PDA

View Full Version : C&C club renewal problem

elvie
28-02-2012, 09:37 AM
Yesterday I phoned C&C customer services to cancel my membership. It was due for renewal on 3 March. The call went smoothly and I was quite happy with a reasonably short call, bearing in mind the 10p a min charge.
So far so good?

This morning I have received an email saying.....

'Congratulations on becoming part of the Create and Craft Club and joining thousands of other craft members'

So, back on to Customer services to ask what was going on. Quite a lot more 10p's were mounting up because they had no record of my call yesterday and they had renewed me, even though the renewal date was 3 march. Eventually even though I found it very hard to understand the lady, I have cancelled and was reassured that my £20 would be refunded.

Now why is it I feel like this isn't the end of this problem?????
I hope I'm wrong!

jr77
28-02-2012, 11:22 AM
Might be worth e-mailing Gareth just so he can check it is ok.

Millburn
28-02-2012, 11:26 AM
I'd email Gareth too

morgana123
28-02-2012, 06:21 PM
Another company but similar probelm. I cancelled a product insurance when the renewal letter came but lo and behold yesterday my insurance was renewed to the tune of £44 and I had to spend another £3.50 on a second call cancelling it again and getting a refund. They had no record of my first call either. Learnt my lesson - will follow up with e mail in future so I have proof.

keiko1
28-02-2012, 06:46 PM
I would call my credit card company and make sure they didn;t take anything out.

RozMinis
28-02-2012, 07:11 PM
Change your card, or even remove it.

Roz

elvie
03-03-2012, 01:50 PM
Well, as sure as eggs are eggs, they took £20 off me.
I emailed Customer services and got a reply saying I will be refunded in 5-7 working days. But WHY does it take so long to refund something they shouldn't have taken in the first place!

Sue
03-03-2012, 02:14 PM
Well, as sure as eggs are eggs, they took £20 off me.
I emailed Customer services and got a reply saying I will be refunded in 5-7 working days. But WHY does it take so long to refund something they shouldn't have taken in the first place!

Funny they're so quick to take money, but so slow to return it. I think you should get a voucher to compensate you for phone calls and hassle as well as a refund.

craftybel
06-03-2012, 07:59 AM
Can I check, please? Is the onus on us to cancel our membership then? I joined last summer and am not sure whether I will renew, as I tend to use Countryview crafts and Craft Obsessions for most things. I thought I would have to rejoin if I wanted to continue, but now I am in doubt! Can you let me know please?

elvie
06-03-2012, 08:40 AM
They sent me a paper reminder a couple of weeks before the renewal date. And YES it is automatically renewed unless you phone to cancel. Lets hope that the call center is back in the uk soon. I had to speak to an Indian lady, very very hard to understand. Obviously she didn't understand me either. But I am pleased to say my £20 has been refunded.

freedom99
06-03-2012, 08:56 AM
I ordered the spellbinders pck of the day recently and put some other bits and pieces in because it was on 4 payments.
The order was split into 4 separate parcels two being card, one being the pick of the day spellbinders and the other all my bits and pieces.
When this lot arrive the package was badly ripped and had been taped up again, there was 6 sets of magnetic sheets my raspberry embossing plate and my Tim holtz ruler but not the cosmic shimmer glue or my sentiments stamps.

I phone customer service but as usual got a man who reckoned his name was George ( as if ) and I explained the problem to him but he kept insisting there was still 2 parcels to come and my missing stuff would be in one of them. I explained several times that the invoice stated the contents of this package and they were missing for sure.
Well 20 mins later I gave up and settled for his explanation that he would resend them.
Low and behold they turn up a week later never thought I would see them and thought I would have to brave the telephone again.
I think my persistence must have gotten through but god knows how much the call cost me and that was on top of a £9.97 postage charge because they never capped it at £6.99 like they say they will.

I can't wait for the customer service to come to the uk it long overdue.

freedom99
06-03-2012, 09:02 AM
Sorry double post.

elvie
06-03-2012, 09:27 AM
Even though the CS is coming back to the uk I expect it will still be a premium rate number. If only c&c had QVC customer service qualities????

Wid27
06-03-2012, 01:55 PM
I've had 2 phone calls from C&C ,both from people that I could not understand, to remind me that my membership runs out on the 9th March which I already knew because it comes up when you purchase anything from them. But I do obect to them ringing me at inconvienient times. We already get lots of calls from other companies telling me there is something wrong with my computer, which I know there's not, and they are just trying to con me. When I told one of them not to ring me again he told me to f... off!!
What a cheek.

morgana123
06-03-2012, 07:47 PM
I have not nor ever will have my membership on automatic renewal, I renew because I want to and because it suits me to do it when I do. I have never been told I have to opt out of automatic renewal and would assume that if create and craft are automatically renewing membership without explicit instructions to do so from the member they must be breaking some law.

So how do you know if they are going to automatically renew your membership?

Just checked my account and my renewal is due 1 June and there is a tab at the side for me to renew my membership so Im assuming that it wont be done automatically but should I really assume with IW/C&C?

Rentochops
06-03-2012, 08:52 PM
I have not nor ever will have my membership on automatic renewal, I renew because I want to and because it suits me to do it when I do. I have never been told I have to opt out of automatic renewal and would assume that if create and craft are automatically renewing membership without explicit instructions to do so from the member they must be breaking some law.

So how do you know if they are going to automatically renew your membership?

Just checked my account and my renewal is due 1 June and there is a tab at the side for me to renew my membership so Im assuming that it wont be done automatically but should I really assume with IW/C&C?

Not sure Morgana, I did hear there was an untick box when we joined up for auto -renewal but I never saw it, mine also runs out in June and I don't want to re-new mine either! If they do I will go mad as they won't take off the VAT anymore so it's not worth paying £12 P&P anymore...

xxxtglxxx
07-03-2012, 12:26 AM
Yep, there was an untick box for 'auto-renewal'. I made sure I unticked mine. Who would auto-renew anyway, surely its better to rejoin and get the £10 off?

xxalisonxx

http://xxxtglxxx.blogspot.com/

elvie
07-03-2012, 09:31 AM
I will rejoin next time I make a purchase, that might not be for a couple of months? so why waste membership time.

budgie
07-03-2012, 09:46 AM
I also make sure that I untick the auto-renewal box.

It seems wrong to me to do it this way. Surely they should assume we are joining for one year, and give us the option to auto-renew if we choose. It should not be auto-renew by default.

Little Jan
07-03-2012, 10:33 AM
I bert when my Hubby joined to get my Cricut on discount he never unticked the box

jr77
07-03-2012, 07:41 PM
Well I ticked the box and it didn't renew! Had to rejoin and so got yet another lovely little badge- I'm up to four!

budgie
08-03-2012, 07:45 AM
Well I ticked the box and it didn't renew! Had to rejoin and so got yet another lovely little badge- I'm up to four!

Been a member for years, rejoined each time and have only had one lovely little badge. Not a clue where it is now either!