PDA

View Full Version : Secret Santa thought...

Wellington
19-12-2008, 10:16 AM
...I know I'm probably going to get shouted down for this, but I wondered if at some point, once all the reveals have been done, if we can maybe have one thread with a pic of each card & the maker's name.

We have so many fab cards & participants this year, my little brain cell can't cope with so many different threads - I thought it might be nice to have all the cards in one place?

I realise we have the Gallery section, but I'm thinking most peeps just don't look in there - maybe a thread in the Card Swap section is the most high profile place?

Pam
19-12-2008, 10:20 AM
Good idea Welly, my brain's the same. lol

Are there many more reveals to come?

3BC
19-12-2008, 11:57 AM
Thank you Welly, I have been thinking the same thing- I lose track of what's what and it's a shame to miss out on seeing them all. Because there are lots of people ( a good thing LOL) in the swap this year, it's harder to keep up.

LynneH
19-12-2008, 12:39 PM
Fab idea Welly. It will be much easier to see them all in one place.

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
19-12-2008, 01:06 PM
good idea welly saves getting so lost,

if i had more time to do my card i would of made it better but things like that happen

LorraineJ
19-12-2008, 01:09 PM
Think this is a great idea, should I have a go?

Have had another thought, should we ask for a stickied thread and transfer the card and the maker individually. That way, the burden would not fall on a particular person.

Jeanette
19-12-2008, 01:46 PM
Sounds a brilliant idea to me

Wellington
19-12-2008, 01:54 PM
Phew! I thought everyone was going to point out the Gallery!!

Have had another thought, should we ask for a stickied thread and transfer the card and the maker individually. That way, the burden would not fall on a particular person.

I think in my little brain cell I was thinking along these lines too - maybe as each reveal is done the recipient can post a pic in the Santa's Gallery thread?

Jeanette
19-12-2008, 01:56 PM
Thats what I thought you meant Welly

Wellington
19-12-2008, 01:59 PM
I'd do the honours & launch the thread...but I still don't know who sent my lovely creation :(

Anne
Nice idea Welly. Makes much more sense if we post the piccies individually.

What I love about these secret swaps is that some people have a very definite style and are quite easy to pick out, then there are others who fox us completely, and then I guess there are others who try to make their cards not look like they were made by them.

LorraineJ
Phew! I thought everyone was going to point out the Gallery!!

I think in my little brain cell I was thinking along these lines too - maybe as each reveal is done the recipient can post a pic in the Santa's Gallery thread?

Well my grey cells aren't working that effectively, I am feeling pretty ghastly.

sheilaj
19-12-2008, 02:35 PM
I have found the guessing threads hard to keep straight in my head as well....old age :(

Pam
19-12-2008, 02:37 PM
Probably a stupid question but is the recipient or the maker going to post the pic?

LorraineJ
19-12-2008, 02:44 PM
Probably a stupid question but is the recipient or the maker going to post the pic?

Not a stupid question at all, I'd say if possible the recipient but provided the 24 (?) cards with the maker appear in the thread, I don't think it makes a lot of difference wihether the recipient or maker does the postings.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to put on the original thread that you have copied the picture and the maker into the 'gallery' thread, that way we are less likely to get duplicates.

Wellington
19-12-2008, 02:44 PM

My single brain cell was thinking recipient (good grief, I'm going to kill off this brain cell if I keep working it like this LOL), but I can't now think why!

LorraineJ
19-12-2008, 02:47 PM
My single brain cell was thinking recipient (good grief, I'm going to kill off this brain cell if I keep working it like this LOL), but I can't now think why!

They do say "use it or lose it" Wellington, so that brain cell of yours should be in tip top condition. lol

Phree
19-12-2008, 04:15 PM
This is a good idea, a review of the Swap section of the forum shows that the number of guesses made on each card is actually quite varied - ranging from some having over 20 replies others have less than 10 which seems to indicate quite a few folks may not have seen that particular thread or looked, but did not guess right away because they wanted to think about it for a bit and ended up forgetting they had not guessed.

sheilaj
19-12-2008, 04:52 PM
I would say recipient because we know they have a picture of the card :)

Wellington
19-12-2008, 07:23 PM
I would say recipient because we know they have a picture of the card :)

I think that's what my single cell had come up with Sheila - thank you :)

LynneH
19-12-2008, 08:09 PM
I've added mine onto the thread started by Winspiration. If we keep the thread chat free it will make it even easier to look through.

Anne
23-12-2008, 06:50 PM
Don't want to tread on Lorraine's toes or anything, but can anyone who hasn't revealed themselves as the maker of a Secret Santa card yet please do so on the relevant thread as there are some recipients desperate to know who their card is from. :)

Phree
23-12-2008, 06:53 PM
The revealed thread is a great idea, lovely to see all the cards in one place wiht no chatter cluttering up the thread.

LorraineJ
23-12-2008, 08:06 PM
Don't want to tread on Lorraine's toes or anything, but can anyone who hasn't revealed themselves as the maker of a Secret Santa card yet please do so on the relevant thread as there are some recipients desperate to know who their card is from. :)

Good idea Anne, a gentle reminder. Can everyone who hasn't done so, please do the necessary. :)

Phree
23-12-2008, 10:51 PM
Another gentle reminder, the onus to post in the "revealed" thread is on the receipients of the cards, some recipents have not posted yet even tho the maker has owned up on the guessing thread.