PDA

View Full Version : Flippin Bargain

Rentochops
29-09-2011, 12:14 PM
I think this is amazing value, even if you're not a huge fan La Pashe have basically put their whole back catalogue on a CD for £9.99:

http://www.lapashe.com/

Millburn
29-09-2011, 12:30 PM
I agree with you, a real bargain :D

Kate's Cards
29-09-2011, 12:58 PM
Bargainous!!!

icebubble
29-09-2011, 01:04 PM
Brilliant bargain and an excellent find so will probably order that one. Thank you for finding it. Have you gone for it ROC?

Rentochops
29-09-2011, 01:08 PM
Brilliant bargain and an excellent find so will probably order that one. Thank you for finding it. Have you gone for it ROC?

Indeed I have I don't like all the Flippin' designs but some are very useful, it's not out until November but I think it's a great bargain.

icebubble
29-09-2011, 01:16 PM
Think I will have to order too! :grin: Some of it such as the Remember When is really useful. I made a card for a retired coalminer once and it was perfect. :nod:

Millburn
29-09-2011, 02:52 PM
I've used the Remember When stuff a lot too, my coal miner went to a friend for her hubby who's a mad pot-holer; and the fella sitting on the loo too, done him for OH :D, so I'll be ordering it too :D

essdeecee
29-09-2011, 03:39 PM
I have not used these designs before but recognise their appeal to some people (the maker does not have to love her product!), so my order is in. Thanks ROC - well spotted. :clapping:

Rentochops
29-09-2011, 04:11 PM
To be honest I got an e-mail, I must have subscribed to every on-line craft shop in the UK lol!

LynneH
29-09-2011, 04:11 PM
That does sound like a handy thing to have. Thanks ROC.

gillcraftystuff
29-09-2011, 05:09 PM
Told myself I must not order anything else after looking at this months credit card craft spending but am very tempted by this. I may have to go on that show spendaholics at this rate.

Rentochops
29-09-2011, 05:24 PM
Told myself I must not order anything else after looking at this months credit card craft spending but am very tempted by this. I may have to go on that show spendaholics at this rate.

You are not alone Gill, I try to avoid watching that show as hubbie gives me the look. At this rate La Pashe will sell out!

Shepherdess
29-09-2011, 05:42 PM
I got the email too and fell for the "we only have a limited amount" and ordered it straight away, mind you with my platinum discount only paid £6.99 for it. If I'd known they were going to bring this out I could have saved my money buying all the sheets of decoupage, mind you I only bought them when they were in the bargain section so didn't pay that much for them.

I hope they offer the silver, gold and platinum membership again this year, I've saved a fortune since buying it, so would definitely buy it again.

budgie
29-09-2011, 06:42 PM
Really good bargain ROC. Thanks x

angela
29-09-2011, 06:48 PM
I've used them a few times too especially the men ones, and the football one is rovers colours so that's a bonus

Little Jan
30-09-2011, 09:21 AM
I have a huge pile of the sheets that I got from imagination, they were it sets for £1.00 also the framing cards.so although its a bargain I think I might, I say Might LOL give this one a miss but thanks for the heads up

morgana123
30-09-2011, 12:12 PM
Order placed, I get asked for the flippin cards a lot and my stock of the sheets has been running low - was going to order the sets direct but now can just print the ones I want as I want them - well I can come November lol.

Green
01-10-2011, 09:32 AM
Thanks for the heads up on this. ordered the cd this morning. Thank you for helping me to spend more money........ lol

Rentochops
01-10-2011, 09:38 AM
Thanks for the heads up on this. ordered the cd this morning. Thank you for helping me to spend more money........ lol

no problem Green, welcome to the forum, everyone on here is quite good at helping you part with your money :)

Green
01-10-2011, 09:44 AM
Yes I noticed, everytime I come on to this forum it ends up costing me a small fortune. Thanks for the welcome.

Louisa Price
02-10-2011, 04:26 PM
lol, I got my email same as rentocops, and yes I ordered as well, could actually use it at the moment, as sorry going to swaer, christmas, is round the corner, but will have to wait for november, and make in a hurry lol

Mistyblue
02-10-2011, 07:10 PM
Only just found this thread and it's cost me money lol!! Don't use cd's alot but this sounds as if it could be really useful and you get such alot for the price.
Thanks Vicky ;0

dyzni
02-10-2011, 07:34 PM
Thanks ROC, just ordered too :grin:

Green
29-10-2011, 10:30 PM
Mine arrived this morning and its excellent, I am well pleased.

