PDA

View Full Version : new 4 day deal Tuesday 30th Dec

maisie*daisy
29-12-2008, 04:03 PM
http://www.createandcraft.tv/Paper_Mechanics_Kit_143476.aspx

looks like a Michelle kit,could be wrong.Too expensive for me though I like the idea of some possible new moving cards

maisie*daisy
29-12-2008, 04:06 PM
http://www.createandcraft.tv/New_Pack_Of_3_Craft_Scissors_129826.aspx?

just noticed these on the show at a new higher price. Wonder if they will still rave about them now?

Chess
29-12-2008, 06:50 PM
That's a shocker of an increase!!!!!! I was watching a Season's Greetings recording recently - the one where La Weightman wittered for TWENTY minutes about the set (she actually demo'ed then, though, by cutting paper!!!) - and they were £6.99. I got my set when they were £4.99 - and yes, they're exactly the same.

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
29-12-2008, 07:33 PM
that is a different 4 day deal but the shocker of those scissors going up that much is woah!!

crafty anne
29-12-2008, 09:50 PM
looks like a Michelle kit,could be wrong.Too expensive for me though I like the idea of some possible new moving cards

there is nothing new about those cards, they are all available as templates for free on the internet.

lilac froggy Jan
30-12-2008, 12:43 PM
Indeed they are Anne.
I also think it looks like a kit from Michelle.
That scissor price increase if ludicrous!!
I would only want the small pair anyway as I have loads of other scissors of varying sizes. So I can buy a decent pair elsewhere for half that price.

The other day I made an order from M&S. Used to be free delivery when you spent £30 and over. Now they knock off the extra 2.5% VAT at the checkout and charge £3.50 delivery on all orders. Trying to get a bit back by charging for delivery.
And it's clear many sites haven't even bothered knocking the extra VAT off at all.

Lioness
30-12-2008, 01:11 PM
I would only want the small pair anyway as I have loads of other scissors of varying sizes......

I bought a small pair of craft scissors from Tesco which look very much like the smallest pair in the IW set. I think that they were a couple of pounds or so. It was in their craft section

lilac froggy Jan
31-12-2008, 10:57 AM
Probably just as good or even better too lioness.

lilac froggy Jan
31-12-2008, 11:00 AM
The 4 day day deal looks overpriced even at the 'reduced' price to me.
I don't buy kits anyway, but I wouldn't even be interested in the cd on it's own.
I wish Steph would stop saying about taking your crafting to another level. It gets a bit much after the first dozen times in one show LOL

crafty anne
31-12-2008, 11:04 AM
I must admit I very rarely watch the Marsdens as I don't really like Michelle, but I did pop on to have a look as I have just got another email from Ideal World. I'm not interested in buying, far too expensive and I feel that she has just ripped off every other demonstrator on C&C, I've seen those projects done by others. Also I am sure that some of those patterns in the kit are exactly the same as some stuff I have from Kanban. I have an invertage kit the floral one and the cards that go with it has the same pattern on as some of those Red Hot Bed die cut things. Are Kanban now doing stuff for Red Hot Bed too, or have Red Hot Bed been naughty?

Marie
31-12-2008, 11:31 AM
I just get teh sense with MM that it's all about bigger and more complicated things, you know the A4 cards and the invertage, pyramage and now this "mechanics" kit. I guess I like to think that there a little bit of artistic involvement with cards and things as opposed to the newest folding technique. These little "books" she makes are just loads of cards stuck together or like the "mechanics", nothing more than lots of bits of paper with different shaped holes stuck together in a long row. I don't see anything particularly artistic or even crafty in these things, they are literally cut out and paste, which I did last when I was 8 years old.
Not that I'm knocking these kits, I know that an awful lot of people must like them, but to show a few cards stuck together as a book and talk about it as though it's some amazing new invention just doesn't do it for me.

crafty anne
31-12-2008, 12:25 PM
I have to agree with some of what you say Marie. I don't see the point of buying this kit where it is all just pop out and stick down, there really isn't anything to do that would make your end project look different from anyone elses. I am a fan of the die cut decoupage kits because I do think they are very handy to have and at least you can make them look different. MM's kits never seems to have anything really creative about them "it's all done for you" as she loves to say. She doesn't give us interesting little tips or ideas that I can use as inspiration either. In fact all she seems to do is use other people's ideas and just make them bigger, gets them die cut and "hot foils" them. She must spend ages watching Ideal World!

Dips
31-12-2008, 01:01 PM
I see that they've now reduced the p&p (which was absolutely ridiculous at £5.90) and I note that we don't appear to have had any stock updates, so my guess is that this kit is dying on its feet and will be appearing in an extravaganza show in the not too distant future!

Also, did you see the P&P being charged on the other items last night - £4.90 on a set of peel-off stickers - they must be mad! There are a lot of retailers out there at the moment struggling to survive and they have my every sympathy - but Ideal World seems to go out of its way to bring misfortune to itself.

maisie*daisy
31-12-2008, 05:23 PM
If the kit had been £20ish £17 with club discount I would have bought it. I do like Michelles stuff .The little and large kit cards sold really well.. Michelle originally worked for Kanban then went to work for Red Hot bed .thats what she told us at the workshop we went to. I think everyone is just following everyone else at the minute. Everyone is bringing out rubber stamps now,or so its seems if you look in the craft mags,one new range after another. Oh Take That are on TOTP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

crafty anne
31-12-2008, 06:05 PM
Just had a peek before starting the festivities tonight - Stephanie or Nigel said that almost 25% of the stock of the four day deal had gone, so it looks like it will definitely be in the extravaganzas over the next few week.

MM previously working for Kanban explains a lot and why Red Hot Bed always look like a poor copy of them, copy being the operative word. She must have pinched those designs that are on their invertage kit and, yes I agree. MM certainly follows everybody else!

Tolly
01-01-2009, 02:15 PM
Can someone please explain to me why anyone would send someone that "never ending book/card thing"? If I opened a card N saw that I'd throw it away!

Why does she always assume that the recipient will know how to "operate" these monstrosities she creates?!

Wellington
01-01-2009, 08:36 PM
http://www.createandcraft.tv/New_Pack_Of_3_Craft_Scissors_129826.aspx?

just noticed these on the show at a new higher price. Wonder if they will still rave about them now?

That's the set of scissors that MIL's hubby just gave me for Christmas - what a stupid price hike! They were good value at the previous price, as was the original set that I got, which was more like £4.99 IIRC :confused:

I haven't seen the latest 4DD - just not caught any of the shows. As I've said before though, I don't mind MM & used to quite like some of her card designs, but I'm not so sure about these multi gate fold things & the like that she does now. The one that gets me is the star card with the folded 'exploding' pockets within each section, way OTT IMHO & I just can't imagine what you'd do with one if you recieved one. I like the exploding pocket card as a single section in an A5 card cos I can imagine putting confetti/sequins & money in it or some such - but five pockets all at once?

Dips
02-01-2009, 07:56 AM
MM is clearly someone who doesn't think that less is more, lol! Also, did anyone here Stephanie say that prices would be going up due to the exchange rate - if so, CAC are in for a bumpy ride! I think their style is generally cheap and cheerful (certainly the bits that tend to make it to a POD or similar, and are then discounted). I think that they have the mistaken belief that they have every right to charge the same for a POD as QVC does for a TSV, but it is like Chalk and Cheese - it would be like Woolies thinking that it could charge the same as M&S. QVC sells branded craft items that are excellent quality, CAC on the other hand.......