PDA

View Full Version : Stephanie stop going on and on about Patterned Mirror Card

Rentochops
03-12-2008, 08:32 PM
How can one woman can go on about mirror card for 30 minutes, neve mind the boring old 4 day deal, she's flogging it!:eek:

Dips
03-12-2008, 09:02 PM
I know, I saw her wittering on about it, turne over and watched the whole of the Big Bang Theory (30mins) turned back at the end, and she was still going on about it, lol!

BTW, is it free p&p on everything?

LorraineJ
03-12-2008, 09:12 PM
Sounds like a case of yelling at your TV set saying "for heavens sake give it a rest" or "change the record". The selling style on C&C is not something I have ever taken to.

sugarplum
03-12-2008, 09:42 PM
couldn'tbe bothered watching until steph was off the screen. I actually think the patterned mirri card looks a lovely product at a great price but she was putting me off when I switched on for a few minutes. I have bought the bottle template as I think thats something that would sell well as a card and at £7.19 it wasn't too much of an impulse buy. Think it may have been abit of a "comfort buy" tonight but it isnt bad for me like the comfort wine and won't put weight on like the comfort food!

Rentochops
03-12-2008, 09:44 PM
I know, I saw her wittering on about it, turne over and watched the whole of the Big Bang Theory (30mins) turned back at the end, and she was still going on about it, lol!

BTW, is it free p&p on everything?

You could explain the theory of relativity and many other theories in the time it takes Stephanie to expand on the virutes of mirror card!

Not sure about free P&P on everything, as she didn't mention much else!
(and clearly this never actually interests me):D

I am enjoying Dennise and Debbie though! I like the bottle cards, something different.

Marie
03-12-2008, 09:45 PM
looks like the free P&P is on everything now, at least all the things I've looked at on tormrrows listings. Worth stocking up on basic things when there's no delivery cost. I too find Stephanie irritating when she goes on about something for ages, but as they sold out of half of the patterned mirri card in the first hour, I guess other people must agree with her!

Rentochops
03-12-2008, 09:58 PM
If you like Debbie's templates they are here:

http://www.craftersdelight.co.uk/index.php?page=products&sup=0&cat=all&sub=none&pg=1&productID=7500&txtSearch=templates

at a reduced price of £7 each

Rentochops
03-12-2008, 10:02 PM
Oh dear Steph's back, I'm off to bed as I have a v sore throat and am meant to be studying tomorrow!

Marie
03-12-2008, 10:39 PM
Well I've ordered some of the patterned mirri board because I do think it's pretty, although I wouldn't use it for a whole card as Stephanie and Jo are doing, I think it looks a bit gaudy used like that. When I first started watching the craft shows at the beginning of this year, my sister (who has been buying from QVC and IW for years, not craft but other stuff) said that QVC is a bit like John Lewis on tv while IW is a bit like Woolies.
I think she's got it right - both are good at what they do but IW is teh "pile em high sell em cheap" while QVC is a bit more upmarket. Not to knock either as I've had good craft and non-craft stuff from both. But I sometimes think that the craft shows really demonstrate this difference - IW has Stephanie going on about "luxury mirri card" while QVC has Anna Griffin and Basic Grey. Joanna Sheen and Glenda from Graphicus (maybe Roberts Adams) are probably the only brands that could cross over to QVC as, IMHO, they are real artists rather than card kit companies.
Obviously a lot of people like the IW brands as they clearly sell a lot of kits and the big ones are generally good value. I think it's best for stocking up on basics when it's p&p free or things like mirri card which is generally double the price on QVC. But my mam always used to say that flashy is a bit cheap and that seems to sum up the different QVC and IW markets.
Anyway just my ruminating late at night 'cost SW is still going on about teh mirri board and I'm very bored......!

Dips
03-12-2008, 11:02 PM
I agree, Marie, you've hit the nail on the head! Also, do they think we're stupid (I'm afriad that the answer to that is "yes" from various things that they've done). If today's POD is meant to be at the reduced 15% VAT rate at £24.99, then they would have originally meant to have sold it at £25.53 - yeah, right, IW!!!

sheilaj
04-12-2008, 06:31 AM
I have watched a couple of demos recently and have been shocked by the poor quality of the demos....uneven mattes, crooked and unbalanced embellies and that acrylic card last night that looked okay from the outside but would have shown all the glue and foam pads when you opened it!

blarf
04-12-2008, 09:51 AM
C&C give card making a bad name! Some of the samples are just hideous!

sugarplum
04-12-2008, 10:34 AM
If you like Debbie's templates they are here:

http://www.craftersdelight.co.uk/index.php?page=products&sup=0&cat=all&sub=none&pg=1&productID=7500&txtSearch=templates

at a reduced price of £7 each

I did have alook on the craftersdelight site before buying but it was coming up at £7.99 plus £1.50 p&p so £7.19 Cac PRICEwith free postage was a better deal
Did I see right on the midnight extravaganza show that they seemed to be giving the club discount again I wasn't really paying that much attention but thought I saw that discounted club price showing. I thought they had stopped our discount on extravaganza prices

