PDA

View Full Version : 584328 Embossing powders?

Marie
21-01-2009, 06:20 PM
Is this a good kit to get for starting out with embossing? It's on easy pay and it would be a good idea to get lots of colours? Anyone had it before>:)

DianaDreads
21-01-2009, 06:25 PM
Yes, I got the coloured powders off ebay and they are lovely. The pots are quite small but it lasts a long time and the colours are really rich.
I already had some utee (basically the same as the big tub of powder) and it's also very useful.
I can highly recommend this kit :)

Marie
21-01-2009, 06:30 PM
Thanks Diane!! I've just been having a nose round teh web for prices and the QVC price looks quite good! I've got my first embossing class the week after next and wanted to get lots of colours to play with! Getting it on easypay makes it affordable this month as well.

Marie
21-01-2009, 06:34 PM
Presumably the utee is the same sort as Glenda uses with her stampbord for embossing?

DianaDreads
21-01-2009, 06:35 PM
They were on my qvc wishlist for ages but I didn't want to pay that much when I already had some utee so I was lucky to find them on ebay :o

DianaDreads
21-01-2009, 06:37 PM
Yes, Glenda uses utee - I think that's just a name that Ranger have coined but this stuff will do the same.
They haven't shown my text :(

Marie
21-01-2009, 06:51 PM
I've just texted as well Diana, let's keep our eyes open for both of ours! Mabye they'll come out together.
I think the show tonight is great, learning so much. The stuff Dawn was doing with the UTEE is the same as Glenda's videos on YouTube wasn't it?

DianaDreads
21-01-2009, 06:59 PM
Yes it is. Have you seen Tim Holtz's videos on youtube too? I love his grunge style - he has some great examples on timholtz.com then click on his blog.
I'm very tempted by the tree stencil but can't buy anything else for a while now, there's no room for it anyway!
Brilliant show tonight, the best I've seen in a long time.
ps did you see my message about stampbord on the thread you started about it? If you pm me your address I'll pop a bit in the post for you to try.

DianaDreads
21-01-2009, 07:28 PM
Ooh, yours got read out!

Marie
21-01-2009, 07:34 PM
Hi Diana, I've just PMd you with my address when you've got a bit of stampbord to spare thank you!
I've seen teh TimHolt videos as well, not sure it;s my style but I like the fact that it's completely different and great to see a "male" way of doing altered art. He definately brings something new to the mix.
I've loved the show too - did they read your text out? They did mine a few minutes ago.
I'm so pleased I've got that embossing powder set - I thought I'd bought some UTEE from Glenda when I went to the openday but I got black by mistake, so getting the UTEE and all those lovely colours is fantastic, especially on easypay.

sugarplum
21-01-2009, 09:28 PM
I liked those embossing powders too First saw them on a craftycow webcast when they were embossing on style stones and thought the colours were lush They are on my wish list but as I have ordered some starburst stains from the stampman I wil have to good until payday

Wellington
22-01-2009, 10:07 AM
Really looking forward to watching this show back - have Sky+'d it. I just caught the last 10mins & saw Dawn demoing the Angelina fibres & film - never seen the technique of ironing film over a stencil, only seen it done on stamps.

Phree
22-01-2009, 04:32 PM
Oh dear, lol, I had forgotten about those embossing powders - they have been on my wish list from the time I first started keeping a note of QVC item numbers - um I think I started that list about 2 days after I decided to give card making a try so that's over 2 years ago! But they are going to have to stay on the wish list for now because I am skint and I have seen new stamps that I know I will want once they are available to buy so saving my pennies for those.

sugarplum
22-01-2009, 05:48 PM
Thecraftcow have the coloured embossing powder set on its own (no utee) for £19.99

luvtocraft
22-01-2009, 06:50 PM
They are also at stamp.co.uk for £17.12 for 16 colours but not the big pot of utee.

Wellington
23-01-2009, 11:47 AM
They are also at stamp.co.uk for £17.12 for 16 colours but not the big pot of utee.

I thought it was those but didn't get chance to check...

Marie
23-01-2009, 11:49 AM
got my email from QVC this morning saying it's on its way!! They are SO pretty, can't wait to play with the UTEE and see what I can come up with!

DianaDreads
23-01-2009, 01:28 PM
Oops, better just let you know that the stampbord isn't on its way yet Marie. Sorry but it's fallen down the back of the desk and I have some boxes of stamps to move before I can get to it!!

Marie
23-01-2009, 01:37 PM
Oh don't worry DD, it'll be a while before I get to play with it all anyway. Got my first embossing class a week tomorrow and will collect a few little bits there to play with if I can, so probably all I'll do in the meantime is look at the pretty colours and grin stupidly, lol!