PDA

View Full Version : Art Nouveau Stamps

timberhill
11-01-2009, 07:26 PM
Does anyone know anywhere else you can buy the art nouveau stamps that were on IW this afteroon please?

Thanks

DianaDreads
11-01-2009, 08:22 PM
I should imagine they'll turn up on Stephanie's website soon enough though c&c get an exclusive on her stuff for a while
www.craftingdirect.com
I may be completely wrong though :D

timberhill
12-01-2009, 12:51 AM
I should imagine they'll turn up on Stephanie's website soon enough though c&c get an exclusive on her stuff for a while
www.craftingdirect.com
I may be completely wrong though :D

Thank you. I'll keep an eye on her site

Phree
12-01-2009, 06:13 AM
hi timberhill, I would recommend shopping around for stamps in the Art Nouveau style. There are lots of stamp manufacturers out there who make stamps like that. My concern over the ones on Create and Craft is the fact they are Acrylic and not Photopolymer. From what I have read it appears that the clear acrylic stamps are not that durable. Their ability to self cling over time seems to be in question.

Additionally I thought the stamps expensive. I based this on the fact that the sheets were priced just a few pence under £15 for an A5 size sheet and compared that to the fact that an A4 sheet of unmounted rubber stamps from Glenda Waterworth is only £19.99. As a rule I tend to expect to pay more for rubber than for clear stamps, particularly when they are not photopolymer.

You might want to take a look at these stamps from Tanda, you have the choice to buy in either Rubber or Clear Photopolymer if you prefer clear stamps. There are lots of Mucha, Klimt etc inspired images.

http://www.tandastamps.com/shop/single-stamps-art-nouveaudeco-c-140_141_144.html

You also have the option to buy in sets, or to buy singly.

timberhill
15-01-2009, 10:20 AM
Now Phree I'm not sure whether to thank you or not!:D

The stamps may have been a bit expensive from Ideal world but I fear now you've introduced me to Tanda stamps they may in effect be much more expensive!!!
I've fallen in love with rather a lot of stamps there!

Thanks so much ( I think :eek:) for the link.
I'm trying to cut my shopping list as I type