PDA

View Full Version : Tim Holtz On QVC!

Tolly
22-01-2009, 04:30 PM
Hi,

Great news!

Just read on Dawns' MySpace site that Tim Holtz and Susie Weinberg are going to be on with Dawn on Feb 17th!

Can't wait!

Phree
22-01-2009, 04:33 PM
OMG!!!! OMG!!!! OMG!!!!!......... I can't wait either!!!!!!!!!!!!

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
22-01-2009, 04:37 PM
well that means there should be some new items then so stay tuned lol

Tolly
22-01-2009, 04:41 PM
I know! I know! (yes I am jumping up and down!:D)

Spread the word gang! The great man is coming to our screens!

Wit-whoo!:p

anna_fran
22-01-2009, 05:28 PM
Oh goodee!!!! At long last. That's definitely one to be recorded for future reference. Thanks Tolly.

DianaDreads
22-01-2009, 05:35 PM
Yup, DS will definitely be at after school club that day :D

Marie
22-01-2009, 05:46 PM
Ok, showing my ignorance here, who is Susie Weinberg? Is she Tim's wife or business partner or both?
Better sit down and watch the TH DVD that fell into my basket while at Graphicus, lol!!

Marie
22-01-2009, 05:48 PM
..and just to add that it's good that there is something good to look forward to in Feb on QVC, because apart from the usual Tuesday slots, the only other craft I can find on teh schedules are a couple of K&Co hours, which is pretty short supply for all of us crafter! Can you imagine only having 2 hours a week of beauty or fashion??

sugarplum
22-01-2009, 05:57 PM
so do you think that the 17th is maybe Craft day? Qvc wont say and I have been waiting for the tv guide so show the week commencing 15/2 to see if craft day is in that week I want to take the day off, especially if tim Holtz is gooing to be on though I hope he is given more time to demo than his last visit to qvcuk

Tolly
22-01-2009, 06:01 PM
Ok, showing my ignorance here, who is Susie Weinberg? Is she Tim's wife or business partner or both?

She's wonderful too Marie!

http://www.schmoozewithsuze.com/

anna_fran
22-01-2009, 06:31 PM
Better sit down and watch the TH DVD that fell into my basket while at Graphicus, lol!!

Marie, I think I can say, without fear of contradiction, that Suze is definitely not Tim's wife.;)

GenieDi
22-01-2009, 06:32 PM
i was going to say something about that too lol

anna_fran
22-01-2009, 06:34 PM
so do you think that the 17th is maybe Craft day? Qvc wont say and I have been waiting for the tv guide so show the week commencing 15/2 to see if craft day is in that week I want to take the day off, especially if tim Holtz is gooing to be on though I hope he is given more time to demo than his last visit to qvcuk

Looked on the QVC schedule for that date and there are no other craft shows that day apart from the normal 2-4 slot.

honora2929
22-01-2009, 06:46 PM

You have taken the words right out of my mind ,i was thinking it must be craft day on the 17th if he is coming also please let him talk what is the point of having these experts if we cant hear them .

GenieDi
22-01-2009, 06:48 PM
It's ages since I saw him on QVC he had Dawn on with him and she was flirting madly with him!

Marie
22-01-2009, 07:14 PM
Well of course I could read all sorts of things into those comments about Suzie Weinberg, not quite sure whether to think that Tim is unlikely to have a "wife" as such or just not Suzie!! Thought he was quite cute the bit I've seen of him and I guess that there aren't a lot of men in the craft world so the women can't help flirting with them when they are around, lol!

angela
22-01-2009, 07:22 PM
he's teaching at art from the heart as well!

Jeanette
22-01-2009, 07:43 PM
to think that Tim is unlikely to have a "wife"

You got it Marie;)

Ribbons
22-01-2009, 07:48 PM
You have taken the words right out of my mind ,i was thinking it must be craft day on the 17th if he is coming also please let him talk what is the point of having these experts if we cant hear them .

Thats brilliant news and I agree, lets hope they have a decent presenter on with them so we can hear what they say - someone who doesn't interupt constantly.

soopy
22-01-2009, 08:28 PM
Omigod, really!!! Wow, something to really look forward to (does a happy dance...:))
After Tim's last appearance I thought we'd never see him again, and is that a QVCUK first for Suze?
Must check my diary, cancel all appointments for that day etc. :)
Hope we get lots of new stuff and demo's...
Re Tim having a wife, I would've thought a husband more likely???

Rentochops
22-01-2009, 08:34 PM
Omigod, really!!! Wow, something to really look forward to (does a happy dance...:))
After Tim's last appearance I thought we'd never see him again, and is that a QVCUK first for Suze?
Must check my diary, cancel all appointments for that day etc. :)
Hope we get lots of new stuff and demo's...
Re Tim having a wife, I would've thought a husband more likely???

