PDA

View Full Version : MCS Platignum Club

Kate's Cards
22-06-2011, 10:21 AM
Just had an email about this. Any one already joined? Are the new special features worth the £20 membership? Any thoughts or information would be appreciated.
Thanks
Kate
X

dizzyjoan
22-06-2011, 10:29 AM
Just had an email about this. Any one already joined? Are the new special features worth the £20 membership? Any thoughts or information would be appreciated.
Thanks
Kate
X

Hi Kate just checked my e-mails, erm not too sure if I want to join or not just yet:thinking: it doesnt seem to give us much for the money IMO. :cash:

jr77
22-06-2011, 10:50 AM
I've joined the free version and got some new downloads. I think the idea behind the paid for membership is that you will be able to get some exclusive free stuff software upgrades without having to buy the latest disk but if you are going to get the latest disk anyway.... The only other thing is access to a forum and gallery. This seems a bit like they are shooting themselves in the foot to me as there are plenty of free forums and gallery sites (not least this one!). Users posting on the forum and gallery are surely the best advert for their products? Serif certainly seem to think so and use their Daistrail forum as a marketing tool for Craftartist.

I have to confess I'm a bit miffed with them because the MCS site has been the club site for a couple of weeks now and I only got an e-mail this morning even though I had pre-registered my interest and been a member of their old club.

If anyone is thinking of joining (and I still am) the fee goes up to £25 in August.

Kate's Cards
22-06-2011, 04:50 PM
I agree jr77. I too was already a member and only had a message today. What I am interested in is the extra programme bits that let you rainbow without faces going green. And the cutting out toll. Anyone used them?

eyeful
22-06-2011, 05:08 PM
I ve had an email as well but don't think I will be joining, the jury's still out with MCS, some things I find really useful and others just naff and there does seem to be a lot of repetitive stuff lately. I put my email in the trash can...........oops:wink:

jube
22-06-2011, 06:53 PM
The extra things I can do in my serif so no point in spending £25 on something I already have

LadyKatkin
22-06-2011, 08:07 PM
I'm a bit concerned that we've all paid out for the CDs, and in order to get the patch basically to make sensible colour changing possible (which seems to be included on everyone else's CDs) we have to fork out another 20 quid (unless we wait till August of course) in order to get something that other CD makers give us 'for nothing'. Think I'll just muddle along with them as they are. That £20 will buy lots of card blanks and paper and whatnot. I don't seem to use all those MCS Cds anyway.
K x

morgana123
23-06-2011, 09:25 PM
Im another who got the email and thought it was a bit of a cheek asking crafters who have already spent a small fortune on their products for another £20 so we can put right something that is so obviously wrong with their cd's - I mean they certainly shout out enough about how great the cd's are but neglect to inform that the colour change bit isnt as good as it could be. So sorry Steph et al, you have had enough of my money and you wont be getting another twenty quid. I would rather spend it on more stash and I doubt it will be another MCS CD Rom.