is that the bug will cut? Does it not have a bigger work area/plate?

Janie B
10-06-2011, 10:25 AM
That is the only difference yes... the boutique is made solely for embossing folders it is not so solidly made as the bug. I had one before I got my bug, but sold it on e-bay. It is a great little machine, but to be honest the bug is more versatile. The work area/plate size is exactly the same.

hugs Janie xxx

Janie B
10-06-2011, 10:27 AM
Sorry just read your edit, the Boutique is sold with all plates you will need.

hugs Janie xxx

dyzni
10-06-2011, 10:39 AM
Thanks. I already have the boutique (thank you KWC) but have seen a bug advertised locally so was trying to find out what the differences between them were. If the plate area is the same size it won't be worth upgrading as I have a Robo anyway.
:whew: that's saved me some money!

Janie B
10-06-2011, 11:03 AM
:happy: Always happy to help... and to save you money...

hugs Janie xxx

dyzni
12-06-2011, 07:49 PM
Ended up buying the bug after all :blush: Well it would have been rude not to as I was there picking up some CD's :thinking:

Janie B
12-06-2011, 08:51 PM
:giggle: Don't blame you... far mote versatile...

hugs Janie xx

dyzni
13-06-2011, 08:45 AM
It came with some embossing folders and a really nice stamp set which you cut and emboss. It's brill. I think it's an older model as the handle doesn't fold in but that's OK. It's pink and cream and can you belive BRAND NEW - the plates hadn't even been taken out of the plastic!!