PDA

View Full Version : help from any seasoned cricutters please

Little Jan
05-10-2011, 04:11 PM
I am having trouble getting the pressure and blade depth right, I have manged to get through dozens of sheets of card and paper trying to get it perfect. I have tried changing the pressure then the blade but I can't seem to find a happy medium it either does not cut through or it rips the paper or card or leaves scruffy edges, the only success I had is is with scrap book papers.
So pretty please can anyone supple me with details of pressure and blade depth for cutting printer thickness paper and various grms of card .

genierose
05-10-2011, 04:31 PM
If you go to "Above Rubies Studio" & sign up for her newsletter you can get a copy of her download showing all cutting settings for dozens of different papers, hope that's of some use to you

angela
05-10-2011, 04:32 PM
are you using core'dinations or bazzil Jan, I find with coedinations that anything with points ends up a bit dog eared and I used bazzil last week ans it was a bit felty on the edges, I think it's trial and error

eyeful
05-10-2011, 04:34 PM
Hi Jan, what are you trying to cut? I have just been doing alphabets on c & c gold and silver mirri card and have the pressure and speed on max and the blade on no. 5 if that helps. I do find though that if you go really small it does start to crinkle a bit and not look quite so good. My letters are 1", I tried to go smaller but had probs. I know Mel always says keep the speed at max. I just try something at an inch big see if it works and then carry on if it's ok making it bigger or whatever size i want. Hope this makes some sense. Having read it back it sounds about as helpful as a chocolate teapot... sorry xxx:angel:

SooG
05-10-2011, 04:39 PM
My Imagine cuts Coredinations beautifully - including really intricate patterns and cuts. I use blade depth 4, pressure 4.

When I'm trying new papers I do a small 1 inch flower and just go through the options until I hit the right combo (had to do that on the weekend to get the right settings for cereal boxes). When you do find the right settings - WRITE THEM DOWN! I never do and regret it each and every time I have to find the right settings again.

Little Jan
05-10-2011, 05:05 PM
I have been using bog standard 150- 250 gms card nothing fancy can't get it to cut 300g and it does not seem to like thin papers which is a shame as I got loads of lovely foiled papers from blarf , only card I have had success with is some k&co will go to the site genierose mentioned and then leave it to trial and error lol

LadyKatkin
05-10-2011, 07:39 PM
When you're cutting paper, slow...right....down. It feels wrong, but the thinner the paper, the slower you should go.
Hth
Kate x

jube
05-10-2011, 08:09 PM
Try the cricut forum the have some good advice on their

englishminx
05-10-2011, 09:08 PM
On one of the cricut shows, she suggested max always for everything. To be honest, I use high for card, and high but slow speed for paper, works fine for me,

susydan
27-03-2012, 04:13 PM
Make sure it is not recycled card as my cricut expression 2 doesn't like it and chews it up.