PDA

View Full Version : Canvas 'look' photopaper

Pam
02-07-2008, 11:05 AM
Does anyone know where I can get some canvas 'look' photopaper please.
The ones I've found are very expensive so I think they must be real canvas - between £60 -£70 for 25 A4 sheets. eeek.:(

It's for cardmaking so don't want expensive stuff. A 4 would be preferable.

I'm useless at these google etc searches, never seem to be able to get what I'm looking for. :o:rolleyes:

Thanks for any help.

Anne
02-07-2008, 11:20 AM
I've had a quick google (oo-er) and found these

http://www.proprint.co.uk/paper.htm

http://www.photopaperdirect.com/Scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=89

http://www.papermilldirect.co.uk/acatalog/Canvas_Fine_Art_Paper.html

LorraineJ
02-07-2008, 11:28 AM
Would the acrylic canvas paper sold in pads at the Works pass through your printer, cut to size?

Dips
02-07-2008, 11:33 AM
Pam

Great minds must think alike, I'm going to have a go at printing onto the Linen cardstock that I get from PDA to see if it gives that sort of canvassy look. Will let you know.

turquoise
02-07-2008, 11:38 AM
Joanna sheen sells some canvas type printer paper I bought some but havent used it yet. It looks nice though

Pam
02-07-2008, 03:40 PM
Thanks everyone.

Thank you, I can't get the first link to work Anne:rolleyes:

I don't remember seeing anything like that in our The Works Lorraine. I don't go there very often and tried to look online but can't find anything again!:(

Thanks Dips, I'd like to know.:)

They are out of stock at the moment turquoise!:mad:

Dips
02-07-2008, 03:48 PM
Well, I've just printed off a whole load of Jane Netley images onto a combination of Stardream, Linen-effect and Wove cardstock, and the effects are stunning.

The African images onto Opal Stardream (which is a very soft ivory/golden colour) look beautiful, as do the Marine images onto Quartz.

The Linen-effect (which is a mat, textured cardstock a bit like Bazzil- it's not the materail type stuff that I've seen JS use) is beautiful on the hand-skteched type images.

The Wove is proving great for very crisp, mat images.

I've been dead naughty and printed these all off on my work colour printer - am going to bring in more types/colours tomorrow. I think that the Flamingos onto pink stardream will be yummy!

Bloomin' Myrtle
02-07-2008, 06:08 PM
Hi,

I use linen and wove card too, but I had some lovely canvas look paper from Partners. It isn't very canvas-y but gave a nice finish.

Anne
02-07-2008, 08:03 PM
Thank you, I can't get the first link to work Anne:rolleyes:

Did you click it properly? :p

Pam
02-07-2008, 10:32 PM
Ooooh 'eck I think so. lol

Rainbowwand
03-07-2008, 03:02 PM
I'm with Pam it didnt work for me either :D

Pam
14-08-2008, 06:22 PM
I eventually ordered the paper from Joanna Sheen. It came today and I've printed one sheet and it looks really good, exactly what I wanted.

When I opened the parcel I though OMG it's not what I wanted, it's brown:eek: but after reading the packet:rolleyes: I found out you have to turn it over for printer use and it's white. :o