PDA

View Full Version : Dawn's comment today on working with JF Thursday

clevercat
01-07-2008, 11:52 PM
I watched my recording of Monday's decoupage craft show today. Dawn and Julian were chatting about what the shows were about each day and Julian asked who was on with her. Dawn seemed a bit vague but no doubt prompted by the gallery started to reel off names and then Julian told her Jill Franks was with her on Thursday for the stencilling. As Julian turned to the camera to introduce an item you could clearly hear Dawn say "Well that will be a challenge then"
My thoughts as well, that was going to be my favourite of the week but I'm not sure I will manage to endure Jill's repertoire of snuffles, smirks and unrelated chat for 2 hours. Sounds like Dawn may have a similar problem.

Phree
02-07-2008, 12:00 AM
LOL, oh dear, poor Dawn, she has my heart felt sympathies. It occurs to me that if La Franks can drive us nuts....how much harder must it be for Dawn.

nicecupoftea
02-07-2008, 06:49 AM
I heard those comments about Jill Franks as well and didn't know what to make of them. Unfortunately most of he presenters are now driving me up the wall so I end up recording the show and zooming through it later. That way also saves me money as the things I'm tempted by usually sell out!

Julian always rushes Dawn, Catherine can't stop smiling and gets over excited, Julia Roberts just doesn't want to do craft. Oh someone stop me before I get carried away.

Rentochops
02-07-2008, 09:13 AM
I heard those comments about Jill Franks as well and didn't know what to make of them. Unfortunately most of he presenters are now driving me up the wall so I end up recording the show and zooming through it later. That way also saves me money as the things I'm tempted by usually sell out!

Julian always rushes Dawn, Catherine can't stop smiling and gets over excited, Julia Roberts just doesn't want to do craft. Oh someone stop me before I get carried away.

I think Craig, Anthony and Simon are good with Dawn, Debbie's ok as well.

jeanfan
02-07-2008, 09:32 AM
I can`t stand it when Anthony and Dawn are together.In saying that I still have a show I taped a while ago where Dawn is showing some adhesive glittered ribbon.The conversation went on to disco dancing,Anthony did a little demo and Dawn made a remark about seeing him dance to Steps(just had to watch and make sure so I`m laughing again).Anthony said it was something cool,like Coldplay or REM,not Steps.Dawn said she knew it was S club Seven,but she giggled as she said it and it never fails to make me laugh.

Winspiration
02-07-2008, 11:11 AM
I like Anthony & Julian best with Dawn :)

Anne
02-07-2008, 11:25 AM
Anthony, Julian, Craig or Charlie for me. I also don't mind Sara Griffiths, and I thought Julia Roberts was actually okay when she was on recently with Dawn.

Jeanette
02-07-2008, 12:29 PM
TBH, most of the presenters get on my nerves at some point! IMO, I think it would be better if maybe Dawn and Leonie did the show together. Better to have 2 experts than 1 expert and 1 annoying presenter butting in all the time :D

LorraineJ
02-07-2008, 12:35 PM
How very unfortunate the mikes picked up Dawn's remark. If it wasn't for QVC Dawn Bibby would not be the craft household name she is, she would in all probability have a very successful shop and that would be as far as her success stretched. Much as she may find Ms Franks a challenge, she really should not say so. Personally, I find the endless chiming in across the experts, ignorant at best, but some of it has to be the gallery telling the presenter to ask the next inane question instead of the presenter using their common sense, be quiet and let us hear from the expert.

clevercat
02-07-2008, 05:49 PM
I thought Anne Dawson was quite good with Dawn today but there were times when she was being really urged to move on while Dawn wanted to show samples when things were sold or nearly sold out. She definately seemed to be "piggy in the middle".
I enjoyed todays show on rubber stamps.

Phree
02-07-2008, 06:43 PM
How very unfortunate the mikes picked up Dawn's remark. If it wasn't for QVC Dawn Bibby would not be the craft household name she is, she would in all probability have a very successful shop and that would be as far as her success stretched. Much as she may find Ms Franks a challenge, she really should not say so. Personally, I find the endless chiming in across the experts, ignorant at best, but some of it has to be the gallery telling the presenter to ask the next inane question instead of the presenter using their common sense, be quiet and let us hear from the expert.

This leads to the thought what would JF be without QVC..... an anorexic gym instructor perhaps ? :D :D :D

Marzipan
02-07-2008, 07:36 PM
one question what on earth was dawn wearing i could see her bra!!!

DianaDreads
02-07-2008, 07:59 PM
I thought she looked a bit thinner today and seemed a bit happier too (though I only saw last 10 mins as OH chucks things at the tv if he has to hear too much Dawn). Maybe the tonsil is affecting her eating - she keeps saying that she wants to lose weight, though don't we all?!

Rentochops
02-07-2008, 08:28 PM
one question what on earth was dawn wearing i could see her bra!!!

Yes it was a bit distracting - I don't think she should lose weight, however it must be difficult when you are on TV with stick thin presenters (Alison Keenan, Jill Franks etc..)!