PDA

View Full Version : Graphicus Guild member pack

Marie
20-11-2008, 05:39 PM
:pJust to say I got my GG membership pack today, there are some lovely stamps and paper but the thing I just love most of all is the beautiful glossy full colour catalogue of their products! It is just gorgeous and I want everything in it!!

Marzipan
20-11-2008, 06:53 PM
i know the feeling very well Marie

Phree
20-11-2008, 07:09 PM
ROFL, my advice is step away from that catalogue Marie, it's a dangerous document, liable to cause severe strain on your craft budget - trust me I know this as I already own rather a lot, but not nearly enough, of what's in it :D

Judith
20-11-2008, 08:40 PM
I have just joined GG today so look forward to receiving my pack.

Flowerpot
20-11-2008, 09:21 PM
I know what you mean Phree,lol. I've always got a long list of Glenda's stuff I want/need. I know for sure that I will be renewing this membership when it runs out, unlike another I could mention.

Marie
20-11-2008, 10:03 PM
"my advice is to step away from that catalogue Marie"
Such good advice, but I suspect it won't happen......my sister promised me something crafty for Christmas, I wonder if she could stretch to a one hour trolley rush around Graphicus......he he!!

LoobyLou
20-11-2008, 10:19 PM
"my advice is to step away from that catalogue Marie"
Such good advice, but I suspect it won't happen......my sister promised me something crafty for Christmas, I wonder if she could stretch to a one hour trolley rush around Graphicus......he he!!

If she can she must be either a very wealthy, or a very stoopid sister. In any event don't fancy sharing her out do you?

LL

Marie
20-11-2008, 10:20 PM
no, she's a nurse, not wealthy or stoopid, actually far too clever really...doubt I'll get my trolley dash but I can dream!

Marie
20-11-2008, 11:32 PM
and anyway, i'm off to bed and to dream while stroking my K&Co paper that came from QVC this week and Graphicus' nice shiny catalogue...
I think I really need to get out more!! lol!

Phree
21-11-2008, 12:07 AM
LOL Marie, why dream of just an hour in Graphicus, there is so much yummy stuff there I have been known to ask if I could bring a sleeping bag and stay the night ;)

LynneH
21-11-2008, 07:47 AM
I'm glad you're enjoying your new goodies Marie. My catalogue sits beside my sofa and I'm forever drooling over it. I can't wait until I move up there and can have a look around the shop.

Rainbowwand
21-11-2008, 10:52 AM
Tis rather a lush catalogue isnt it, :)

missusnobby
21-11-2008, 12:54 PM
I love their stuff, and have been wondering about joining the guild. I'm not sure whether it would be worth it as it is £25 per year, and I always think 'what could I buy for that £25?' (sorry if I sound mean) as a C+C member and definitely not wanting to renew my membership, I'm a bit cautious

Can any current 'guild members' tell me what you get as a member please?

many thanks :)

Phree
21-11-2008, 01:14 PM
The guild membership is actually kind of hard to put a value on because a lot of the value comes in terms of how likely you are to buy Glenda's new stamp designs, then there are abstract benfits such as knowlege - how do you put a "price" on step by step tutorials which can show you new ideas or simply help you with a project you were struggling to do sucessfully on your own. Then there are the in depth new product reviews - they might save you money if they stop you buying a product you decide that you really don't need it after reading the review, or they can make you spend more because you learn about new products and end up thinking "wow, I gotta have some of that"

Anyhow here is a list of the things I think are a benefit :

Guild offer of the month - usually a nice saving on things like Glenda's new stamp designs and CDs.

The free paper pack - more useful if you don't own Glenda's CDs yourself, but not all of the designs are from the CD's - some of them are available only via the guild pack.

Guild Members's limited edtion stamp each month - currently exclusive to guild members and sold at a discounted price. However this may change because we did have a survey from Glenda recently asking for feedback on the Guild and one of the questions was about how much did we want the guild stamp to be kept to members only, or did we think it should be made available on general sale after we had had first chance to buy. Even then Guild members would still be benefiting from the discounted price.

The newletter itself - full of useful information on techniques, products, and there have been a few "guides" which are very useful to have such as a colour theory guild and "glenda's guide to ink pads" - the ink pad one is perhaps of more use to the less experienced stamper, who is still learning what all the different inks can do.

I think that covers most of it, or at least that is my opinion on what is good, however it's a kind of subjective issue and other CT members who are also GG members may have their own ideas about why they think it's worth the price.

missusnobby
21-11-2008, 01:20 PM
ooooh thanks Phree, tons of info there for me to have a think about

Marie
21-11-2008, 03:30 PM
I could certainly have got more in material terms, ie paper, card, paints etc for the £25 but the reason i joined was to have somewhere else to go for inspiration and to LEARN about crafting. I love playing with stamps and colours etc but I really need to know more about it all, how to get different effects, which materials to use. The first time I saw Brenda on IW I loved her work and she does the sort of art craft that I want to learn. So that's why I spent the money on it. Its also nice to be part of a smaller "club" than IW, which I also think is good for other reasons, but this one feels more personal.

Phree
22-11-2008, 02:53 PM
An interesting point Marie, it takes me back to when I was getting started - so many things to buy - and some of them essentials like a decent craft knife, decent scissors, a craft mat, a paper trimmer and then of course stuff like rubber stamps, a decent amount of card stock so I would be able to have some choice of colours etc. I remember thinking I would ages before I owned a heat gun cuz at that time the typical price was around £20 (they seem to have become cheaper since I started). I so wanted to play with some heat embossing, but knew that I really needed more of the basics first.

At that stage I suspect the £25 does seem like a lot to spend on something where the value is less tangible - after all - for the same money you could purchase quite a decent collection of the small ink pads such as Cats Eyes giving you lots of colours..... or your first heat tool and a basic selection of embossing powders.

However once you have a pretty decent collection of "stash", then I guess the idea of spending £25 on my Guild membership is perhaps an easier choice to make because while you know there are loads more things out there you could buy, you also know you have lots of stuff to be getting on with too.

Wellington
22-11-2008, 04:22 PM
I was going to ask for GG membership for Christmas before the big row with hubby last week. Absolutely no chance now :(

Marie
22-11-2008, 08:36 PM
ooh hope you can sort that row out soon Welly, nothing worse than getting something for Christmas that you don't want....