Marie
04-12-2008, 10:38 AM
The club discount seems to be back on everything thank goodness!

sheilaj
04-12-2008, 10:44 AM
I can live with hideous as that can be a matter of taste but when you are demo'ing on national TV, then IMO badly made is just not acceptable. I also mind the thing with the acrylic card as its obvious what the inside is going to look like if you have done a bit but a newbie could gaily make that card not realising about the ugly inside

Rentochops
04-12-2008, 10:54 AM
The club discount seems to be back on everything thank goodness!

that was only for the Clearance items not the Extravaganza where the savings aren't as big.

missusnobby
04-12-2008, 11:50 AM
I'm afraid I agree with some other views regarding the samples made on the shows. I think they are quite frankly rank. As previously stated they give cardmaking a very bad name. Why if a 'craft expert' is invited on to demo then can't they produce professional and inovative samples? :confused:
I am sick to death of a constant drivel of narrative about the quality of the card, and the die cut decoupage bleeding so there are no white edges, and the quite frankly BORING BORING samples produced. :mad:
For goodness sake C+C/IW let the guests produce something we would like to replicate for a change, or - heaven forbid, someting that actually inspires us:eek:
I hasten to add there are some exceptions - Joanna Sheen, Glenda, Sheena Douglas, Jayne Nesterenko, I've probably missed some out here so - sorry!

crafty anne
04-12-2008, 12:26 PM
It's interesting how a good guest can make or break a purchase, I normally really like these kind of kits. They are very handy if you need to do a card quickly, but I also like to "take them to the next level"! ;0 OK, I know that phrase is over used but it is spot on and I have made and sold so many cards for charity from them. Now, having said that I must admit that although I like this kit, I do think that the guest is pretty dire and really not making the most of it so I have passed on this one and am not bothering with the craft day anymore. These are normally the sort of kits that Nancy Watts demonstrates she makes such lovely cards (She wrote out the instructions for her double diamond card for me at the NEC!). As for Stephanie, she does really do the hard sell, but I suppose she is just doing her job and I love watching her when she is with Nancy, they do make me laugh.

Rentochops
04-12-2008, 12:33 PM
I feel sorry for Jo appearing with Stephanie, as she can't get a word in and, as for the demo's, she only gets about 2 mins per demo: Jo teaches craft and I like her - she is just not been given a chance!

missusnobby
04-12-2008, 01:46 PM
thanks for that endorsment of Jo ROC, good to hear it's just IW stifling her creativity. Shame we can't see her at her best :(

DianaDreads
04-12-2008, 02:31 PM
Was that your email just being read out Marie?
Hope you get a card from them if it was and you will REALLY enjoy playing with your Cricut!!!

Marie
04-12-2008, 03:05 PM
yes that was my email, didn't realise so many people from here would be watching, lol! I'm SO excited to get my new toys, it's my big Christmas pressie, i've been wanting one for months, I'm very pleased and lucky to get it on flexipay! I'm going to lock myself in the house with chocolates and my cricut after I've done all the family visits and play with it for as long as I can!
Okay, got to calm down now and do a bit of work to pay for it all.......hehe!

DianaDreads
04-12-2008, 03:09 PM
It was the school xmas fayre this afternoon so I only saw the second hour and I'd literally only just put the headphones on when they read it out.
OH thought I was really sad for saying 'oh, I think that was from someone I know online' :D

eta : Doh, just realised that I put this in the wrong thread, I meant to put it in the cricut one

lilac froggy Jan
06-12-2008, 03:10 PM
I might email in this week as it's my birthday on Thursday and I might get lucky LOL.
Last couple weren't read out so I don't bother for a while then.

Rentochops
06-12-2008, 09:18 PM
I might email in this week as it's my birthday on Thursday and I might get lucky LOL.
Last couple weren't read out so I don't bother for a while then.

There's another 4 Day Day on Monday night - you could e-mail then LF

lilac froggy Jan
08-12-2008, 02:26 PM
Another deal thing already LOL.
I might try during Tuesday then.

lilac froggy Jan
09-12-2008, 04:58 PM
Been trying all day with no luck.
Nigel keeps saying we want your emails but they don't read half of them out I bet. Some of the regulars read out though and promised a card without going in the box.

Rentochops
09-12-2008, 08:43 PM
Been trying all day with no luck.
Nigel keeps saying we want your emails but they don't read half of them out I bet. Some of the regulars read out though and promised a card without going in the box.

Been off sick today and was waiting for your e-mail LFJ - tis dissapointing, I once got a card from Audrey Sibert (wow :) - where has she gone)!