PDA

View Full Version : Craft Robo, print & cut help....

dyzni
07-11-2011, 05:45 PM
Thanks to easy to follow instructions from Dax I can now transfer images into Studio but I don't seem to be able to get a single outline so I can try print and cut. I have tried images from MCS, The Big One and Me To You. I have worked out how to select and trace but when I move the image to check that I have got the outline I have a maze of red lines! I have tried to make the image go yellow but can't get a solid image ie there's bits that are not yellow and if I move the slider further along the whole selected area turns yellow so the outline of what I am trying to trace disappears - hope you can understand what I am trying to say. The nearest I got to doing it was on Wacky Wheelz (The Big One CD) where I transfered 3 images on a decopage page and it would outline 2 of them with the 3rd being another maze of red lines.
Any help would be appreciated.
TIA dyzni x

dyzni
07-11-2011, 06:00 PM
Just followed Dax's further instructions and it looks like it may have worked this time - just going to try printing and cutting now. Fingers crossed!

Dax
07-11-2011, 06:09 PM
Thanks to easy to follow instructions from Dax I can now transfer images into Studio but I don't seem to be able to get a single outline so I can try print and cut. I have tried images from MCS, The Big One and Me To You. I have worked out how to select and trace but when I move the image to check that I have got the outline I have a maze of red lines! I have tried to make the image go yellow but can't get a solid image ie there's bits that are not yellow and if I move the slider further along the whole selected area turns yellow so the outline of what I am trying to trace disappears - hope you can understand what I am trying to say. The nearest I got to doing it was on Wacky Wheelz (The Big One CD) where I transfered 3 images on a decopage page and it would outline 2 of them with the 3rd being another maze of red lines.
Any help would be appreciated.
TIA dyzni x

Dyzni I use 'cut and detach' for my Wacky Wheelz. Untick the 'high pass' box. Take the threshold slider up to 99%, then click cut & detach. Move each image away so only the outline is left. Draw a box around the outline with your mouse to select and then delete. You can then arrange your images on the page within the reg marks and cutting line. I also take the reg marks down to low settings to make the cutting area bigger. Draw an outline around all images on the page to select then click on scissor icon and change 'no cut' to 'cut edge' or the setting you want from the list.

Hope this is clear enough and helps. Tutorials are on-line on a forum. I would be lost without them.

dyzni
07-11-2011, 07:33 PM
Thank you for all your help. I have now managed to print and cut out. It's not very neat and I haven't quite got the hang of the internal offset (don't think I chose a high enough margin) but at least I have cut something! Still can't get the outline on the Me to You decopage but I'm going to have a go with one of the "Flippin" ones.
Will report back shortly LOL

Dax
07-11-2011, 08:08 PM
Thank you for all your help. I have now managed to print and cut out. It's not very neat and I haven't quite got the hang of the internal offset (don't think I chose a high enough margin) but at least I have cut something! Still can't get the outline on the Me to You decopage but I'm going to have a go with one of the "Flippin" ones.
Will report back shortly LOL

With my 'Me to You card' for my youngest granson I edited the nodes on the largest image, but left the rest of the images. The largest has too many hairs so would leave a lot of white. Turned out ok.

dyzni
07-11-2011, 08:46 PM
Wow, now if only I could do that!
I've spent 5 hours playing with Robbie and cut 2 sets of wacky wheelz, (only 3 layers of each set) badly and 1 sheet of "flippin men" which I cut 4 times, then had to change blade and on the 5th cut Robbie jammed!!!!!!!!
Still not getting the offset/inset. Want to be able to cut without any of the white showing. I think I may try the image in your card next (which is fantastic BTW).

dyzni
07-11-2011, 09:16 PM
Oh blimey, think brain has gone into meltdown, can't edit the nodes so going to call it a day and try again another time.
Thanks for all the help Dax.

Dax
08-11-2011, 11:47 AM
Oh blimey, think brain has gone into meltdown, can't edit the nodes so going to call it a day and try again another time.
Thanks for all the help Dax.

Oh dear, hope you manage it today Dyzni.

I found I had to double click on each image for the nodes to show, the cut line does not show at all when I have used the 'cut & detach'. As I click on a node it shows a red line to the next node going right to left. I find the auto trace has far to many nodes, but editing them can take a forever so I tend to do a bit at a time and save. :whew:

dyzni
08-11-2011, 12:33 PM
Had another play with Robbie this morning and still not getting the results I would like. I'm sure it's just practice with different card/paper but it would be nice to get a clean cut first time every time. As for the print and cut, I'm sure I'll get there eventually!!

Dax
08-11-2011, 08:44 PM
Had another play with Robbie this morning and still not getting the results I would like. I'm sure it's just practice with different card/paper but it would be nice to get a clean cut first time every time. As for the print and cut, I'm sure I'll get there eventually!!

Dyzni have you checked your cutting blade is ok and no tiny bits around the blade. When my first blade stopped cutting cleanly DH took a look with an eye glass and the end was completely flat. It was time to get a new blade. :doh:

dyzni
08-11-2011, 10:28 PM
Hi, yes blade changed last night, had fun looking for the clip thingy which pinged off. DD wondered what I was up to on my hands and knees with the torch!!

Dax
08-11-2011, 11:36 PM
Hi, yes blade changed last night, had fun looking for the clip thingy which pinged off. DD wondered what I was up to on my hands and knees with the torch!!

Same thing happened the last time DH changed mine. :mysmilie_466: Took some finding, I thought it was metal, turned out to be plastic, but it does seem to need it back in to hold the blade in place.

I did have a pack of three spindles/ blade from Ebay USA, although Graphtec are now selling them but singles. Peeps say the imported ones are inferior, but I am not so sure they are.