PDA

View Full Version : I have finally finished ......

papercraftbycarole
05-10-2011, 09:39 PM
.... making Wedding Invitations for my friend's son's wedding. I haven't done all the Order of the Day yet, but this feels like such an achievement. I have blogged about it, but have to say that the construction of that many of the same design has somewhat sapped my creativity. There were times through the whole process that I avoided making anything, as I couldn't face the piles of die cut borders, ribbons etc that were taking over my crafting area - didn't put that on my blog as didn't want my friend to see it!! But, that said, I am pleased with the results. And when I can face it, I will construct the Order of the Day's and wait for the wording they want inside (that bit's not too bad!!).

Cxxx

Granny Penny
05-10-2011, 09:56 PM
I can imagine they were a work of true friendship Carole with days when you must have wondered why you started but how worthwhile it has been, they are absolutely beautiful.

papercraftbycarole
05-10-2011, 10:03 PM
I most certainly had days like that - I would never tell my friend - but there were times I wished I had never agreed to do it. I just didn't want to craft at all!! Cxx

agelesscraft
05-10-2011, 10:34 PM
Beautiful design and a credit to your determination I dont think I would have ever finished.

Susan W
05-10-2011, 10:48 PM
They are gorgeous Carole, your friend must be so pleased.
Susan x

Millburn
05-10-2011, 11:11 PM
they have a simple elegance :D

but repeat crafting is hard work; I think most of us do 1 or 2 on the same theme

LoobyLou
05-10-2011, 11:13 PM
They are gorgeous Carole. Well done.

I can so relate to repetition making you not want to craft. I know some people are happy to churn out the same card again and again. I have a friend who does exactly that definitely for Christmas but also for b'day cards, but I don't see the point of that myself. I craft to be creative, not formulaic.

Marilynmcl
05-10-2011, 11:22 PM
Your wedding stationery is really elegant. I can see how much effort has gone into the making of them. Well done indeed! :)

Wellington
05-10-2011, 11:50 PM
They're lovely Carole, TFS

I nearly had a commision for wedding stationery a few years back - & I seem to remember getting a gentle warning that it can sap your mojo doing so many of the same design.

elcee
06-10-2011, 09:06 AM
Wow, stunning! (and that is not a word I use lightly!)

pyjama princess
06-10-2011, 09:16 AM
Elegant! Such a shame it became a chore. But just think - it'll be over soon and you'll be free to craft as and when you want. Wel done.

Princess4Wiz
06-10-2011, 10:36 AM
These are just stunning, Carole!

I tried to leave a comment on your blog, but I think Blogger has eaten it LOL.

Beth. xxxxx

jube
06-10-2011, 10:46 AM
They ae so elegant you should be so proud of yourself.

Little Jan
06-10-2011, 10:54 AM
Wow they are very elegant, I have seen so many hand made wedding invites that have been so MBFGW,these are stop on.
I am dreading the the day my mate askes me to do her daughters invites, as she has hinted a few times.thing is if I said no she would be offended, but I know she would help. good excuse for a few girly weekends over chocs and wine.hrmm lets home she wants choc coloured invites lol

poppy43
14-10-2011, 03:59 PM
In a rash moment I have offered to do my grandaughter's wedding stationery. The wedding won't be until next year - so I will have plenty of time but now I have started to seriously think about it - all I seem to see is negatives instead of positives. Nothing has been finally settled yet i.e. colours or style - even quantity but the biggest problem I can foresee is that they live in Florida and our next visit isn't due until March. Can you give me a rough idea how long it took you to make them all. I don't go out to work so I would be able 'crack on' with them most days. The ones you have made are absolutely gorgeous and something similar would suit Grace and Nathan's taste perfectly. Any tips you can give me would be very much appreciated. Thankyou x

papercraftbycarole
14-10-2011, 10:43 PM
Hi Poppy. With the day and evening invitations, there were 70 to make. Then the same amount of RSVP's. If I'd sat down and just worked on them all day then maybe 6 or 7 days. I would advise you NOT to do this - but to build in time to do other things - I ended up doing a few hours here and there (hence why I don't exactly know how long it too). It's the repetitiveness that gets to you, and you need to have a break from it otherwise you lose the will to live. I did all the preparation first and then assembled all the cards at the end. I would also suggest buying extras - cards, embellishments etc, as you are bound to make a few mistakes - and it gives you more flexibility. If you want to know where I got my base cards etc, let me know and I'll PM you. Hope that helps!! Cxx

Marilynmcl
14-10-2011, 10:53 PM
Am bewildered....what is 'MBFGW'?...{bet it is really obvious}...I have offered to do my daughter's wedding invites etc. no fixed date as yet on this event so all up in the air just now......but.....I appreciate the tedium of making these all identical so will do as suggested and just make a few at a time then it might not seem so bad.

poppy43
15-10-2011, 10:04 AM
Thankyou so much for your reply. I would really appreciate details of card suppliers etc. also what about the printing? All these questions make me sound rather inadequate in the card-making department but I have been making cards for a few years now albeit for family, friends and charity - just nothing in bulk before. Thankyou once again for your kindness - it is very much appreciated. What a lovely lot of people there are on this forum x