PDA

View Full Version : Which is the best inkpad when using watercolours ?

Julie
01-07-2008, 05:27 PM
Just a quickie !

Which inkpads do you think are best if I want to then colour wash over a stamped area ?

MTIA

sugarplum
01-07-2008, 06:15 PM
I use stazon or versafine as they dont smudge when watercoloured

Anne
01-07-2008, 06:17 PM
Yep, I would Stazon is the way to go.

Wellington
01-07-2008, 06:29 PM
I asked this on here ages ago & was advised for versafine or stazon...Or maybe clear embossing?

Julie
01-07-2008, 06:38 PM
Thank you lovely ladies, just had a go with a Stazon, god smelt lovely, just like marzipan, not our Marzipan, I have never met her :p

Rainbowwand
01-07-2008, 07:02 PM
Thank you lovely ladies, just had a go with a Stazon, god smelt lovely, just like marzipan, not our Marzipan, I have never met her :p

lol thats really funny you should say that Julie, Marzipan always says the same thing whenever we use stayzon :D

Phree
01-07-2008, 08:55 PM
Hmmmm obviously you didn't read the warnings Julie... your not supposed to sniff your stazon :p. I must admit tho I do like the almondy scent.

BTW Archival ink is also good for watercolouring as it is another permanent ink. I also like using a gray ink rather than black for more "pencil drawn" look - depends on what the stamp is.

One thing I did learn the hard way tho... Versafine is no use with Prismacolour pencils, the oil in the ink reacts with the pencil and it starts to smear into the colour when you get close up to your stamped outline.

Marzipan
01-07-2008, 08:58 PM
Its not just me!!! i love them smell of the stazon if i could i would take the lid off and smell it but that might make me a bit more insane than i already am!!!