LOL I have never seen Tim, but can't wait now, is he camp then?:D

soopy
22-01-2009, 08:36 PM
LOL I have never seen Tim, but can't wait now, is he camp then?:D

I wouldn't call him camp, but I understand he has a boyfriend...

sugarplum
22-01-2009, 08:45 PM
not craft day I fear from what I've read on other forums just the normal 2-4 slot.
Ifeel a twinge of toothache might have to arrange a dental appointment, about 2pm is a good time. Probably wont be able to get an appointment for at least acouple of weeks though. It's likely to be at least the 17th. Will have to arrange a couple of hours flexi leave from work. Damm

DianaDreads
22-01-2009, 09:08 PM
I checked the qvc schedule a couple of hours ago and that 2 hour show is the only craft on all that day - let's hope more appears as it seems really unfair on all the people who work and can't get the time off

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
22-01-2009, 09:11 PM
well i`l find the premiers and will post them you just need to record the show if thats any help

DianaDreads
22-01-2009, 09:21 PM
thanks Ian, I'll be looking forward to that - though my poor bank account won't!!!

sugarplum
22-01-2009, 09:44 PM
Yes thanks Ian you're a star.
It looks like craft day is going to be in the last week of February I have to agree my days off for next month by the end of this week so looks like I'm going to miss it. I do wish they would give more advance warning they must know the date is confirmed by now surely

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
22-01-2009, 09:59 PM
thanks Ian, I'll be looking forward to that - though my poor bank account won't!!!

your welcome

Yes thanks Ian you're a star.
It looks like craft day is going to be in the last week of February I have to agree my days off for next month by the end of this week so looks like I'm going to miss it. I do wish they would give more advance warning they must know the date is confirmed by now surely

your welcome and thats the thing as the schedule can change so suddenly thats why they only put a certain amount of weeks up at a time

Tolly
22-01-2009, 11:05 PM
Craft day is Feb 26th.

spurs
22-01-2009, 11:13 PM
TOLLY THANKYOU SOOOOO MUCH I have been after this date for weeks now.

I have to ask, how do you know?

Tolly
22-01-2009, 11:15 PM
You're welcome Spurs.

It's posted on Dawns' My Space page.

Julie
22-01-2009, 11:16 PM
Must admit Tim Holtz isn't my thing, no matter how hard I try, I can't do messy, but I do welcome any different presenters onto QVC. For the life of me I can't understand why we don't get any of the more "on trend" presenters or brands on there.

Surely QVC must be the biggest retailer of craft stuff in the country ??

Tolly
22-01-2009, 11:21 PM
Maybe it's something to do with how far in advance they have to plan and order the product from the manufactures.

I think I have heard presenters say that they had seen some items 6 months before it came to air. Not just on craft stuff either. Perhaps that's why?

spurs
22-01-2009, 11:30 PM
If you believe all the qvc rubbish you would think that stock and the presenters are ordered/booked four weeks inadvance.

sheilaj
23-01-2009, 07:28 AM
I actually am not sure that Tim Holtz shifts enough to be on QVC regularly. His stuff is a bit on the dear side and seems to sit around for a while (they had his Altered Journeys DVD for MONTHS)...you also have to like what he does d'oh but what I mean is that you can do eg distressed oriental, floral oriental, foiled monochrome and so on, same with vintage BUT TH stuff is only that and very identifiable IMHO.

.....but it would be a boring world if we were all alike. He is a personable guy whatever his orientation and as such I guess a bit out of the ordinary in the world of craft.

kriskros
23-01-2009, 07:43 AM
Shall look forward to something a little different, they will probably let him have his way over the broadcast means he has decided to revisit QVC. Hope he has a good presenter with him who lets him talk!!!!!!

ob1
23-01-2009, 09:07 AM
I video'd the last show he appeared on. Simon Biagi and Dawn completely ignored the demonstration Tim was trying to do and wittered on about the Buccleugh meats that were coming up on the following show. That kind of thing is rude not just to the guest presenter who's flown in to do the show, but the audience who've tuned in to watch and don't give a toss what pies Simon's looking forward to tucking into. I was surprised that Dawn joined in with Simon rather than shutting him up. I hope this time around they let Tim get on with it - the guy's a pro, as is Suze, and the demos will sell the goods far better without a barrage of dim interruptions from the QVC presenter. Look how all the UK suppliers sell out of Holtz goods when the 12 Tags of Christmas projects go on Tim's blog - no one needs to be told to jump to the phones then.

Marie
23-01-2009, 10:13 AM
Well as I said earlier in this thread, he's not really my style in terms of craft but I like watching his DVD as it's differernt and I think it's good to see different styles of craft. Especially a male perspective. I like the idea of taking bits of his style and mixing them in with other stuff. So I'm looking forward to it.

soopy
23-01-2009, 10:25 AM
not craft day I fear from what I've read on other forums just the normal 2-4 slot.
Ifeel a twinge of toothache might have to arrange a dental appointment, about 2pm is a good time. Probably wont be able to get an appointment for at least acouple of weeks though. It's likely to be at least the 17th. Will have to arrange a couple of hours flexi leave from work. Damm

:D Toothache's such a rotten thing to have, and dentist's can't just fit you in straight away, can they, and of course they always run late, don't they, never a 5 minutes in and out kind of thing :D

soopy
23-01-2009, 10:31 AM
Thinking about it, why do Tim and Suze have to be on with Dawn? That means we'll have them, the presenter (hope it's not AK) and DB...why do they need her on the show too?

