PDA

View Full Version : Joanna Sheen's Furry Friends CD

Muffintop
12-01-2012, 09:07 PM
I put this into my computer to print out a topper and backing paper this week and it's really making me go "aaaggggghhhh". :116:

I keep trying to print one image out on my HP 2575 series printer and it keeps telling me there is a job in the print queue that is stopping it printing. I've deleted everying in the print queue, trouble shooted everything and it still won't let me print. I don't use CD roms much at the moment but wanted an image of this disk. It probably is something really stupid that my tiny brain can't identify. I did go ont o JS's forum and there seemed to be a way around this which I tried and it didn't work.

I've uninstalled Adobe and reinstalled as per the disk, I've unplugged my printer and plugged it in again. The progress bar for the printer just doesn't work. I haven't been able to print anything out in Word either as a test - the printer message comes up again.

I did wonder if it was because the disk has actually pictures on but OH seems to think this wouldn't make a difference.

I have Windows 7 and the computer is about 6 months old. I'd appreciate any help. Thank you x

Marilynmcl
13-01-2012, 12:44 AM
If you still have the installation disc for your printer why not uninstall and then re-install the printer and see if that will clear it to allow you to print again.....hope it works if you give it a try. :)

budgie
13-01-2012, 08:46 AM
It sounds as if the problem is with your printer not the cd, if you can't print from Word either.

Deefersmum
13-01-2012, 12:36 PM
I put this into my computer to print out a topper and backing paper this week and it's really making me go "aaaggggghhhh". :116:

I keep trying to print one image out on my HP 2575 series printer and it keeps telling me there is a job in the print queue that is stopping it printing. I've deleted everying in the print queue, trouble shooted everything and it still won't let me print. I don't use CD roms much at the moment but wanted an image of this disk. It probably is something really stupid that my tiny brain can't identify. I did go ont o JS's forum and there seemed to be a way around this which I tried and it didn't work.

I've uninstalled Adobe and reinstalled as per the disk, I've unplugged my printer and plugged it in again. The progress bar for the printer just doesn't work. I haven't been able to print anything out in Word either as a test - the printer message comes up again.

I did wonder if it was because the disk has actually pictures on but OH seems to think this wouldn't make a difference.

I have Windows 7 and the computer is about 6 months old. I'd appreciate any help. Thank you x

I had a problem with one of Joanna's CDs a while ago and emailed them explaining. I received a reply from Richard the same day who gave me detailed instructions on how to put things right and he said if it didn't work to contact him again - worked perfectly after that. I was really impressed!

Muffintop
13-01-2012, 05:49 PM
I have thought about that but can't remember where I bought the disk from and don't have the cheekiness to email them if I bought it elsewhere although I think JS would help under any circumstances. I will try out your helpful suggestions and see if that cures it. Thanks x

LadyKatkin
13-01-2012, 06:01 PM
I'd go to the HP website and see if there's a driver you need or a trouble you can shoot. I have an HP (oh, they can drive you mad!), and sometimes that'll do the trick. Mine does daft things like uninstall itself from my laptop. See if there's any help there.
Kate x

Deefersmum
13-01-2012, 06:37 PM
I have thought about that but can't remember where I bought the disk from and don't have the cheekiness to email them if I bought it elsewhere although I think JS would help under any circumstances. I will try out your helpful suggestions and see if that cures it. Thanks x

I did actually buy the CD from JS but that wasn't raised when I sent the email. There wasn't actually anything wrong with the disk it was my computer getting in a muddle to open the documents - as I say Richard was brilliant.

Muffintop
15-01-2012, 11:08 AM
Hi everyone, I've reinstalled the printer which has got rid of the pesky printing error thingy (agree HP can driver you mad :116:).

But (hangs head in shame) I had forgotten to check the ink itself and the colour is empty!

I have just ordered two news compatibles so (hopefully) problem solved.

(Sits in corner in embarrasment :embarassed:).

Muffintop
18-01-2012, 05:49 PM
Problem solved! Ink arrived. Image printed. Beautiful quality and printed on JS's glossy paper although I know there are other papers available this is the first glossy paper I've used. :xmas-smiley-004:

I also printed an insert from a Crafter's Companion Garden Fairy disk (Fairy Marigold) with one of their verses for a retirement card; it came out really lovely.