PDA

View Full Version : help

beaniemap
03-12-2008, 02:53 PM
i am looking for the instruction leaflet that came with the waterfall and lantern card kit from qvc. i brought mine from the outlet so there was no leaflet with it.i want to make my boyfriend a waterfall christmas card with it.and i have not made a waterfall card before
thanks
michelle:)

Phree
03-12-2008, 04:43 PM
Hi Michelle, I can't help with the instruction leaflet you are looking for, but waterfall cards are actually pretty easy to make from scratch - I think the main thing you need to keep in mind is that the actual flip mechanism is never stuck to the card itself. What holds it in place is the cross strip - the flip mechanism is attached to the cross strip not the card.

Now as you say you bought a kit I am betting your cross strip is actually a part of the flip mechanism - so instead of the flip strip being just a long narrow strip of card that is folded in several places yours will actually look more like a letter T but upside down with the "stroke" of the T at the bottom instead of the top.

Anyhow keep that in mind and take a look at this tutorial on YouTube - I suspect if you get the bits out of your kit and keep them by you while watching the tutorial you will be able to relate how the kit assembles to what you see in the video.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3owXJxuVNWY&feature=related