PDA

View Full Version : MCS Elite Quintessential Country Garden

jr77
18-04-2012, 04:22 PM
I've just loaded my copy this afternoon and had a play. I think this CD is stunning - I have a feeling it will be one of my favourites - the colour palette is just my thing. Just had a quick play and designed this - a 'virtual' cover for a scrapbook or notebook- just for fun. I thought people who hadn't got a copy might be interested to see it to get an idea of the style of the disk. The new software is definately an improvement but I haven't got to grips with the drawing tool yet.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5469/7090705863_4347dba9cc_n.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/fromjanetr77/7090705863/)
faux scrapbook (http://www.flickr.com/photos/fromjanetr77/7090705863/) by JR77 Janet (http://www.flickr.com/people/fromjanetr77/), on Flickr

northern crafter
18-04-2012, 04:27 PM
lovely Janet, l have mine still playing around with the cds well worth the money

nc

agelesscraft
18-04-2012, 04:44 PM
Have not even loaded mine yet been too busy try to load soon but everyone seems to like

jr77
18-04-2012, 04:54 PM
Yes I wanted to wait until I had some clear time and a clear head but although I very carefully backed everything up it was all very straightforward. I took time to finish off all my half finished projects in MCS pro first and I'm glad I did. I can access them ok but had a problem ungrouping on a couple I've tried but otherwise it seems ok. I guess it just hasn't saved the 'undo' history or something.

Shepherdess
18-04-2012, 05:42 PM
That's really pretty Janet, I'm beginning to wish I'd ordered it now, I downloaded the free pages they gave away and didn't really like them so didn't order on the basis of that, it seems that there are much prettier papers on the cd than the ones they gave away, you would have thought they would have given away some of the prettier papers if they were trying to encourage you to buy.

eyeful
18-04-2012, 05:45 PM
that's lovely JR x and I agree Shepherdess that's just what I thought, but am on an economy drive anyway, if any crafter can say that and stick to it x

kaz
18-04-2012, 05:48 PM
Lovely page JR. I have this cd and have already posted that it is possibly my favourite craft cd. I like everything about it - backgrounds, images, digistamps, all lovely.

Teacherspet
18-04-2012, 05:57 PM
That's really pretty Janet, I'm beginning to wish I'd ordered it now, I downloaded the free pages they gave away and didn't really like them so didn't order on the basis of that, it seems that there are much prettier papers on the cd than the ones they gave away, you would have thought they would have given away some of the prettier papers if they were trying to encourage you to buy.

My thoughts exactly.

pyjama princess
18-04-2012, 09:02 PM

There's loads of the cds for sale on eBay if you still want it.

Teacherspet
18-04-2012, 10:14 PM
There's loads of the cds for sale on eBay if you still want it.

The thing is they seem to be people who bought the TSV loaded the cds onto their computers and are selling the discs on, and one that I looked at said she'd only used it once to load it onto her external hard drive.

I'm sure that legally it could be argued that the licence to use the materials on a cd is granted to the owner of said cd. I just hope that they don't live to regret this course of action because if they ever damage their storage devices or they fail for some reason, they will not be able to reload them and I'm sure there are people who would say it serves them right.
But I won't knowingly put money in their pockets as they are cheating the companies involved. I'll wait and maybe buy it direct.

Sorry for the rant but I have very strong views about this sort of practice.

craftycat
19-04-2012, 06:46 AM
I agree with you Janet. In my very early days of computer crafting/internetting I bought a complicated knitting pattern CD on ebay. When it arrived it was obvious that the whole thing had just been scanned from the original in a knitting magazine, very badly I might add.

It was the only way I could get hold of this particular pattern and I managed to knit the doll (with difficulty because of CD quality).It was at this point that I realised that what the woman had done was probably illegal.

When there have been discussions on here about Angel policies someone (in real life) said that nobody would know if I did exceed the limit but that is beside the point. In my case, where there are limits on number of cards that can be produced I accept the decision of the production group but tend not to buy

Oops, another rant but laws are laws. There are ways of trying to change them but breaking them is not the way to go.

jr77
19-04-2012, 07:38 AM
It's quite simply theft and knowingly breaking the law. The license agreement is just that a license to use the content under certain conditions. MCS are very generous and allow people to resell the CD's provided they remove he content from their machine first. There were copies on Ebay the day after the TSV had aired. Some of the people may have just wanted the papers and therefore were selling the CD on but the first sellers on EBay had nicked the photo's off the QVC website too - so no respect for anyone's copyright. Just because digital content is easy to steal doesn't mean you should. If those same crafters left their window open and I was walking past and reached in and helped myself to their craft goodies they wouldn't be happy and this is the same thing. In the end we all end up paying either through higher prices or, because the craft industry is quite a small market, b losing products/suppliers we love because they are forced out of business. Sorry rant over but it annoys me!

budgie
19-04-2012, 07:49 AM
It annoys me too. I don't blame anyone selling a cd that they don't like, but it really annoys me when they keep the contents on their computer and sell the cd on ebay. These people who had the cds on ebay before they even received them obviously had not had the time to see if they liked the cd when they arrived, and they didn't care either. Plain theft in my opinion.

Buying cds is a bit of a gamble. You can't send them back if you have opened the seal, but you can't see what is on it until you do. So I don't blame anyone for selling them on if they don't like it when they see it. Also, as with anything else, I see nothing wrong with selling them on if you no longer use them, provided you don't keep a copy on your computer.

Dax
19-04-2012, 07:18 PM
It annoys me too. I don't blame anyone selling a cd that they don't like, but it really annoys me when they keep the contents on their computer and sell the cd on ebay. These people who had the cds on ebay before they even received them obviously had not had the time to see if they liked the cd when they arrived, and they didn't care either. Plain theft in my opinion.

Buying cds is a bit of a gamble. You can't send them back if you have opened the seal, but you can't see what is on it until you do. So I don't blame anyone for selling them on if they don't like it when they see it. Also, as with anything else, I see nothing wrong with selling them on if you no longer use them, provided you don't keep a copy on your computer.

How do we know the genuine sellers from the others? I have bought the Elite Garden CDs from Ebay (waiting for them to arrive) as when it was on QVC I did not want the papers etc that were in the bundle. Could be some of the sellers wanted the papers etc., but decided the CDs were not for them.

Shepherdess
19-04-2012, 08:57 PM
I've just had a look on ebay and it's shocking how most of them quite openly say they have only been used once to download onto their computer.

budgie
19-04-2012, 08:58 PM
They are now available direct from crafting.co.uk