PDA

View Full Version : Look what I found for us Mac users :)

fabyon
20-09-2011, 04:20 PM
If you like CD crafting and are a Mac users the software that come with them wouldn't work unless you installed a emulation software such as Parallel or WM ware. You also need a proper window licence to instal the virtual version of window. Another option was to dual boot meaning when the computer starts you decide if you want to start in Mac or Windows....not ideal !

I just come across this software that actually doesn't need a windows license it basically converts the software so that the MAC can understand it. There's trial so you can see if you get any joy with it with your current Craft CD applications before coughing up the money. Incidentally if you like playing games there's another software from the same company geared towards games. If you like doing both then make sure you get both softwares as a bundle to save money.

Here's the link for the non-game software emulator :

http://www.codeweavers.com/products/crossover/

NikkyHall
20-09-2011, 06:03 PM
WOW Fab, thanks for this!
I'll give it a whirl!
xx

If you like CD crafting and are a Mac users the software that come with them wouldn't work unless you installed a emulation software such as Parallel or WM ware. You also need a proper window licence to instal the virtual version of window. Another option was to dual boot meaning when the computer starts you decide if you want to start in Mac or Windows....not ideal !

I just come across this software that actually doesn't need a windows license it basically converts the software so that the MAC can understand it. There's trial so you can see if you get any joy with it with your current Craft CD applications before coughing up the money. Incidentally if you like playing games there's another software from the same company geared towards games. If you like doing both then make sure you get both softwares as a bundle to save money.

Here's the link for the non-game software emulator :

http://www.codeweavers.com/products/crossover/

craftycat
21-09-2011, 06:47 AM
Thanks Fab.

Using my MAC for some things now but the set up still needs tweaking. Going to a one to one tomorrow to solve the problems. That link will be really useful.

keiko1
21-09-2011, 10:35 AM
Brother said be careful as he tried this and wasn't impressed he said " you have to install everything even those that run from the cd - kind of pointless. also only the software they support works - craft cd are NEVER included!!

fabyon
21-09-2011, 11:26 PM
I was able to install a couple of games that weren't on their list, obviously you have to install from the CD isn't that what windows users do ? As for Craft CDs since they give you a trial you can see if it works for you before spending the money. I can't see how that's a bad thing. Since the craft CD have very simple softwares as opposed to the games which are huge, I think they emulator can quite cope with something that just need to show a couple of images and allow you to print it. (obviously the graphic programmes are more complex so I don't know if it would work).