Rentochops
29-10-2011, 11:19 PM
Yes I got mine too last week, it's very good

Sandra
29-10-2011, 11:36 PM
Mine arrived this morning too. Have just had a quick flick through some of the files... Looks great value for money. Glad I went for it :)

budgie
30-10-2011, 06:08 AM
Mine arrived yesterday too. Well worth the money, there are a few sheets on there that I had never seen before too.

Millburn
30-10-2011, 07:00 AM
I'm another happy customer :D

morgana123
30-10-2011, 07:51 AM
Mine arrived yesterday and have had a quick look through it and have to say that I think this will probably become my most used cd in a long time. Glad I went for this.

icebubble
30-10-2011, 09:33 AM
Very happy with the cd as it is something completely different and there is so much content. Excellent value for money.

essdeecee
30-10-2011, 11:08 AM
I agree with all positive comments! Shame we can't sell the cards we make but a good piece of kit for personal cards, I'm sure.

Jacksmissis
30-10-2011, 11:39 AM
Why cant we sell the cards SDC? I can understand not printing and selling the sheets - that wouldnt be right, but I have loads of packs I have bought when on offer like someone else said, and there is a limit to how many you can keep giving the relatives or friends, perhaps i'm missunderstanding something here??

Rentochops
30-10-2011, 11:57 AM
from another source:

Not an Angel Policy, but useful information about selling cards:

E-mail from Laura at La Pashe

'We have no problems with you selling handmade cards as long as you are not trying to pass the designs off as your own. We have many people emailing asking this question and think its great that people want to sell the finished cards.

Kind Regards
Laura
La Pashe'

essdeecee
30-10-2011, 01:05 PM
Well, this is how I had interpreted the policy and hoped I could sell handmade cards but was erring on the side of caution. Obviously, there is a vast difference between taking individual personal orders and piling made cards high in a shop! I will use the La Pashe legend supplied on each sheet as a label on the reverse of each card. It is also important to point out the original source when displaying cards on a blog, isn't it?

Wow, my clients are going to be so pleased in 2012 when they see the variety on offer...

:mysmilie_504: Laura, and :mysmilie_508: ROC for bringing us this news.

hobbit
30-10-2011, 01:34 PM
Yes I got mine too last week, it's very good

Well now, I'm just peeved. I ordered the CD from Imag-e-nation (which I thought was the LaPashe site) and was told it was a limited edition that wouldn't be released until 14th November. So how come some have been made available before then???? It's put me off going there again - I think that is misrepresentation.

Rentochops
30-10-2011, 02:37 PM
Well now, I'm just peeved. I ordered the CD from Imag-e-nation (which I thought was the LaPashe site) and was told it was a limited edition that wouldn't be released until 14th November. So how come some have been made available before then???? It's put me off going there again - I think that is misrepresentation.

That was an approx release date Hobbit, perhaps you could cancel your order and order direct from La Pashe?

hobbit
30-10-2011, 08:38 PM
I may well do that ROC, I feel that cross about it. :(

I mean, 14th November is still two weeks away!!

Jacksmissis
30-10-2011, 09:32 PM
Well slap my thigh AGAIN! (thats twice this week ha ha) you learn something every day, I too thought that Imag-e-nation and La Pashe were the same, perhaps the two are under the same umbrella ?

Rentochops
30-10-2011, 09:49 PM
Well slap my thigh AGAIN! (thats twice this week ha ha) you learn something every day, I too thought that Imag-e-nation and La Pashe were the same, perhaps the two are under the same umbrella ?

They are both in the North East but not sure they are connected, you never know though.

LynneH
31-10-2011, 07:35 AM
I got mine on Saturday. It's a fab CD with lots of different designs on. I'm really pleased with it.

Wins has it in stock at Foilplay with free P&P if anyone else wants to buy it.

http://www.foilplay.co.uk/default.aspx?item=LPCD

linnick
31-10-2011, 08:57 AM
Hi all could someone who has this CD advise if you can resize the images. I bought some paper toppers plus the backgrounds not realizing they were A4 size.I quite like some of the designs but would need them to fit on A5 and A6 cards. Sorry if it's a silly question!
Thanx
Lin

budgie
31-10-2011, 09:59 AM
The cd itself doesn't have a programme on it, just a load of folders with files in them. It opens in a windows viewer and you print out in windows, so you can just choose any size you want (or maybe depends on your printer). Hope this helps.

linnick
31-10-2011, 10:36 AM
Thanx for reply Budgie. It's just been added to my christmas wish list
Lin

hobbit
31-10-2011, 08:18 PM
I got mine on Saturday. It's a fab CD with lots of different designs on. I'm really pleased with it.

