PDA

View Full Version : My first video - for those who wanted to know about loop stitch

Granny Penny
24-01-2012, 02:24 PM
I am really hoping this worked but Tuesday is my day to update my blog (http://grannycrafting.blogspot.com/) and it's raining cats and dogs and is very grey so I decide rather than have wet, grey photos I would try my hand at getting a video onto this weeks update. I do hope it works and that it is of some use to some of you!

JanTheNan
24-01-2012, 02:41 PM
Worked perfectly GP, just watched it, years since I did loops in knitting myself and can't for the life of me remember which method I used.

Granny Penny
24-01-2012, 02:45 PM
Thanks Jan. When I watched it back I had to smile at the blank bit at the end where I was trying to switch it off without getting my hand in the way!

JanTheNan
24-01-2012, 03:25 PM
Can honestly say I never noticed GP.

eyeful
24-01-2012, 04:03 PM
Well done GP I watched on my laptop which isn't the best so it was streaming a little I will watch it on the pc this evening. Looks good x

eyeful
24-01-2012, 04:07 PM
Yep excellent GP and am now following x

jr77
24-01-2012, 04:13 PM
That must have been quite difficult to film but was very clear even to a non knitter like me!

Muffintop
24-01-2012, 04:27 PM
Hi GP. wondered how it was done! I used to catch the bus with a girl years ago who had a loop stitch cardigan and it fascinated me as I couldn't understand how she made although she did try to explain umpteen times. It was pink acrylic but it was the (cough) ahem 70s...

Granny Penny
24-01-2012, 04:37 PM
Love the idea of pink acrylic Muffintop - on somebody else. It's not difficult done this way round and although you can't go fast, it's not too bad.

Thanks for following Eyeful. I will try and keep it interesting :nod:

You are right about the filming JR. I had to make sure I was sitting opposite a blank wall as the camera was pointing away from me. I then put it on books between me and my hands (if you see what I mean). The worst bit was I kept moving my hands out of shot so I finally did it watching what I was doing through the view finder - odd angle but it seemed to work. It's strange what roads craft takes you down, that's for sure!