PDA

View Full Version : Wendy frills scarf yarn - help with casting off

mistys mum
09-12-2011, 09:56 AM
Hi everyone
I haven't done any knitting for ages - but have just completed a scarf for a friend in the above yarn.
I say completed - but I am not sure how to finish - ie - cast off.

The instructions say - threaaad end of yarn through loops on needel & sew the end down to secure.
This seems really streange - but then it is not an ordinary thread. Has anyone done this & how neat is it.

has anyone found a different way to finish:34:

Millburn
09-12-2011, 05:09 PM
:wave: welcome; and :blush: sorry I can't help, I don't do knitting on needles

Granny Penny
09-12-2011, 05:31 PM
I have used similar yarn and seem to remember just casting off pretty much as you normally do except that when you knit the cast off row I think I knitted the whole of the ribbon instead of just going into the edge. You then cast off by knitting two stitches, passing the first over the second then knit another stitch and repeat the passing over. I hope this makes sense :-)

Digby's Mum
10-12-2011, 12:41 AM
Like Granny Penny I've used a similar yarn. I cast off into the edge in the same way as I knitted the yarn, but the last stitch on the needle I sewed and gathered up the loose end of the 'fabric' to give a neat(ish) finish - at both ends. Hope this makes sense. The stitching at the ends doesn't show when it's worn.

Nearly forgot - from one 'Mum' to another - Welcome!

mistys mum
12-12-2011, 09:33 AM
Thank you ladies for your help - now I can finish the scarf - get it wrapped & parcelled up.
I knew someone would be able to help - that is why these forums are so great.

Here's wishing you all a Merry Christmas

and perhaps one day I will be able to help someone else.

Thank you also for your warm welcome

.:113: