PDA

View Full Version : Started stitching

Sharon Duncan
17-05-2012, 01:09 PM
After a bit of ooohing and aaaaahing I have successfully charted a beautiful pic of my grandaughter Rachel.

Will post regular updates so you can see it all coming together. Follow the link below to follow the progress.

http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/flicks/preview/8774518

I'm so happy to be stitching again.

x

suban
17-05-2012, 01:25 PM
Well done - see you got a lot done!

How many packets of high lighters will you need? Poundland usually have them cheap!

Seriously - I'm sure it will look beautiful when finished - looking forward to the updates.

craftycat
17-05-2012, 02:25 PM
Well done Sharon.

Sharon Duncan
17-05-2012, 02:32 PM
Well done - see you got a lot done!

I actually got quite a bit more done last night after that photo, will take one before I start again tonight lol

Just got to reprint the chart as two of the symbols are a bit too similar. Ah the joys of designing lol

suban
17-05-2012, 05:07 PM
I often have to photocopy charts on a zoomed size - stops me going cross-eyed! Some charting programmes allow you to do that.

Sharon Duncan
17-05-2012, 05:15 PM
I'm stitching on 14 count but the chart is zoomed to about 8 count lol Makes it easier to colour with the highlighter, well thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

suban
17-05-2012, 05:25 PM
Good for you! 8 count - binca!!!!! Oh how I hated learning herringbone stitch - funny how I quite like it now!

Sharon Duncan
18-05-2012, 03:37 PM

This is where I started from, got quite a bit stitched last night (pic later). Ordered skeins from Sewandso yesterday at about 3pm and they arrived 9am this morning, wooo hoooo.

I've attached a copy of the photo I've converted to stitching.

suban
18-05-2012, 05:21 PM
Good for you!!! Will you be able to stitch all weekend?

Bought some crochet cotton from Purplelinda and am trying to get the piece of work finished before the cotton runs out. That's like knitting where you speed up your knitting before you get to the end of the ball of yarn.

Just because the cotton was in her clearance sale and if I need to buy another ball ............

Granny Penny
18-05-2012, 05:29 PM
I dare not, absolutely dare not go near cross stitch or hand embroidery at the moment as I have so much else to do but I am loving reading all about everyone's new or renewed interest. Clever you Sharon. How lovely to be able to design your own picture - such a memory to have too.

craftycat
18-05-2012, 05:47 PM
I'm not lucky enough to have grandchildren, I am tempted to do a picture of my cats in cross stitch though. Can't think it will be done any time soon!

As the weather was not good enough for me to play in the garden today I decided to have a crafting session. Might just as well not have bothered. I needed to do a couple of experiments and, yep, every single one went wrong. Oops CC has gone off topic again

Impossible Princess
18-05-2012, 08:57 PM
Thanks for sharing, Sharon, will look forward to seeing it take shape. Stitching is a lovely hobby, I haven't done any for ages. Like I always say, unless you've ever tried cross stitch you wouldn't believe how slowly it grows. You can sit at it for hours and only have stitched a little square.. or perhaps that's just me?! :giggle: I'm *painfully* slow at cardmaking, too. Not too bad at beading and knitting (I don't think!), but I don't knit as often as I'd like as I don't know how to put mistakes right and finish up having to unravel the entire project and start from scratch! xx

suban
19-05-2012, 04:36 AM
Well Princess we'll just have to open a knitting clinic here - just don't ask about fair-isle, I tend to knit too tight and the finish looks all bubbly!

Come on Sharon - you can do it!!!! (A bit of encouragement for when you stitch and stitch and it never seems to get anywhere near finished!)

craftycat
19-05-2012, 07:39 AM
Volunteering to help out with fair isle knitting if we ever end up with a knitting clinic. Not quite sure how you would do that online though.

I got very little cross stitching done last night. My little girlie cat decided she wanted to sit on my hands and knead away at my arm. OK, I know I could have told her to get lost but I am far too much of a softie where my cats are concerned.

Janiceb966
19-05-2012, 08:01 AM
Sharon your grand-daughter is gorgeous - what a wee sweetie. I'm looking forward to your stitching updates.

The stitching posts on this forum have inspired me to get a move on with my stitching too - I'm doing Janlynn's Olde World Map for my dad's 70th birthday in November but due to various issues I've not got much done yet. I've got back into it again this week and I'm really enjoying it - not sure I'll get it finished in time but I'll have a damn good try at it!

suban
19-05-2012, 12:08 PM
You'll do it Janice - remember you can stitch at night!!!!

Knitting clinic - post us your questions and we answer (and we won't just plug product!)

Janiceb966
19-05-2012, 03:20 PM
Thanks for the encouragement Suban - I've been doing a wee bit more today. I've taken a pic of it and will try and take a pic every weekend so I can see my progress (if any)

http://s60.photobucket.com/albums/h30/Janiceb1966/Cross%20stitch%20progress/

suban
19-05-2012, 03:26 PM
I love what you've done so far - I'll certainly follow your progress!!!

We'll definitely have to have a "progress/completed" thread.

Sharon Duncan
19-05-2012, 04:51 PM
Good for you!!! Will you be able to stitch all weekend?

I wish lol

Got to get some design work and samples done first. Not really hard work though its card making and its my job and I love it lol

If anyone wants me to have a go at converting a photo for them I'm more than happy to give it a bash.

Sharon Duncan
19-05-2012, 04:58 PM
Stitching update time.

suban
19-05-2012, 06:35 PM
Way to go Sharon - it's really starting to look like a little girl's face! Dying to see the next update.

Impossible Princess
20-05-2012, 12:04 AM
I love what you've done so far - I'll certainly follow your progress!!!

Me too, looking lovely already Janice! xx

Sharon Duncan
20-05-2012, 09:38 AM
I have added a picturetrail gallery to the first post in this thread (pardon the pun lol)

I will add the photos to that so you dont have to keep scrolling through looking for updates.

I'm so loving doing it and to see her little face now showing through.