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
23-01-2009, 10:40 AM
because its dawn;s usual slot thats proberbly why she will be on

ob1
23-01-2009, 10:46 AM
It seems to me there's a bit of a condescending attitude to craft amongst not only the presenters but the gallery team at QVC, as if no one could possibly be interested in watching demonstrations so it's necessary to manically interrupt and talk about anything but the technique. So if, say, a scrapbook page is shown, the presenter will point at the photo and say, 'Who's that?' or 'Oh a cat, I've got a cat, if you go to the QVC blog you can see Tiddles on my page...' And the camera angles are all over the place. For a master class on how it should be done, check out http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.F05109.desc.Tim-Holtz-Storage-Tin-wGrungeboard-Book-and-Clear-Fragments The item's only on air for a brief slot, but the presenter sticks to the plot and facilitates the demo by asking relevant questions and presenting items to camera.

Marie
23-01-2009, 11:05 AM
Well maybe we should start a campaign of sending individual emails to QVC explaining that as crafters we'd appreciate that the presenters let the guests demonstrate the products without constant interruption. I think that one of the problems is that the presenters see craft and think that it's "playtime"! Look at how Sara spoiled the shows on Tuesday morning by ruining the demos and constantly interrupting the guests. Also, on the masterclasses on Tuesday and Wednesday with Pipa, Dawn would have got thrgouth the demos with plenty of time if it weren't for the fact that Pipa kept wanting to play and kept asking stupid questions. I generally like Pipa but she did seem to be more bothered about playing herself than letting Dawn get on with the demos.
I think it's difficult to get the right balance with all of htis stuff - the point is that craft is all about playing and experimenting with the products so we don't want the presenters to be serious and boring, but this has to be balanced with allowing the guests to demonstrate the products properly.
Anyway just my thoughts. But it seems to me that if we wnat QVC to get the presenters to "behave" a bit better, sending individual polite emails would get their attention. I think we need to say what we like about the craft shows as well as what we don't like so it comes across as constructive criticism.
What do others think?

soopy
23-01-2009, 11:21 AM
For a master class on how it should be done, check out http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.F05109.desc.Tim-Holtz-Storage-Tin-wGrungeboard-Book-and-Clear-Fragments The item's only on air for a brief slot, but the presenter sticks to the plot and facilitates the demo by asking relevant questions and presenting items to camera.

Fab, the presenter allows Tim to demo properly, asks relevant not stupid questions and the camera shots are of the product and demo instead of the presenter.
BTW, I so would like that item...

Anne
23-01-2009, 11:22 AM
I have emailed QVC before in regard to craft shows. I've done it a couple of times to complain about the presenter - I definitely remember complaining about Jill Franks and I'm not sure who else. I've also done it to say thank you, which was when Craig was on with the tall dark-haired American girl whose name escapes me just now.

Edit. Just remembered her name. It was Megan. :)

soopy
23-01-2009, 11:23 AM
because its dawn;s usual slot thats proberbly why she will be on

I always thought it was supposed to be a regular craft slot, not a regular DB slot...?

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
23-01-2009, 11:25 AM
I always thought it was supposed to be a regular craft slot, not a regular DB slot...?

well i was watching a couple of weeks ago and even then they said this is DB regular craft show

soopy
23-01-2009, 11:37 AM
Gosh, didn't realise she was so possessive about it :eek:

Marie
23-01-2009, 11:41 AM
I have emailed QVC before in regard to craft shows. I've done it a couple of times to complain about the presenter - I definitely remember complaining about Jill Franks and I'm not sure who else. I've also done it to say thank you, which was when Craig was on with the tall dark-haired American girl whose name escapes me just now.
I've done all this as well Anne, I really enjoyed the K&Co shows with Craig, they were a lesson in how things should be done and I said this in an email to QVC at the time.
I was just thinking that if a number of people emailed in saying the same sort of things, they might sit up and take notice. It would be useful to find out the name of the person who "runs" the craft dept at QVC, ie not DB, but the QVC behind the scenes person who makes decisions.
I think that they do a lot right, but it just could be so much better with a few small changes.

anna_fran
23-01-2009, 11:57 AM
My biggest bugbear with QVC is when they insist on showing a long lingering still of the product while it's still being demoed. I can't believe the stupidity of this, especially as the item number and description is on screen all the time anyway. It makes me want to scream.

Tolly
23-01-2009, 12:31 PM
Okay, here are the facts that I know okay? I don't like to talk about peoples personal lives but am so sick of reading this lie about Tim Holtz!

Tim Holtz is not gay! The last time he was over I got talking to one of his "team" and he is a very private man and he has a girlfriend!
All these rumours seem to have started when he was at Excel in London a few years ago. I was there too and the guy a few spiteful people kept saying was his other half was actually his manager! Just shows you doesn't it just hope petty some people can be! Tim Holtz is definitely not gay!

The 2-4 slot on a Tuesday has been Dawns' regular spot for many years and has come to be known as Dawns slot by QVC and viewers. Exactly the same as the gardening slot on a Saturday morning is regarded as Richard Jacksons slot! Dawn isn't as far as I am aware, ever come across as possessive about it Soopy and no one on here had suggested she was! Plus this week we have had evening crafting shows. Perhaps this is a test to see how they will be received by the viewer. We shall have to wait and see.

If the show with TH and Susie Weinberg are like the one they did last year when Sarah Numan was on as well, Tim was on the first show with Dawn and Simon and then Sarah was on the next day with Dawn and a Sara G. Maybe they will split the Feb 17th show in 2 halves.
It is well know that Tim doesn't like QVC after he was treated badly by them. However, he appeared last time on condition that he was on with Dawn so perhaps that has been a condition this time too.

Whether you personally like Dawn or not, she is highly respected in the industry and by professional crafters a like. They acknowledge the fact that it was her who has brought crafting to tv and made it accessible to a much wider audience. Something, sadly a lot of people on here in particular, seem to forget!

Marie
23-01-2009, 12:51 PM
I agree with everything you say Tolly. I like watching DB on a Tuesday (usually recorded in the evening) and think she is an excellent and professional guest presenter. In fact I'd happily have her on without any other presenter.
I've enjoyed waht I've seen of TH and am looking forward to seeing him on QVC. Personally I'm not interested in anybody's personal life, I don't mind whether they are straight, gay, greeen, yellow, orange, etc. Unfortunately my question about Suzie Weinberg started that conversation going and it was only because I didn't know who she is that I asked if she is his wife or business partner. I didn't intend to start a conversation about his personal life.
I've since had a look on Suzie's website as well and now that I've seen her stuff, I'm interested in seeing her on QVC as well.
Right, enough chat for me this afternoon, got to get some more work done before the weekend starts.

Tolly
23-01-2009, 01:13 PM
Hi Marie,

I agree, shouldn't matter what someones' sexual preference is, but sadly there are a few "crafters", and I use the title very loosely! Who seem to always prefer to spread rumour as fact and I just wanted to try and stop this as I am really fed up with it! They don't stop at the Crafting Experts either, I have seen vicious rumour being stated as fact about other non famous crafters as well!

Those of you on here who have commented Tim is gay, ask yourselves, do you know or are you going by what some one on a craft forum has told you or you read there? Well I only deal in facts and I know that Tim isn't gay!

I used to be on a forum that seemed preoccupied in spreading hate! Crafting was secondary and they would post the most libelous things about people who weren't there to defend themselves! All very brave - not! Eventually they started to turn on one another as they just had this "need" to fight! Quite incredible!

That's why I was slow in getting involved here, that forum left a very bad taste in my mouth and I wasn't sure I wanted to join another!

Anyway, I hope that the members on here will help to stop spreading this lie about Tim Holtz. Not that I suppose he cares what's said about him, but it does make me personally angry!

Let's stop the spread of rumour and only deal in the facts!

Speculation is one thing, but to make up stories about someone and then spread them as the true fact just pure wrong!

honora2929
23-01-2009, 01:31 PM
Tolly i understand where you are coming from as regards spite ,if you cant say anything nice keep your mouth shut ,i mean we all moan about presenters on qvc talking too much when we really want to listen to the guests .What i have noticed is this ,for such a wonderful hobby that gives so much pleasure the amount of backbiting cruel behaviour
that goes on and i for one dont like it and have left one crop because of it and am now happily in another where there is no nasstiness and i go home feeling great .

Anne
23-01-2009, 01:37 PM
I have been aware of bitchiness on other craft forums in the past, but I just want to say that I don't think there has ever been any nastiness on this forum. I have been here for years and can't recall anything like that.

There's been a lot of discussion about who or what we might like/not like and for what reasons, but I don't things have ever got nasty or personal.

This is a happy forum, and a democratic forum. Feel the love! :)

honora2929
23-01-2009, 01:40 PM
Im feeling it .I always send qvc emails about presenters talking non stop .It spoils the shows so i watch quite a lote with mute on .

Tolly
23-01-2009, 01:42 PM
Hi Honora2929,

Thanks for posting! Know what you mean! It's like some strange disease spreading through crafting! It takes away so much of the pleasure!

I'm sure it's only a minority that engage in this, but sadly it's taken up by innocent people, passed on and the lies and hate spread like wildfire!

It's madness!

Marie
23-01-2009, 01:43 PM
Absolutely. Just wanted to apologise if anything I've said has sounded bitchy. I think it's normal human nature to exchange information about other people but I like this forum because people are decent and well-mannered. I'm sure none of us claim to be perfect but we do seem to stick to good manners here. I was looking at another craft forum recently and couldn't believe how nasty some of the comments are. Came back here and felt the love!!

Phree
23-01-2009, 01:46 PM
Oh dear, oh dear, I think we need to clear the air here.. However for those of our newer members who won't remember him I need to mention a former and MUCH LOVED AND RESPECTED ex-CT member - he was gay. NOBODY on this forum bashed him for his sexual preferences, to be honest I doubt if any of us particularly cared, we did however love him for his valuable contributions to the forum both as a very talented crafter and also his wide range of knowlege on other subjects which he was only to willing to share when forum members asked for help. Sadly he left CT when he felt he no longer gained much fulfillment from his time here - our loss.

Tolly, I don't think anyone has made an attack on Tim for the belief, mistaken or otherwise, that he is homosexual, they have simply stated that belief, some perhaps in ways that are more insinuation than an outright statement. The reason I say the beleif is "mistaken or otherwise" is because you know what - I don't know the facts and I truely doubt any of us do for real - Tim's private life is his own business and nobody else's. What I do care about and what I beleive most of us crafters care about is the amazing talent he has for creating products that do a fabulous job and sharing ideas and techniques with us about how to get the most use from those products - long may he continue to do this.

sheilaj
23-01-2009, 02:09 PM
having re read the thread, while I do see some giggly gossip, I don't see any lies or hate!

edit: I did say his stuff looked a bit samey...does that count? :)

Anne
23-01-2009, 02:14 PM
having re read the thread, while I do see some giggly gossip, I don't see any lies or hate!

I do agree with you Sheila.

Wellington
23-01-2009, 03:15 PM
I need to mention a former and MUCH LOVED AND RESPECTED ex-CT member

I still miss him :(

I don't either Sheila - I got the impression that possibly Tolly was kinda letting off steam more than anything, the catalyst being the inference (whether true or not) of Mr H's sexuality which bothers nobody who posts on CT.com on a regular basis - but which Tolly has obviously got fed up with elsewhere.

CT is a lovely small-ish forum where peeps have always felt comfortable to air their views, usually in the knowledge that as grown up adult people, we don't all share the same views, but are quite capable of having discussions from those different POVs. Sometimes it gets a tad heated - I think mostly due to the inability to properly express emotions in type - but we all kiss n' make up & play nicely again :D

Anne
23-01-2009, 03:24 PM
CT is a lovely small-ish forum where peeps have always felt comfortable to air their views, usually in the knowledge that as grown up adult people, we don't all share the same views, but are quite capable of having discussions from those different POVs. Sometimes it gets a tad heated - I think mostly due to the inability to properly express emotions in type - but we all kiss n' make up & play nicely again :D

We haven't had a heated debate for quite a while now... :cool:

Mothership
23-01-2009, 04:11 PM
It's so good to hear that Tim Holtz will be back on QVC, I really didn't think it would happen again after the way SG acted the last time. It was embarassing and and she pretty much reprised the performance on the TSV launch this week!

Featured on Tim's blog are his new release of stamps http://timholtz.typepad.com/my_weblog/ We could hope that his relationship with DB might mean that (probably a vain hope) they may feature in the show.

I had always understood that Tim is gay and has a long time partner Mario. Pictures here http://margaretrodgersblog.blogspot.com/2008/12/holiday-hideaway-2008-prescott-arizona.html Gay or straight it doesn't matter to me, it's his unique talent with rubber, ink and paper that do.

Tolly
23-01-2009, 05:04 PM
Mario is one of Tims' assistants.

Thank you Wellington. X

LorraineJ
23-01-2009, 05:29 PM
Lets hope we get a good show where Tim et al are able to show us what his products new and old can do. Some of the QVC presenters do yak on over the presenter, but a lot of this could well be down to the gallery yelling inane instructions down the ear piece. I rarely watch the shows now, purely because the camera work is so bad, they show the still of the item, rather than allowing you to see what whoever is demoing is doing. I do sometimes have QVC on in the background with the sound turned down, just to see if a new product is of interest.

honora2929
23-01-2009, 05:40 PM
I have never seen his work in action and am so looking forward to seeing him ,when is he coming again is it the 17th feb ? x

Phree
23-01-2009, 06:49 PM
Just a lil' something to show why Tim is worth watching, my advice is even if you don't like his style read the techniques used in each tag - you may just learn about a new way to use products that you can apply to your own style of crafting

http://timholtz.typepad.com/my_weblog/12_tags_of_christmas_2008_1/

Oh and as for kissing Welly.... hmmm I dunno about that!!!! :p

Unicorn
23-01-2009, 07:41 PM
I think the reason that Tim and Suze are on Dawn's show is that they are both going to be at NEC for the Trade show. Last year Tim did a demo at Dawn's shop, I don't know if he'll be there again this year. I'm really mad as I'll be on holiday and miss the show.......just my luck.:eek:

Ribbons
23-01-2009, 07:49 PM

I agree, when all around me in my everyday life is frantic and stressful, all I have to do is come on here and its so lovely and friendly and just easy - even if it gets heated it happens in a nice way!