Hmmph. Rub it in... I was going to cancel today, but before I got a chance to do so I got an email saying my order has been "shipped". If I get it tomorrow I will stop whining, but if they take as long as some other suppliers... all bets are off.

:thinking:

Shepherdess
31-10-2011, 09:45 PM
Got my cd a few days ago too, very happy with it, although I don't use that many of the sheets it will be nice to be able to print them out when I want.
I'm fairly sure Imag-e-nation and La Pashe are part of the same company, jak Heath who designs the sheets works for Imag-e-nation and started designing the sheets after she started working at Imag-e-nation and the boss at Imag-e-nation always posted on their forum (before they shut it down) to let everyone know when Jak was going to be on C&C selling La Pashe sheets.

Dax
31-10-2011, 11:04 PM

Thanks for the link Lynne, naughty me ordered it. I should not have but sold something on Ebay and had some money sitting in my paypal account. Now to get it past DH when the postman delivers. :bandit:

Dax
02-11-2011, 08:07 PM
Thanks for the link Lynne, naughty me ordered it. I should not have but sold something on Ebay and had some money sitting in my paypal account. Now to get it past DH when the postman delivers. :bandit:

I ordered the cd Monday and it arrived Tuesday morning and I got it passed DH, :bandit:

Thanks Wins, I am a happy bunny. :clapping:

hobbit
02-11-2011, 08:45 PM
Mine STILL hasn't arrived... :(

This is the first time I've ordered anything but downloads from Imag-e-nation - I think I will stick to that in the future. *pouts*

Shepherdess
03-11-2011, 01:43 PM

This is the first time I've ordered anything but downloads from Imag-e-nation - I think I will stick to that in the future. *pouts*

That's unusual for them, when I order it normally arrive in 2 or 3 days. It might be worth giving them a call or emailing to see what has happened to your order. Hope you get it soon.

Lioness
03-11-2011, 03:14 PM

Hobbit, I got my confirmation the same day as you and I received my cd yesterday with the normal post. It could be the postal service that's to blame. Hope you get yours soon!

Kate's Cards
03-11-2011, 03:37 PM
I ordered mine from JS and it came the next day - free postage is always good.
A lot of the images aren't my scene, but the Remember When cards I made from sheets always sold. I will try a few flippin' cards with my normal clients, I hate them( that's the images not my clients), but I'm sure lots of folks love them.
Just off to print some of the Christmas designs to sell at my lovely friend Lady Katkins school Christmas Fair!

hobbit
03-11-2011, 08:42 PM
It finally arrived today... There is a lot on there I will use, but I have to say I'm not so keen on the Flippin' series. But then, people often like things I don't so I will definitely give them a try.

I'm still a bit disappointed that people who pre-ordered a few weeks ago have seemingly got their cds after people who have only just ordered them, but hey, I have it now and I don't bear a grudge. Much.

Dax
04-11-2011, 11:00 PM
A little disappointed with the CD as I am unable to look at the images without using auto run. Won't let me explore the disc. I have to open the image as if to print and save as a jpg to p.c. before I can take into MCS Pro or Silhouette Studio. Can't take directly from the CD. Tonight trying to do a Wacky Golf car for my son-in-laws birthday card. As I did not want all the images on the sheet (waste of ink) had to save in windows gallery, edit the sheet in MCS and then take into Studio before tracing.

hobbit
05-11-2011, 10:10 AM
I found you can look at the sheets individually if you look at the cd in windows explorer, then click on the autoplay folder, and then open "sheets". All the different categories are listed and you can drill down in each one until you eventually get to to the individual images.

It's not obvious, but it can be done...:wink:

Dax
05-11-2011, 10:30 PM
I found you can look at the sheets individually if you look at the cd in windows explorer, then click on the autoplay folder, and then open "sheets". All the different categories are listed and you can drill down in each one until you eventually get to to the individual images.

