PDA

View Full Version : May swap?

angela
08-05-2012, 04:12 PM
Hi are we having a May swap? only asking as I'm on a mish to be ahead lol, thanks

Little Jan
08-05-2012, 07:06 PM
Already replied to this in another thread, I expect there will be a May swap but I know Joan is busy at the moment so the theme might be a bit later this month.

angela
09-05-2012, 05:18 PM
ok ta Jan, sorry didn't know it had been asked x

Comfrey
09-05-2012, 05:49 PM
Could someone please explain how this works. I've tried searching but I cant find anything. Thanks :)

Wellington
09-05-2012, 06:22 PM
Could someone please explain how this works. I've tried searching but I cant find anything. Thanks :)

Hi Comfrey :hi: (just realised I hadn't said hellooo to you yet!)

I could have sworn we had a sticky for this somewhere but I'm beggered if I can find it right now so just easier to tell you LOL

One of our long term members, Rainbowand usually organises the regular monthly swap: she usually turns up sooner or later. Basically, RW comes up with a couple of themes for the swap & you add your name to the thread if you want to join in. There's no obligation thereafter, it's just for that single swap.

Once say a week or so has passed, RW will post up a new thread with a list of swapees, you send your card/creation to the person below you (PM them for their address), preferably by the end of that month, but no-one kills you for being slow, it's not a hard & fast deadline, although we find it polite to maybe PM the recipient if there's a drastic delay. The recipient will then post up a picture on a further communal thread

There are other swaps that go on too - Angie has a tag swap from time to time which operates more along the lines of an ATC swap (which we've also had from time to time!) where you make 3 tags & send them to Angie with an SAE & she sends 3 back from the selection sent to her.

There are also one off swaps - like Valentines, Christmas in July, Christmas at Christmas, Easter, Halloween...Again whoever is organising will open a thread asking for swapees to sign up to. Some of the one off swaps are anonymous with a guessing game as to who made which card, sometimes with a little prize to the person who gets the most correct guesses after the makers have been revealed.

The other swaps you may notice are the Birthday ones - IIRC there are 4 lists running from different dates in the year. These require a little more in the way of a commitment though as they run for 12months & you agree to send a birthday card to each member of your list, usually between 10-15 people over the 12months. These lists are opened up by the organisers as the 12month period comes to an end & people drop out of the list

HTH :happy:

Also hope that as I've typed all this someone else hasn't beaten me to it by typing faster (& less words LOL)

Comfrey
09-05-2012, 06:32 PM
Thank you Wellington, I *think* I've got the gist of it LOL. Sounds like a lovely idea :)

Millburn
09-05-2012, 07:02 PM
Comfrey; join in and if you need help shout and we will happily help, oh and don't be frightened to join in, we are a nice crowd and the swaps do help us all expand our abilites styles

Comfrey
09-05-2012, 07:05 PM
Comfrey; join in and if you need help shout and we will happily help, oh and don't be frightened to join in, we are a nice crowd and the swaps do help us all expand our abilites styles
oh I dont know. I'm not as good as most of you here and I'd be embarrassed to send anyone my cr*p. I love doing my crafting and it keeps me sane, but I'm not naturally talented and I'm an awful perfectionist too :mysmilie_516:

Millburn
09-05-2012, 07:07 PM
Comfrey we all started somewhere, and 1 big bonus about sending and recieveing cards from other card makers is that we appreciate the time and care put into our cards

Little Jan
11-05-2012, 10:00 AM
I agree we all started out somewhere, and its the taking part that counts, it is always a pleasure to receive a hand made card, no matter if its from a well oiled crafter or a newbie.

morgana123
11-05-2012, 06:49 PM
I did my first swop erlier this year comfrey and loved it. The big bonus for me is that I hardly ever get a hand made card, the family all buy mine and my crafty friend tears her hair out at the thought of making me one in case I dont like it. And as I said why wouldnt I love it because at then end of the day when someone has taken the time and the effort to think of you and make you something unique and personal then you would have to be a pretty ungrateful so and so not to love and appreciate what you receive.

Thanks for the info regarding the monthly swop wellington - I think I will give this a go but if will have to be in July - got a busy couple of months what with Open Uni essays and exams, my 50th in June and son in law going in the army the day after that. So must remember to remember to sign up in July lol.