PDA

View Full Version : Serif Help Please

Karriepie
08-05-2012, 07:22 PM
Been playing trying to get to grips with the craft artist pro and got a liitle problem which I can't work out! I need to print out a design on a piece of card DL in size and landscape. I opened the DL card but couldn't get it to go from portrait to landscape. Then I tried the custom button but when I selected landscape with the width and height at 8" x 4" the page size was more like a big square! Also last week I used some images from MCS by clicking on photo and then locating the file to bring in the design but when I tried to do the same thing today I clicked photo then the MCS file and it came up with no images can be found! Totally confused me! I saved one project using MCS images so can't understand why it's doing this? I am very new to Serif though, so am probably being very dense, but would really appreciate any help here from someone more digi experienced.

kriskros
08-05-2012, 08:27 PM
I am having trouble with trying to print out too, it doesnt seem to fit the card when doing a card template. Also is it my printer because the photo's do not seem to print anything like a normal print of a photo. Sorry this isn't helping you with your query, but someone might be able to help both of us.

jenty
08-05-2012, 09:13 PM
I haven't done a lot on it yet, but if you scroll further down on the blank projects section, you can choose DL folded which is landscape. Is this what you are looking for?

Karriepie
08-05-2012, 10:39 PM
Oh Good Grief what is up with me? I must have scrolled up and down that section loads of times and completely missed it!!! Now the only problem is not being able to open my MCS designs. Still comes up with "no items match your search" when I click on the file.

Kate's Cards
09-05-2012, 10:13 AM
To use your MCS images you need to find from the drop down lists top left (think it maybe tools) and find create a digikit. You click on the bottom right import an image or file(if you choose this you can import the whole shebang). You then move the items into the various parts of the digikit creator on the left as they all come into embellishments. If you don't want a particular image click the little remove button. If you go on "help" "Digi kit creator" it will explain it far better than me!! It's very easy and I have only been using CA for about six weeks. You can also import images from other craft cd's if they are Jpegs and if not there is a thread somewhere about how to make a pdf image into a jpeg. If you can't find it I think it would be in CD crafting and under Joanna sheen cd's. Good luck and let me know how you get on.
Kate

Karriepie
09-05-2012, 11:19 AM
Located the MCS file got as far as the list of files for that particular cd but when when I clicked on each file backgrounds, corners, borders, etc., it came up with" no items match your search" the cd I want to use is the mcs flourishes one and it let me bring in a background last week but now I'm only getting the above message! Tried some of the others with mixed results, some would open others wouldn't! Very odd! Tried via digikit creator and using the photo tab at the top but get the same result!

Karriepie
09-05-2012, 12:43 PM
Oh it just gets worse guess what? I contacted tech support and all I had to do was click to all pictures instead of jpgs on the scroll down search button!! How stupid did I feel? Funny thing is, the guy who helped me didn't make me think I wasn't either lol!!!
To use your MCS images you need to find from the drop down lists top left (think it maybe tools) and find create a digikit. You click on the bottom right import an image or file(if you choose this you can import the whole shebang). You then move the items into the various parts of the digikit creator on the left as they all come into embellishments. If you don't want a particular image click the little remove button. If you go on "help" "Digi kit creator" it will explain it far better than me!! It's very easy and I have only been using CA for about six weeks. You can also import images from other craft cd's if they are Jpegs and if not there is a thread somewhere about how to make a pdf image into a jpeg. If you can't find it I think it would be in CD crafting and under Joanna sheen cd's. Good luck and let me know how you get on.
Kate

Kate's Cards
09-05-2012, 02:57 PM
Glad you have it sorted. The help files or manual are very easy to follow aren't they?

Karriepie
09-05-2012, 03:26 PM
There's certainly a lot of info out there but the daisy trail website is confusing when you try to search previous threads to see if your problem has been discussed before. Spent ages trawling through loads of them, the search button takes you to another part of the website! Lots to learn but a great piece of kit to play with.

Carolina Moon
07-06-2012, 04:51 PM
I couldn't get the card templates to work either. It seems to want to print over several pages when I wanted just a square card.

dita
08-06-2012, 12:10 PM
I couldn't get the card templates to work either. It seems to want to print over several pages when I wanted just a square card.

I get round that by either making a custom square card, or if am using their card template I just ask my printer to print 'current' page. The card template gives you a back and a front and the insert. It's nice if you can be bothered to create the back and the insides, but you don't have to.