PDA

View Full Version : Topper and card swap

Rainbowwand
30-08-2011, 07:28 PM
As the title says this is a topper and card swap, ie make a topper send it on to another member in the swap, they will make a card with the topper and send it on to another member of the swap, pictures of received toppers should be posted on the forum, likewise completed cards should also have pictures posted on the forum, if you are interested then please add your name to this thread, later on i will post a list of those taking part as per the usual card swap you should send your topper to the person under you on the list,

I have assumed that the completed card will not be sent back to the person who made the topper, if however you would like your topper back as a completed card then please say so,

This all makes sense to me lol but if it doesn't to you please ask

Oh and if you fancy a theme then how about under the sea or up in the air, otherwise anything you fancy

dyzni
30-08-2011, 07:43 PM
I would like to join in please, not fussed about getting my topper back.
Mine won't be to theme as I made it after reading the earlier thread :blush:

Rainbowwand
30-08-2011, 07:45 PM
[QUOTE=dyzni;191808]I would like to join in please, not fussed about getting my topper back.
Mine won't be to theme as I made it after reading the earlier thread :blush:[/QUOTE

Keen or what! lol no need for the :blush: it doesnt have to be to theme

Millburn
30-08-2011, 08:27 PM
I loved doing this last yr so I'm in please :D

Victoria
30-08-2011, 09:40 PM
Same here. It was great fun and I'm looking forward to this year again. I'm not fussed either about getting my topper back.

LoobyLou
30-08-2011, 11:48 PM
Count me in please, and I rather like the idea of not getting my own topper back.

Elaine
01-09-2011, 07:04 AM
I would also like to join in. I dont want my topper back would rather keep the lovely one that I get.

Rainbowwand
01-09-2011, 08:48 AM
This is rather ominous, no-one wants their topper back, what does that say about toppers being sent out?? :giggle:

Millburn
01-09-2011, 09:29 AM
This is rather ominous, no-one wants their topper back, what does that say about toppers being sent out?? :giggle:

Or maybe we are frightened to be sending back the finished card to the person who made the topper, in case our treatment of their topper doesn't match what they had in mind when creating the topper :D

Wellington
04-09-2011, 03:36 PM
Me please - I'm sorry I've been AWOL for a little bit, but I wanna play

dyzni
04-09-2011, 07:41 PM
Just had a thought, by topper are we talking the main part of the card or anything that can be added to a card? Not sure now if what I've made would be classed as a topper or an embelishment :blush: what's the difference?!?

kitten_with_claws
04-09-2011, 07:54 PM
Just had a thought, by topper are we talking the main part of the card or anything that can be added to a card? Not sure now if what I've made would be classed as a topper or an embelishment :blush: what's the difference?!?

Last time 'topper' was counted as the 'main focal point' of a card, so I guess that could be a handmade flower, or a stamped image, or anything really! lol
Last time, it was also just the actual topper, i.e. without any matting or layering, so there was then not so much of a colour etc. restriction for the person incorporating it into a finished card, if that makes sense?

p.s. Am I too late to join in with this myself RW? (Not to worry if I am, not very 'with it' just lately! lol)

dyzni
04-09-2011, 08:02 PM
Thank you KWC, I may have to make something else :thinking: :sad:

kitten_with_claws
04-09-2011, 08:08 PM
Thank you KWC, I may have to make something else :thinking: :sad:

No, I'm sure you won't Dyzni, if you have made something that can be incorprated into a card, I'm sure it qualifies, as it could be a smallish thing for a smaller card for example?
'Minimalist' cards are very 'in vogue' now too remember, doesn't have to be a huge, flouncy, fancy affair at all I wouldn't think! x

dyzni
09-09-2011, 07:32 PM
Are we still doing this swop?
I've a topper/embellisment/somethingorother ready to post :tongue:

Princess4Wiz
09-09-2011, 07:44 PM
I expect I'm way too late to join in, but I seriously need a distraction right now and this may just be the thing. I fully understand if it's not possible for me to join at this late stage, Rainbowwand.

dyzni
09-09-2011, 08:39 PM
We haven't had a list yet (unless I've been a numpty and missed it) so I don't think you are too late.

JanTheNan
10-09-2011, 11:06 AM
I was sure I'd signed up for this but can't see my post!

dyzni
04-10-2011, 09:00 PM
Are we still going to have this swop?

Little Jan
05-10-2011, 09:47 AM
No list has gone up and I think Rainbowwand was just testing the water to see if anyone would be interested and it has been put on hold as Rainbowwand has had a busy time of late what with pc breakdown, hols and then loosing her marballs I mean ball :giggle: