PDA

View Full Version : Princess4Wizz Birthday

Little Jan
04-01-2012, 01:18 PM
Just to stop any confusion,
Princess4wizz joined the swap last year but as her Birthday came before the start date it would have ment she would get a card for Jan 2012 but as she joined the new list it would then mean her next Birhtday would run into next years list, so to avoid confusion she has agreed that she will start from this year, this means that all members including those from last year wether you rejoined or not will need to send just the one card for this year, hope this makes sense

LoobyLou
04-01-2012, 02:27 PM
P4W was on last year's list, but didn't get a card last year, ergo, she should get it this year, and as she rejoined she should also get it next January, otherwise hasn't she sent two cards out to get one back?? Likewise, those people who have only just joined but were added in December were not expected to send me a card for my birthday just gone but I shall be expecting one from them for my next birthday at the end of this year. Surely it's the newbies in January who are getting cards before they should have as last year's swap should have run until after P4W's birthday on the 10th of the month, so shouldn't they have got their first cards next year???

Bloody nightmare running these swaps Jan. I am glad mine goes from a less busy month, lol

Little Jan
05-01-2012, 11:55 AM
I understand what you are saying Looby but P4W has agreed to this otherwise it would mean every year the list would keep crossing over to next year,and I would have the same problem as I am having now, if people no not rejoin and dont come on the forum they will forget their commitment. People who joined in December did so as I started to do the list in Novemeber so I could sort it before Christmas as there were some early January Birthdays.As my list runs 1st January2012-31st December 2012 they were aware they did not have to send cards till Jan2012
Hope this makes it clear
Also as I am not sure if I will continue with the list next year it means I would be ending with clear list.

Princess4Wiz
05-01-2012, 12:11 PM
LJ, please don’t worry about this. I’m happy to get any cards that come my way and if I’ve sent one to someone but don’t receive one, then it’s not that important. I don’t want you to get stressed over this, hon. The swaps are meant to be fun, not stressful. It’s good of you to organize it in the first place, and I can’t bear the thought of it making you ill!

Beth. xxx

Little Jan
05-01-2012, 12:24 PM
Phew I was just about to pm you LOl
The probelm with running Birthdays over to another year in this case has shown to not work as we have a few pepole who have not rejoined and gone missing LOL
from my list you should receive a nice lot of cards, and only 3 of last years members have not rejoined or have gone awol so either way you would not have got cards from them anyway.If I do continue next year and you rejoin then you will not have missed out at all as the lsit will Start 1st Jan,if you get my drift

Princess4Wiz
05-01-2012, 12:48 PM
I have already received some envelopes, Jan, and I'm really looking forward to opening them all next week. As I said, please don't worry about the swap. I'm sure most folks with early January birthdays are used to being overlooked by someone, especially after the madness of Christmas LOL!

LoobyLou
05-01-2012, 02:55 PM
Like I said Jan, 'tis a ruddy nightmare! I have a colour co-ordinated list with everyone on it so I don't forget anyone. My list is one colour, your's another and SP's yet another still. If someone is on only one list they have a single colour, if they are on two they have two colours (ie, name one colour, address another) if they are on all three they have three colours. If at the end of for example my list someone from my list drops off, but they are still on your's and/or SP's until your lists finish then I just remove my colour so they go back to being on only two lists, etc. etc. etc. Otherwise, people who had dropped out of one swap but were still currently in another were being continued over when they shouldn't be. I bet all this sounds like double bloody dutch, but it does make sense to me.

My swap runs from May to March currently starting with Millburn, and ending with Welly in March (as I have no April birthdays). If someone wanted to join next time I run the list and their birthday was in March prior to Welly, they would be waiting all the way round to 2013 to receive their first card, because the commitment for 2011-2012 on my list would not have ended until after Welly's had received all her cards. And NOW I am even confusing myself, lol

Little Jan
05-01-2012, 03:52 PM
Ohhh my head hurts

I have enough trouble trying to get one list right if I joined another swap people would never get the right cards lol