It's not obvious, but it can be done...:wink:

Thanks Hobbit. :up:

Duh!!!! :doh: that's the one I did not click on to explore, tried the two below and nothing so gave up.

dyzni
06-11-2011, 10:26 PM
I can open this CD in MCS but can't seem to get the images into studio to try print and cut. Can anyone give me some easy instructions please?

Dax
07-11-2011, 12:01 AM
I can open this CD in MCS but can't seem to get the images into studio to try print and cut. Can anyone give me some easy instructions please?

I only know MCS Pro. Top of page tab for 'e' card, click on save, give it a file name and save. It is then saved as a png file. Mine goes by default into 'documents'. Open Studio, click file then open. Box appears, change file formate (near bottom of box) from studio to pgn or all files. Where is says 'look in' I navigate to documents, click documents icon and then the png image I want. Sorry it is easy to do but hard to write down explaination. :thinking:

dyzni
07-11-2011, 02:39 PM
Thank you. I'll give it a try this evening and let you know how I get on.

dyzni
07-11-2011, 03:23 PM
Fab instructions, I can now get my image over to studio BUT I can't get it to go completely yellow so I can cut it out, I can only get patchy yellow and the tutorial I saved from you tube has been removed. Just off to have another play :happy:

eyeful
07-11-2011, 03:47 PM
Just had a look at mine and I'm well pleased. I think it'll come in handy for a lot of people and the price is just brill so thanks for pointing me in that direction ROC x

Dax
07-11-2011, 05:27 PM
Fab instructions, I can now get my image over to studio BUT I can't get it to go completely yellow so I can cut it out, I can only get patchy yellow and the tutorial I saved from you tube has been removed. Just off to have another play :happy:

Dyzni in the trace window undo the tick on 'high pass filter', slide the 'threshold' up until it your image goes yellow. I found 99% is the highest I can go, 100% the whole page is yellow. If you click on trace 'outer edge' for an image just make sure the outer edge lines of your images are yellow. Hope this helps.

dyzni
07-11-2011, 05:56 PM
Thank you. I've just started a new thread in the correct place as still having problems

Dax
07-11-2011, 06:12 PM
Thank you. I've just started a new thread in the correct place as still having problems

I know Dyzni, I have replied so hope it helps you.

Dax
07-11-2011, 06:51 PM
Dyzni here is my Wacky Wheelz Golf using the cut and detach in Studio, a birthday card for my son-in-law.

The second one is my yougest grandson's first birthday card using again cut and detach in Studio. It's Tatty Bear 'From Me to You' cd.

Little Jan
10-11-2011, 06:48 PM
I went for it in the end for those male cards I never can find anything for, ordered it yesterday it arrive at 8.30am this morning good old Win:up:
thought I'd make wacky wheels congrats card for nephew passing his test but blooming pc would not boot up so I just got it done in time for last post, good job there are quick and easy to cut out

northern crafter
10-11-2011, 08:56 PM
Thank you Wins.

mine has arrived today going to look at the cd tomorrow

ncx

Georgiegirl2012
19-11-2011, 08:51 AM
I ordered this from JS on Thursday and it arrived this morning - had a bit of a browse and I am amazed at the amount of content included. Not all to my taste, but nevertheless a "flippin bargain.

Stitch
19-11-2011, 06:40 PM
Received mine last week. Loving it.

Little Jan
20-11-2011, 01:31 PM
Love mine too I already had loads of the decoupage sheets that I purchased from imag-e-nation in the sale,but just the framing and tinitage ones which I have now used up,so I ordered my cd from foilplay and daughter has asked for 30 to be made, problem is I have no idea what paper to use, I am thinking that the lapashe ones are printed on 120-170 silk paper could anyone confirm this for me before I pay out for the wrong stuff.

lilac froggy Jan
18-12-2011, 04:52 PM
I was surprised how much is on the cd too. I've made a few flippin cards and printed off some flowers onto parchment. They are quite effective the ones I've tried out so far.

I printed the flippin men and women on 170gsm HP everyday semi gloss photo paper Jan. Came out really well. I use more layers than on the sheets. I import into scrapbook artist so can then make them the size I want and fit as much as I can on an A4 sheet. That's the paper I usually use. If I want a matt finish I use matt photo paper. I have also used the graphic card Nikki sells recently. If I want something thinner, I have also used super smooth paper. But generally I personally find it a bit thin for decoupage. It's ok , depends what I am doing. But I prefer the high gsm.

I'd recommend the semi gloss photo paper. Silk finish would probably be ok. I've never used it so don't know.