Susan W
22-08-2011, 08:08 PM
Where? I love steampunk stamps!!

lee
22-08-2011, 08:25 PM
the new arrivals on thats crafty! Queen Kat Designs Stamp

LadyKatkin
22-08-2011, 08:30 PM
Stop it just right NOW!! I just spent £30 with Laura and I have to rein it in a bit or my children will go shoeless to school!
ROFL
Kate xx

That's Crafty!
22-08-2011, 08:44 PM
They are rather fab aren't they! I can't wait to use the Geared to Fly one. All the new Steampunk stamps are here (http://thatscrafty.co.uk/acatalog/Whats_New_.html). :happy:

That's Crafty!
22-08-2011, 08:45 PM
Stop it just right NOW!! I just spent £30 with Laura and I have to rein it in a bit or my children will go shoeless to school!
ROFL
Kate xx

Sorry! LOL

Wellington
22-08-2011, 08:49 PM
I likes the butterfly - you could 'get away' with that one as a kind of steampunk lite IYSWIM; with a little amount of pennies, stamps have to be multi-use, & you could def pretty up the butterfly

lee
22-08-2011, 09:23 PM
ROFL
Kate xx

I made card board flipflops when i was a kid with me mates its still good weather sorry hun ...just came to mind:giggle:

Susan W
22-08-2011, 10:11 PM
Oh my, I need some of these.....

Princess4Wiz
22-08-2011, 10:16 PM
Being brutally honest, I really don't 'get' the whole Steampunk thing, but, hey, it wouldn't do for us all to like the same stuff, would it? However, I do quite like the butterfly one. Sadly I don't think I'd use it though. Would love to see some things others have made with the stamps :up:

Susan W
22-08-2011, 10:20 PM
the new arrivals on thats crafty! Queen Kat Designs Stamp
Thank you Lee, I got all excited and didn't look properly :doh: Plus my tea was ready - I was torn :grin:

lee
22-08-2011, 10:28 PM
gosh you eat late????????

Susan W
22-08-2011, 10:38 PM
gosh you eat late????????

I was crafting and forgot! LOL
I only have to cook for myself, so I just eat when I'm hungry, I had lunch at 5pm!!!!

Janiceb966
23-08-2011, 06:32 AM
I'm really not into the steampunk thing at all but these stamps are gorgeous - I may be tempted!!!

lee
23-08-2011, 06:42 AM
I was crafting and forgot! LOL
I only have to cook for myself, so I just eat when I'm hungry, I had lunch at 5pm!!!!

your lucky put two stone on when got with hubby he lives by his tummy lol XX

craftycat
23-08-2011, 06:50 AM
Now I love steampunk, in all forms. A fan of all Victoriana and Gothic so steampunk is a natural part of that.

Laura, the stamps are to die for!

Susan W
23-08-2011, 09:15 AM
your lucky put two stone on when got with hubby he lives by his tummy lol XX

Don't know about lucky, sometimes I wait so long I'm too hungry to cook so I grab whatever's there - cake, biscuits, chippy :pizza::giggle:
My friend came for Sunday dinner and I had to do a roast - it was quite a challenge!!!!

lee
23-08-2011, 10:01 PM
Susan wonder what steam punk food would look like?

Susan W
23-08-2011, 11:06 PM

Hmm :thinking:, cog and chips? Roast chicken complete with head wearing goggles and propellers for wings or a dish of (pea)nuts and bolts.
Must give this some serious thought!

lee
24-08-2011, 06:01 AM
:mysmilie_483::mysmilie_483: that has cought my imagination yuck food! lol

craftycat
24-08-2011, 07:03 AM

:mysmilie_504: That made me smile. Knowing me I will spend the rest of the day thinking up wierdo ideas for Steampunk food.:mysmilie_378:

I sometimes watch a cookery channel on Sky, can't remember the name or channel number but there is a regular feature called "Drive Ins Diners''. Some of the food they show on there could qualify for Steampunk. That is if Steampunk is allowed to be greasy, overcoloured and overseasoned, American food. There is one American cake called Red Velvet, basically a sponge but with about a whole bottle of red colouring poured in to the mix. Very vampirish. Do Vampires count as Steampunk? Enough victorian/gothic novels about vampires around so would think they would qualify.

Think I'd better apologise now for this very silly post.

keiko1
24-08-2011, 08:41 AM
http://astore.amazon.co.uk/jongreaut-21/detail/0810989581
Found this a Steampunk Bible.....Jeff VanderMeer's The Steampunk Bible: An Illustrated Guide to the World of Imaginary Airships, Corsets and Goggles, Mad Scientists, and Strange Literature.

lee
24-08-2011, 08:57 AM
thats a lovely book if you can say lovely at steam punk...great pics best of the books on steam punk, as its such a mixture of stuff love the tree place pic.

lee
24-08-2011, 08:58 AM
:mysmilie_504: That made me smile. Knowing me I will spend the rest of the day thinking up wierdo ideas for Steampunk food.:mysmilie_378:

I sometimes watch a cookery channel on Sky, can't remember the name or channel number but there is a regular feature called "Drive Ins Diners''. Some of the food they show on there could qualify for Steampunk. That is if Steampunk is allowed to be greasy, overcoloured and overseasoned, American food. There is one American cake called Red Velvet, basically a sponge but with about a whole bottle of red colouring poured in to the mix. Very vampirish. Do Vampires count as Steampunk? Enough victorian/gothic novels about vampires around so would think they would qualify.

Think I'd better apologise now for this very silly post.

Brill post it has made me think of art stuff I was interested in at Art School! I made box contructions with unusual objects!

lee
26-08-2011, 07:42 AM
Been playing they are very interesting stamps and really like the large clock stamp brill for a back ground! Also they smell nice is it peppermint??????????????????????????

That's Crafty!
26-08-2011, 08:12 AM
Been playing they are very interesting stamps and really like the large clock stamp brill for a back ground! Also they smell nice is it peppermint??????????????????????????

So pleased you like them. Not sure what the smell is - I meant to ask last time I emailed them. I thought it smelt a bit like lavender? :grin: