PDA

View Full Version : Last Wed's Advanced Papercrafting show

Wellington
24-01-2009, 02:31 PM
Can I just say that I have now managed to watch more or less all of the show back & that I thought it was a bliddy good show! There were genuine techniques being demo'd - although of course there was still the obligatory pleading from Dawn to let her show stuff.

It was a tad rushed - but then QVC shows usually are cos they seem to want to cram so many products in. Do they have to show a certain number of products per hour/show? Yes, again, I know it's a shopping channel not an educational channel, but it is soooooooooooooooo frustrating to have DB et al charge through demos. It just feels like if they showed two or three less products, then there would be adequate time to give each product a decent demo & very probably sell more.

Or maybe the gallery could get their fingers out & make sure each product is given around the same air-time. Sometimes they spend ages & ages & ages on a product that doesn't warrent it, then something a little more complex is charged through at a rate of knotts :mad:

Anyway, I think this is the first time I've watched a QVC show & actually learned new stuff :D It was genuinely a more advanced show IMHO

Marie
24-01-2009, 02:38 PM
I agree Wellie we should all email QVC and tell them what we think. I saw the show when it was live and have it recorded so I can see it again this weekend.
I appreciate that they have to show a certain number of products but i don't know why they can't do "basics" eg sticky stuff or blank card stock, in those 1 minute spped slots so that they can give more air time to the interesting things. It does my head in when they spend 5 or 6 minutes on sticky dots or A5 card blanks!

luvtocraft
24-01-2009, 03:06 PM
Oooh glad i recorded it now. will be watching tomorow whilst doing the ironing:)

lolathelamb
24-01-2009, 03:50 PM
I have just emailed my appreciation and general comments about this mini-series and QVC Craft shows. We'll see if it helps, eventually.

Julie
24-01-2009, 06:11 PM
I enjoyed the tree stencil and that embossing paste.

Marie
24-01-2009, 09:16 PM
I have just emailed my appreciation and general comments about this mini-series and QVC Craft shows. We'll see if it helps, eventually.
Me too Lola, it would be nice to think that they are listening!

lolathelamb
24-01-2009, 10:35 PM
I have already received a reply from one member of the web team - encouragingly positive and the message will be passed to the production team in London.

All thanks to me finding this forum and joining in! Thanks everyone.