PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Scrappers

morgana123
11-03-2012, 08:24 AM
Yes I know its still the selling bit at the beginning of the programme, we are only 16 minutes into the two hours but I thought the title was Sunday SCRAPPERS. Yes there are a few scrapbook pages on display but so far when they have shown anything they have been showing cards made with the products and selling card blanks. Really this should be yet another Kanban two hours because that is basically what it is.

Come on Create and Craft - you asked what we wanted, we said scrapbooking and you said you had listened. But really all you are doing is trying to flog us products that havent sold for cardmaking (Kanban Black and Ivory - need I say more). There are lots of wonderful scrapbook products out there from companies who put everything together for SCRAPBOOKING surprisingly enough.

Maybe I was naive but I assumed when you said we were having dedicated scrapbook shows that you would be bringing new scrapbook products for us,

irislili
11-03-2012, 08:33 AM
Silly you Morgana for thinking that a show called Sunday Scrappers would be about scrapbooking :cheeky:

sam
11-03-2012, 08:47 AM
It would be much better if the shows were presented by a dedicated Scrapbooker - Rosemary Merry? Not people we associate with cardmaking!

LadyKatkin
11-03-2012, 08:48 AM
Thanks, Morgana. I thought it was just me.
I managed to grab a few minutes whilst my little one was getting dressed and saw the card. I'm not an expert scrapper by any means, but I keep wondering why they are flogging A4 card for scrapping? The 20 sheets of A4 that was 'really 40 sheets' as you can cut it in half! And the pack of A4 card that retails at over £40, but you can get it today for £13.49 (club price). As you say, why would I want it? You can't use any of what I saw for scrapping.
I have been thinking for a while that these so-called scrapping shows are just two hour Kanban specials. Every single one I have caught has been Kanban.
I think Kanban has a place; it just isn't in my house. It's ok. It's expensive. It's all done for you. It's for cards.
Actually, I'm quite cross now, because my tv time is restricted, and if I get a look-in, see it's a 'scrapping' show, I get all excited and then....disappointment. More crashing disappointment.
Perhaps we should clarify what scrappers would like
12 x 12 papers
I'll repeat that, in case anyone from C&C is reading this (like they would!)
12" x 12" papers
12 x 12 cardstock
Ribbons
Co-ordinating stickers
Embellishments - chipboard, flowers, gems...we're flexible
Appropriate glues - ATGs would be good, and refills, photo glue, that kind of thing
Books would be good, too
Tools - rulers, knives, decorative scissors/blades, guillotines, sharp non-stick scissors
Oh, and albums!!
That's to start with. How about C&C photo developing, too! Aldi do it!!
I'm sure other things will pop into my mind.
Oh, and some company other than Kanban please!!!
Nothing personal, but when I think of scrapping, I just don't immediately think Kanban! They might like to think they can sell to scrappers, but they haven't even begun to get it right yet. Or, perhaps they could start supplying 12 x 12 papers, and then we'll be a lot happier. In completely and utterly different styles. If I see much more of that shiny wallpaper that tv is going off, and staying off.
Grumble...grumble...off to put face on now...may be nicer when I've got me make-up on!
K x

sam
11-03-2012, 09:52 AM
I've got it on in the background and they seem to be devoting a fair amount of time to cardmaking!

Fenpeper
11-03-2012, 10:07 AM
I only saw the last 20 minutes (I was asleep!!!) so assume I saw most of the scrapping! xx :smirk:

lee
11-03-2012, 11:37 AM
Maybe have it about scrapbook and journaling and art journaling?

craftycat
11-03-2012, 11:45 AM
I gave up bothering to watch some weeks back. I really see myself as a beginner with scrapbooking. More than happy with the results I get but could do with some inspiration on the level Barbar Grey and Sheena bring to cardmaking.

Even as a beginner I am aware that working on an area 12"x12" is very different from working on an A5 or A6 card. So, explaining layouts PROPERLY would be a step forward. That would naturally lead on to what is needed in terms of tools and materials.

Or am I being naive

Oh dear, guess who is in a strop!!!!!!!

Teacherspet
11-03-2012, 01:26 PM
I watched a large part of it (but not all) and yes they did make a couple of cards in the bit I saw, but I did see her make 3 scrapbook pages (although I missed the first one they did) and they were selling the Kanban brick of 12 x 12 cardstock on the show.
It has just been on again in the Kanban 2.00 show the brick of 12 x 12 cardstock along with a 'brick' of 8 x 8 linen finish cardstock.
Dawn did also mention why she had chosen certain things and picked out the colours to fit her theme and my only criticism was the lack of a proper title - in years to come if you didn't know the names of the individuals you have no idea who they were and in the case of the boy with the fish he'd caught there was no weight of the fish - something that my angler brother would say was very important.

Muffintop
11-03-2012, 02:23 PM
I've got the Kanban 12 x 12 brick and it's really good quality. I've just ordered another brick to take advantage of the discounted postage.

craftycat
11-03-2012, 02:37 PM
Why is it that whenever I turn on C&C they are selling stuff and not doing demonstrations. At least when Barbara, Sheena or Ali are around we are sure of being shown two or three demos during an hour. I don't mind sitting through the dross then!

kaz
11-03-2012, 02:45 PM
I'm glad there is a show dedicated to scrapbooking but I think it is now time that they had 'proper' scrapbookers to demonstrate like Rosemary and Mel.

I think they included card making to broaden the appeal of the show but I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a show about scrapbooking to be ..... er .... about scrapbooking - it is only 2 hours once a fortnight.

