PDA

View Full Version : Stitch with Mandy Shaw

Georgiegirl2012
16-03-2012, 06:52 AM
oooh - excited much. For those of you who don't know Mandy, she is a quilter, and was on the first series of Kirstie Allsopp's crafting shows when she taught her how to make a quilt. I think she has also been on showing her other quilty related things. Whilst she is a very talented quilter, much of the stuff she has in her books, are natty little things like stufffed birds and bunting and stitchery type wall hangings.

I will be out at my quilting goup when she does what I presume to be her first show at 2.00pm on Saturday 17 March, but I will record it. There are no products showing at the moment on the TV schedule, but I would like to think they will have at least a couple of her books, and some kits, and they give her the opportunity to do a bit of a demo or two

EDIT - and just noticed there is a quilting with TruCut show on Sunday morning and a Creative with Simplicity show later on in the day.

craftycat
16-03-2012, 08:06 AM
Love Mandy Shaw. Similar to Tilda in what she designs. Really must get round to buying some of her stuff as it would go well with all my shabby chic decor.

Granny Penny
16-03-2012, 08:18 AM
I don't quilt (well not yet) but I am so grateful for any sewing programmes so I will watch this avidly.

craftycat
16-03-2012, 11:04 AM
Mandy does a whole lot more than quilting Granny Penny so you may well find yourself keen to try something

Muffintop
17-03-2012, 11:02 AM
I saw this and have bookmarked it, didn't realise it was quilting. Yay!

Thanks for the heads up.

Marie
17-03-2012, 03:24 PM
Lovely show today - actually good practical projects with step by steps designs from a real sewer! Can't wait to see some of her quilting stuff!

MORE PLEASE C&C!

craftycat
17-03-2012, 04:18 PM
Only watched the first half hour or so. erm, important day for Welsh rugby got in the way of crafting!

I knew she would bring some lovely things but it is the first time I have seen her demonstrate anything. Really good for needleworkers of all levels. I'm fairly knowledgeable about stitching but I picked up a couple of good tips.

Yes, more of the same please C&C

Georgiegirl2012
17-03-2012, 08:15 PM
well after all that I forgot to record it. But I can now "officially" blame my befuddled fibro fog memory (getting diagnosed might not be good for many things, but forgetting things has surely got to be one of them)