Marie
23-01-2009, 08:18 PM
Yes Suzie says on her site that she is in Birmingham that weekend so presumably at the NEC. Either way I'm looking forward to seeing the show, I've discussed this with my boss and she has agreed I can have the day off to watch. She's a wonderful woman, really........!!:D:D

DianaDreads
23-01-2009, 09:53 PM
I think the reason that Tim and Suze are on Dawn's show is that they are both going to be at NEC for the Trade show. Last year Tim did a demo at Dawn's shop, I don't know if he'll be there again this year. I'm really mad as I'll be on holiday and miss the show.......just my luck.:eek:

Tim's going to be at Art From The Heart www.afth.co.uk on Feb 12th. You have to book in advance for an hour demo. It's £5 but that's deductible from whatever you buy.
If I lived closer I'd be there like a shot :)

soopy
23-01-2009, 11:00 PM
Okay, as I seem to have been singled out...in my defence...
I believed Tim was gay after being personally told by someone (who works in the industry) who had met Tim in in the States 'with his boyfriend', therefore I was stating what I thought was true...I was not making up stories and I was not trying to spread spiteful/vicious rumours. It does not bother me what sexual preferences anyone has, the man's a genius at what he does and that's what counts.
As for my post about DB being possessive over 'her' show, that was a light-hearted statement made by me with absolutely no suggestion that anyone else had suggested that.
I would just like to see new guests with new products for the more experienced crafter.
No, I don't personally like DB, I much prefer RM and her shows, but I would be the first to agree that DB has done so much to promote crafting, both on and off TV, but then again, so have lots of other people. Card making has been popular for longer than DB has been on the TV. I personally have been making cards for over 16 years, thanks to lots of lovely retailers and manufacturers of craft products, both here and in the States.
Yes, I do consider myself to be a 'crafter' (a rather seasoned one at that, even if I do say so myself) and I joined this forum to 'meet' like-minded people...I'm not here to 'spread hate', I have no 'need' to fight.
And that's my case...

Anne
24-01-2009, 12:05 PM
And I think it would be good if we drew a line under it there. :)

Wellington
24-01-2009, 02:14 PM
Oh and as for kissing Welly.... hmmm I dunno about that!!!! :p

:p

Tim's going to be at Art From The Heart www.afth.co.uk on Feb 12th. You have to book in advance for an hour demo. It's £5 but that's deductible from whatever you buy.
If I lived closer I'd be there like a shot :)

So I followed the link to see where this was. I'm thinking that Marie, Lorraine & all our other Yorkshire based CT-ers should possibly not follow the link ;)

Marie
24-01-2009, 02:43 PM
Wellie, you're wicked. I might have to go, at £5 it would be rude not to go!!
You are SUCH a bad influence........

Marie
24-01-2009, 03:17 PM
Okay, I've booked for the last show of the day. Means I can get most of a day's work done. Can't wait!

DianaDreads
24-01-2009, 11:58 PM
Ooh, lucky you!!!!

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
03-02-2009, 01:50 PM
Ranger 13 Bottles Of Liquid Pearls Medium
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.587715

Ranger 10 Bottles Of Stickles Glitter Glue
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.587738

Phree
03-02-2009, 11:43 PM
Dunno about those one's SCW, I am hoping for some of Tim's signature lines such as the Distress Stickles, and grungboard and stuff. But I guess he may well be involved in presentations of Rangers' other stuff too.

Wellington
04-02-2009, 10:40 AM
I spotted the 'Distress' stickles on the Graphicus site the other week & immediately started lusting after them. I have no idea why, I don't have any Distress Inks...yet. I have a yearning to buy the Faded Jeans & Dusty Concord pads...& Worn Lipstick (I'm with Nigel May on that one, I love the name!)...& Tattered Rose... *sigh*

lolathelamb
04-02-2009, 10:57 AM
Yes, Wellington, Tim's names are clever, aren't they? Evocative and almost sexy?

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
04-02-2009, 01:49 PM
Dunno about those one's SCW, I am hoping for some of Tim's signature lines such as the Distress Stickles, and grungboard and stuff. But I guess he may well be involved in presentations of Rangers' other stuff too.

Phree when i picked all those inkpads up for Prudence i noticed that on the tim holtz ones it said Ranger on it so i know these were tim holtz stuff

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
04-02-2009, 01:59 PM
this could be one as well

Set of 3 Melt Art Embossing Enamels w/Flex Additive
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.587821

helena
04-02-2009, 02:10 PM
The best presenter to work on a craft show is Jilly Halliday. She listens and asks the questions you want to know. She isn't full of trying to make herself look like the most vivacious person and respects the guests.
Pipa is my fav but goodness me, can you imagine her around all the paints and mess? She'll be screaming and squeeking but she is oh so funny on the fashion shows with all those bigger sizes she tends to try on. But no, please, leave it to Jilly, have a day off Pips, Keenan, Huntley puddy cat and the breathless...Jill Fags, I mean Franks!

