PDA

View Full Version : Cuttlebug - Wrinkles in my embossing

Phree
19-11-2008, 12:09 PM
I have been trying to emboss some of the cuttlebug folders and find that I often get wrinkles in the card where there is no embossing - can anyone tell me how to avoid this? I have been following the instructions exactly with the folders - from bottom up - A plate, B plate, folder containing card, B plate.

Rainbowwand
19-11-2008, 12:23 PM
I have been trying to emboss some of the cuttlebug folders and find that I often get wrinkles in the card where there is no embossing - can anyone tell me how to avoid this? I have been following the instructions exactly with the folders - from bottom up - A plate, B plate, folder containing card, B plate.

Do you get them with all types of card Phree, i have only got them with some of the thicker card

Phree
19-11-2008, 12:27 PM
Not sure RW, I have been using some 200gsm card - I have some that is 160gsm so I will go and try that and then post again to let you know the result.

Phree
19-11-2008, 12:38 PM
Ok I am getting slight wrinkles on the lighter weight of card - but no where near as noticable as with the 200gsm. I had 2 goes, on the first I had the folder with the side that is printed with the Cuttlebug name upwards and then the other way up- printed side down - on the second go. Cuz that was somethign else I had been wondering - if there was a "right" and "wrong" side up for these folders when they go through the machine.

Anyhow still not quite got rid of the wrinkle issue - what weight of card do you use RW?

Rainbowwand
19-11-2008, 06:32 PM
Not sure on gsm but am getting better results on the lighterweight card, the worst is quite a heavyweight mirror board it must be in the high 200's or even as much as 300, have you noticed any difference in which way up you put the embossing folder :confused:

jeanfan
19-11-2008, 11:03 PM
I read somewhere to try putting the folder in sideways,I haven`t tried it but may be worth a go.