I've yet to buy anything from any of the shows although I have added to my scrapbook stash from elswhere. I appreciate new scrappers need to know the basics but there should also be something for more experienced scrappers too.

JanTheNan
11-03-2012, 03:18 PM
Mel is going to do one/some but I can't remember when she said.

ChelseaGirl
11-03-2012, 04:30 PM
I love scrapbooking and would really love to see a show by an expert scrapper/teacher. I'm sorry but my thoughts on this are that Dawn from Kanban has only been doing page layouts for a couple of months, 'Sunday Scrappers' (which is a good title) should be all about scrapbooking and demoing page layout ideas, hints and tips, from someone renound in the industry. Rosemary would be ideal for this, she has the credentials.

craftjune
11-03-2012, 05:12 PM
I have to agree with you all. I am really new to scrap books and love Mels enthusiasm. This lady I think her name is Dawn wasn't very good. She was distressing a piece of paper but she had already put double sided tape on the back and when she distressed it the shape of the tape came out on the front. It looked ridiculous. As someone else said there was no information and the pictures of the boy with the fish told you nothing about the moment. Even the page with her dad on it told you nothing.
Come on C & C pull your socks up. If you want our money you are going to have to earn it.

budgie
11-03-2012, 05:22 PM
I think Mel said she would be on some time in April.

Georgiegirl2012
11-03-2012, 05:24 PM
Well, I've recorded the previous shows, and I thought the first few, although very basic weren't too bad for novices such as myself. And a Kanban one that Wendy Rhodes did had 12x12 with an added bit on them. And then they had, possibly papermania/do crafts one with a few albums. But I didn't bother to record today's and as I was on my way to the shower I heard Martyn say something along the lines of "I know it's called Sunday Scrappers but it's about cardmaking too". And when I came back, about 10 mins into hour 2, they were making a card.

I did see a bit of scrapping, but wasn't impressed when Dawn laughed at Martyn's attempt and told him he was doing it wrong.

I read on the Bramwell blog recently that Mel was dealing with some personal stuff at the moment, so she may not be about for a bit. It could be that C&C are not able to present what was originally planned although I heard Mel was doing some in April. I hope whatever it is that she's dealing with is resolved soon and that all is ok. She is missed on our screens.

EDITED TO ADD
I don't want to upset Dawn if she is reading, and I do think she is lovely and a very talented crafter, I, as well as others, just want a bit more inspiration on a Sunday morning. We are spoiled by the likes of Barbara Gray.

RozMinis
11-03-2012, 05:38 PM
I keep asking this - but what happened to Dawn Bibby getting the nation scrapbooking? If she is/was soooo keen, then why the flip isn't she flogging scrapbooking products? Who knows, if she plays her cards right then even I might have a go.

Actually I am serious, we are going on a five day jaunt later this year which includes a Welsh train ride, and also a trip on a horse drawn canal barge. To my mind that is as good a reason as any to create a scrapbook. Of course ribbon, gems, and stuff like that would be a no no, but no matter, we are talking me scrapbooking here. I have done a scrapbook in the past, but there was a dire lack of ribbons and gems in that too. They didn't seem to be appropriate somehow, even on the three wedding pages.

Roz

narilla
11-03-2012, 05:43 PM
Dawn B is flogging scrapbook stuff (all that lovely Kaisercraft:heart: for example) ... trouble is, 90% of what I have seen her do with it is make b****y cards!!

RozMinis
11-03-2012, 06:01 PM
The trouble with DB is that she tends to be on during the afternoon when our telly is otherwise engaged. Failing that it is Paper Clinic on a Monday when I am otherwise engaged! ;) I dare say I will probably muddle through with what I have later in the year. After all, all one needs is paper/card that is the same size as the scrapbook, photos and sticky stuff, and a few other bits and bobs. Oh must remember to borrow back the alphabet dies found a new home elsewhere as I didn't use 'em, though I dare say I could use my Craft Robo to cut out what I want. :) Just need to know when I will be able to go on my jollies now. :)

Roz

debo
11-03-2012, 06:10 PM
I'm pinning all of my hopes on Mel's shows in April!

She IS a scrapper and I heard her say that she's got LOADS of ideas for the scrapping shows - so, C&C, let HER do them! I'm sure she'll be able to nurture the newbies AND expand on the experienced scrappers knowledge, she's very good like that I have found. I think it's a complete waste of time getting a non-scrapper to demo on these shows - especially when there are talented experts around (like Mel and, of course, Rosemary Merry!) Come on C&C! Put talented experts on and then you won't need a 'Craft Ambassador' (like AT) to spread the word, your existing viewers would do it for you!

sam
11-03-2012, 06:33 PM
I think it was Dean that said to Dawn Bibby on one of her shows that she should do a Sunday Scrappers but Dawn said "I don't work on Sundays".

SueC
11-03-2012, 10:09 PM
When are C&C going to notice that they have the best 'Scrappers' weapons under their noses - MEL HEATON and BO BUNNY.

LoobyLou
12-03-2012, 06:13 AM
I think it was Dean that said to Dawn Bibby on one of her shows that she should do a Sunday Scrappers but Dawn said "I don't work on Sundays".

Just about says it all really! Miss joins last becomes most important presenter doesn't work Sundays!

jube
12-03-2012, 08:06 AM
I have been looking on Mels blog page and hoping I am not speaking out of turn but she is having personal problems so don't know when she will be back on our screen. She is a crafting inspiration and jusit want to say I am thinking of her.