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
12-02-2009, 12:35 PM
Ranger Set Of 8 Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabbers
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.587697

sheilaj
12-02-2009, 02:44 PM
Yes, Wellington, Tim's names are clever, aren't they? Evocative and almost sexy?

its called "marketing"
(sorry cynic here!)

Phree
12-02-2009, 03:13 PM
Phree when i picked all those inkpads up for Prudence i noticed that on the tim holtz ones it said Ranger on it so i know these were tim holtz stuff

Hi SCW, it may help you if you know what you are looking for. Tim Holtz is one of Ranger's Senior Ink Educators - part of that role is helping in the developement of new products. Now the lines Tim helps with are the things I meant when I said his "signature products". Seeing the Ranger name on a product does not necessarily mean it's Tim's stuff. For example there are the Nick Bantock Inks and of course there is the Suze Weinberg signature lines such as the Melt Art stuff. The regular Stickles Glitters are not Tim's product, but the newly developed Distress version of Stickles are.

this could be one as well

Set of 3 Melt Art Embossing Enamels w/Flex Additive
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.587821

Your probably right about this one SCW - it's a Suze Weinberg signature product.

Ranger Set Of 8 Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabbers
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.587697

And these ones are Tim products for sure.

Thanks for hunting for these SCW, keep posting your finds :)

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
12-02-2009, 03:48 PM
Hi SCW, it may help you if you know what you are looking for. Tim Holtz is one of Ranger's Senior Ink Educators - part of that role is helping in the developement of new products. Now the lines Tim helps with are the things I meant when I said his "signature products". Seeing the Ranger name on a product does not necessarily mean it's Tim's stuff. For example there are the Nick Bantock Inks and of course there is the Suze Weinberg signature lines such as the Melt Art stuff. The regular Stickles Glitters are not Tim's product, but the newly developed Distress version of Stickles are.

Your probably right about this one SCW - it's a Suze Weinberg signature product.

And these ones are Tim products for sure.

Thanks for hunting for these SCW, keep posting your finds :)

ta phree i`ve learnt something and i keep separating the one i think are for this show i put here to check so thanks (i know all the new items but not all on web yet)

LynneH
12-02-2009, 04:00 PM
but the newly developed Distress version of Stickles are.

Distress Stickles :confused: I love Stickles but I couldn't picture a distressed one. LOL!

I just had to Google it and came across this (http://timholtz.typepad.com/my_weblog/2008/10/distress-stickl.html) page on Tim's Blog. I thought I'd post a link incase anyone else is curious.

They look really good.

DianaDreads
12-02-2009, 04:12 PM
I got the vintage photo and milled lavender ones from Graphicus (and a grungeboard book ;) thanks to one of the stamp sheets being out of stock and asking them to contact me so I could sub something else) and they are gorgeous. The vintage photo is super grungey!

sugarplum
12-02-2009, 04:17 PM
thanks for the link . I couldnt picture what the distress stickles would look like but this gives a very clear idea. Really lovely efffect

Sandra
12-02-2009, 05:46 PM
More goodies for my wishlist then :rolleyes:

iggy
12-02-2009, 09:00 PM
Hi,

Great news!

Just read on Dawns' MySpace site that Tim Holtz and Susie Weinberg are going to be on with Dawn on Feb 17th!

Can't wait!

me too & 3 & 4........sue's is what i am looking more towards though.....hurrahhhhhhhhhh phones will be off the hook & dogs fed early too :D

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
13-02-2009, 01:15 PM
Ranger Set of 6 Adirondack Paint Dabbers
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.587711

Ranger Set of 6 Adirondack Pigment Ink Pads
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.587737

Phree
13-02-2009, 02:36 PM
Oh jings, maybe I should tell you to stop looking SCW..... I could be VERY tempted by those ink pads ;)

Edit : Memo to self, remember your rule about NOT reading SCW's evil temptation posts.

Marie
13-02-2009, 03:06 PM
sometimes I think SCW should be blamed for all of our overspends on QVC.....but then we'd only overspend on other things! Those liquid pears look very interesting....sits on hands sits on hands sits on hands.
Right, going to do a bit more work now.

Anne
13-02-2009, 03:15 PM
I've been contemplating getting some Adirondack ink pads for quite a while. Trouble is that there's so many lovely colours I just get confused and end up with nothing.

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
13-02-2009, 04:50 PM
Oh jings, maybe I should tell you to stop looking SCW..... I could be VERY tempted by those ink pads ;)

Edit : Memo to self, remember your rule about NOT reading SCW's evil temptation posts.

lol i know i`m tempting but is it a good price then on QVC for these items

sometimes I think SCW should be blamed for all of our overspends on QVC.....but then we'd only overspend on other things! Those liquid pears look very interesting....sits on hands sits on hands sits on hands.

i know i`m naughty but i dont have much money but somehow i like spending others lol

I've been contemplating getting some Adirondack ink pads for quite a while. Trouble is that there's so many lovely colours I just get confused and end up with nothing.

go on anne treat yourself

Mistyblue
13-02-2009, 08:56 PM

But Phree if you remember your rule then you will also remember what the rule is about :D

