PDA

View Full Version : A couple of really nice little projects!

Marie
27-12-2008, 08:51 PM
Okay I know we're not supposed to be using lots of smilies but they are called for. :) Had the worst PMT for 20 years today and my very kind BIL listened to me wailing for half an hour on the phone this morning. My lovely sister called me when she got back from work and has offered to help me out with a couple of things that she knows I'm worried about. So they have been fantastic today and I'm lucky to have them!
But even better, sister reminded me that they have a couple of BIG birthdays coming up this month - my gorgeous nieces have their 18th and 21st birthdays at the end of the month.
WELL CRAFTING HEAVEN!! :D I am going to have such a lot of fun making their cards! I'll probably do about half a dozen that won't be good enough, but this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to do a couple of special cards for my only nieces.
Also, I sent my sister the first Christmas card that I ever made and she said she thought it was really good! And she's the arty one in the family.
Anyway I'm sure I'll have loads of trauma making these cards (watch out for more of Marie's melodramas!) but when I've done them, I'll put piccies of them here along with the piccies of my Christmas card.
right, where did I put those stamps......;)

Wellington
27-12-2008, 10:18 PM
Oooooo lovely :) Hope you have lots of fun planning & making those cards Marie...

Marie
27-12-2008, 11:21 PM
well I'm thinking of using one of Glenda's Harlequin Rose stamps for one and the gorgeous image of the lady (looks like a fairy queen or a flower princess) from the Graphicus Guild stamp back in November on the other. But I have to laugh as although I managed to do 2 decent Christmas cards using a nice tree stamp, I had to do about 10 copies to get it right! I suspect that there will be quite a few attempts with these cards as well, he he!

kriskros
28-12-2008, 02:09 PM
Will the cricut come in useful for your cards aswell? don't forget to show us the results...

Phree
28-12-2008, 03:12 PM
Um I have to disagree about the once in a lifetime opportunity - landmark birthdays to be sure, but I am also sure you will have many many more opportunities to make cards for your nieces on special occasions in their lives. Hope you have lots of fun making cards for them - the harlequin rose stamp is a stunner as is the November Guild stamp so I am sure you will manage to make something lovely for each of them.

Marie
28-12-2008, 03:22 PM
Oh Phree now I've started, there will be lots of cards for our girls! But it isn't often that you have an 18th and a 21st in one family in the same month and as these are my first special occasion cards, I want to enjoy making something that they will love and want to keep.
And yes, Kriskos, I'm sure that the cricut will make an appearance, even if just to cut their names out, lol!

Wellington
28-12-2008, 08:44 PM
[QUOTE=Marie;19788
And yes, Kriskos, I'm sure that the cricut will make an appearance, even if just to cut their names out, lol![/QUOTE]

...see, this is why I like the idea of the cricut - not particularly fussed on the images (like the Disney characters) but instead of having to faff about with stickers to personalise a card, you can do a lovely die cut name (with a shadow IIRC). In sparkly paper...Oooooo...:D

Marie
28-12-2008, 10:05 PM
Yes I'm sure that there will be some glitter paper or at the very least some mirri board letters! I've got some gorgeous pink and purple mirri board that I got for half price on the last C&C craft weekend and like most young women, pink and purple are their favourite colours.
Anyway I'm going to have a lot of fun experimenting, I think I'm almost looking forward to their birthdays more than they are!!

Wellington
02-01-2009, 10:17 PM
Ah ha! I've now seen the Harlequin Rose plate & have decided I must have it yesterday! It's a beauty :)

Marie
02-01-2009, 11:36 PM
You're right Wellie, it is a gorgeous plate and the biggest design comes out beautifully, it is really fabulous.