PDA

View Full Version : crafter's mega deal

lynnieb
14-12-2008, 01:17 PM
the crafter's mega deal that was on last week has a big problem. The double fold A4 cards don't come with envelopes! They don't eVEN SELL THEM TO go withTHE CARDS. wHAT AM i MEANT TO DO NOW? how stupid isd that?

3BC
14-12-2008, 01:21 PM
LOL- I got this on sale a few weeks ago and have just discovered the same problem. I thought at first that I had just lost the envelopes, but then looked at the description again. Fat lot of use!
Please let us know if you find any suitable envelopes, that don't look like office supply!

Marie
14-12-2008, 01:22 PM
a flippin waste of time, unless you've got the time and energy and huge pieces of paper to make the envelopes yourself. That's the problem with the pile'em high, sell'em cheap IW/C&C stuff. I guess you'll have to go and buy the envelopes separately yourself, which is just extra cost.

lynnieb
14-12-2008, 01:26 PM
well, they can have the bloomin kit back, AND they can pay the p&p. A real shame cos the rest is lovely.

Rentochops
14-12-2008, 01:34 PM
How big would the paper need to be to make an A4 envelope I wonder?:confused:

maisie*daisy
14-12-2008, 02:10 PM
would it have to be A3?

Dips
14-12-2008, 02:21 PM
What size is the finished card - is it A4, if so, you just need C4 envelopes which are available?

3BC
14-12-2008, 03:06 PM
No Dips, it is narrower because of the fold. It would fit into a C4 envelope but would look a bit odd I think.

Dips
14-12-2008, 03:22 PM
Oh, is it the one with the spine that makes a deeper card? You could always make a box for it? I have worked out a way to calculate and make envelopes for pretty much any size of card, but it needs quite a long explaination and I don't have time before Christmas to explain (I'm still up to my eyes in a massive order that I am spending every spare moment on). I will try to do a show and tell after Christmas, as peeps might like to know for any other odd shaped cards!

lilac froggy Jan
14-12-2008, 04:09 PM
I have recently made a couple of really nice envelopes cut down from bigger envelopes.
C4 size to start with but the cards I have made have been too big for C5 but just a bit too small to put in the bigger envelope. As you say that just doesn't look right at all.
I just carefully pull them apart where stuck, cut down to the size I need and then stick back.
Works well in both directions. Width and length.

lynnieb
18-12-2008, 08:43 AM
Dips, why should I pay extra for envelpes? would you buy a necklace without a clasp? it is a point of principle really. THEY don't even sell big 'lopes on their own at IW.

Dips
18-12-2008, 09:09 AM
I understand you're point, Lynnie, but many people don't buy both cards and envelopes. I never do, I always buy the quality of cardstock that I want to use on a card (which is very rarely the quality that is sold in pre-scored sets) and I then either buy envelopes seperately or make them or, more likely, make boxes.

I guess the question is, is the mega deal still a good deal despite no envelopes?

Phree
18-12-2008, 01:59 PM
Sorry I didn't really watch the kit presentation - but the title "mega deal" seems to imply it's one of these vast combined deals with all kinds of stuff from a mixuture of kits that they have previously sold individually. I'm thinking it's the kit that Stephanie was shreiking about recently saying it's not just one kit - it's 7 kits (think that mega deal incuded the gold and sliver mirror card that they normally sell 50 sheets at a time). Anyhow, if it is one of these combined deals, are the A4 cards in question such a large component of the deal that with out them the kit is not worth the price?

If it's the kind of combined kit I am thinking of then even if you binned the A4 cards, chances are you still got a pretty good buy - so why send it all back? You could simply use the card for something else - cutting down to a smaller card size, or even just matting and layering

lynnieb
19-12-2008, 10:47 AM
i suppose u are right about cutting the card down, its just I've never tries using very large cards and rthis would have been a good opportunity to try them out. without 'lopes I can't. Still, I shall cut them down for something elsE. its still a greAT KIT.