Have to say I am also tempted by the ink pads, wanted some of these for ages, wish I knew what colours were in the sets......... or then agaon maybe not ;)

Prudence2
13-02-2009, 10:03 PM
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.586432/walk.yah.UKCO~U384

I would like these as well as the other things:eek:

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
13-02-2009, 10:25 PM

But Phree if you remember your rule then you will also remember what the rule is about :D

Have to say I am also tempted by the ink pads, wanted some of these for ages, wish I knew what colours were in the sets......... or then agaon maybe not ;)

you wanna know whats in them read below

Brights option includes one each of:
Sail Boat BluePBP24064
Watermelon PBO24095
Sunset Orange PBP24071
Clover PBP24040
Sunshine Yellow PBP24088
Purple Twilight PBP24057.

Light option includes one each of:
Cool Peri PLP23999
JuniperPLP24002
Cloudy Blue PLP23982
Peach Bellini PLP24026
Shell Pink PLP24033
Lemonade PLP24019

Earthtones option includes one each of:
Butterscotch PEP24118
CranberryPEP24125
Eggplant PEP24149
Terracotta PEP24156
Denim PEP24143
Bottle PEP24101

so it sounds like there is 3 lots instead of the 2 on the web at the moment

Mistyblue
13-02-2009, 10:55 PM
you wanna know whats in them read below

Brights option includes one each of:
Sail Boat BluePBP24064
Watermelon PBO24095
Sunset Orange PBP24071
Clover PBP24040
Sunshine Yellow PBP24088
Purple Twilight PBP24057.

Light option includes one each of:
Cool Peri PLP23999
JuniperPLP24002
Cloudy Blue PLP23982
Peach Bellini PLP24026
Shell Pink PLP24033
Lemonade PLP24019

Earthtones option includes one each of:
Butterscotch PEP24118
CranberryPEP24125
Eggplant PEP24149
Terracotta PEP24156
Denim PEP24143
Bottle PEP24101

so it sounds like there is 3 lots instead of the 2 on the web at the moment

OMG SCW, what do they say? Be careful what you wish for LOL!!

Thanks for finding out though :)

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
13-02-2009, 11:27 PM
OMG SCW, what do they say? Be careful what you wish for LOL!!

Thanks for finding out though :)

well people wanted to know what colours so i just provided my usual service of answering questions lol

Marie
13-02-2009, 11:51 PM
Keep it coming SCW, you just give us another man in our lives to blame for spending money!!
i will resist i will resist i will resist i will resist i will resist i will resist......
okay, giving SCWs posts up for Lent, giving up chocolate would be much easier.

Anne
14-02-2009, 10:06 AM
God, I like the sound of all of those sets.

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
14-02-2009, 01:33 PM
Keep it coming SCW, you just give us another man in our lives to blame for spending money!!
i will resist i will resist i will resist i will resist i will resist i will resist......
okay, giving SCWs posts up for Lent, giving up chocolate would be much easier.

yeah lol and i can see there being 3 sets and yet the choice is only 2 at the moment

Mistyblue
14-02-2009, 08:42 PM
God, I like the sound of all of those sets.

Me too Anne :eek: I see the Adirondack pens are back in stock so I'm wondering wether I would be better off going for those instead, had them on waitlist ages ago which was eventually cancelled and never got around to re ordering them - decisions decisions :confused:

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
14-02-2009, 10:25 PM
Misty blue treat yourself i say

Phree
15-02-2009, 12:29 PM
Stop it SCW !!! Nawty boy!! Sigh I so want those ink pads. I have a lot of those colours in the Adirondack dye inks and alcohol inks so it would be rather nice to have the co-ordinating pigments. Such a shame that they can't sell the new Lights and Brights range of Alcohol Inks.... I gotta get those too.

Anne
15-02-2009, 02:17 PM
Stop it SCW !!! Nawty boy!! Sigh I so want those ink pads. I have a lot of those colours in the Adirondack dye inks and alcohol inks so it would be rather nice to have the co-ordinating pigments. Such a shame that they can't sell the new Lights and Brights range of Alcohol Inks.... I gotta get those too.

Isn't it a shame that we don't all live in the same town, then we could all share. :D

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
15-02-2009, 02:47 PM

well i am well known on here and st.com for tempting people too much lol

Mistyblue
15-02-2009, 06:47 PM

Isn't it a shame that we don't all live in the same town, then we could all share. :D

Maybe we could all go and stay with Phree :D

Phree
16-02-2009, 11:50 AM
Maybe we could all go and stay with Phree :D

If your coming remember to bring chocolate :D

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
16-02-2009, 12:55 PM
lol can i come as well then lol

Mistyblue
16-02-2009, 06:52 PM
If your coming remember to bring chocolate :D

I never go anywhere without chocolate :D

http://tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:utR7os17HLERvM:http://www.fda.gov/consumer/updates/pics/chocolate.jpg

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
17-02-2009, 12:43 PM
Ranger Set Of 2 Glossy & Crackle Accent Mediums
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.587716