PDA

View Full Version : Jane Greenoff

RozMinis
28-07-2012, 08:18 PM
Is on C & C on Tuesday at 10 and 6 according to the journal on her website. She will also have her new Advent calendar on that day. Apparently it is going to be exclusive to C & C, which I reckon is a shame. Not actually sure I want it as I have loads of stuff already on the walls at Christmas, including two Bucilla Advent calendars. Have to have a think about it first, though don't blame me if it falls into my basket. I am not a responsible person where cross stitch is concerned, and especially if it happens to have the word Christmas attached to it. :)

Roz

Janiceb966
28-07-2012, 09:06 PM
Thanks Roz, I love it when Jane is on C&C - I could listen to her talk about stitching for hours :o

suban
29-07-2012, 04:59 AM
Got her Itch to Stitch (issue 91) the other day! OMG, it was fatal - wish list doubled overnight - don't think I DARE watch on Tuesday - well maybe I'll risk just one eye! Must go to M&S for a tin of peppermints. Don't want the peppermints, it's the tin I need.

RozMinis
29-07-2012, 07:13 PM
Got her Itch to Stitch (issue 91) the other day! OMG, it was fatal - wish list doubled overnight - don't think I DARE watch on Tuesday - well maybe I'll risk just one eye! Must go to M&S for a tin of peppermints. Don't want the peppermints, it's the tin I need.

Meeee toooo, and those biscornu's, could change the colour and make 'em into Christmas ones. Sigh, I really had better not buy the Advent calendar, certainly won't get it done for this Christmas. Sheesh, it will be August on Wednesday, where has the year gone? Going into town tomorrow, so will try and remember to go into M & S. It isn't a place I visit very often, but I could make an exception. :)

Roz

suban
29-07-2012, 07:47 PM
Usually avoid M&S - too pricey, and ours only has food and ladies undies, but will definitely go in next time I'm in town.

Janiceb966
23-08-2012, 09:03 PM
According to the Sky planner thingy Jane is back on C&C on Saturday afternoon - I think it's 3pm and 6pm and her shows are part of the giveaway promotions

Rentochops
23-08-2012, 09:07 PM
I love Jane too, a true professional!

RozMinis
25-08-2012, 08:29 PM
Didn't see all of the three o'clock show, horse racing on at the same time, and couldn't use my lappy as their was thunder and stuff wandering them thar hills. :( Did see the show at six, and it made me decide I probably can get the Advent calendar finished by the end of November, though what else I won't get finished remains to be seen. Have to finish the cards I am stitching at the moment though, though four of the squares are going to be turned into a couple of Christmas biscornu's.

I tried to order the etui last night from C & C, it wouldn't let me, kept saying they'd had such a run on it that it was out of stock. No matter, I ordered it directly from Jane this evening, along with a pack of 10 size 26 needles, I use those mostly, and the smallest of her scissors to to go with the etui. The chatelaine is too small for regular sized embroidery scissors. I know that because I have already worked it, the biscornu, and the needlecase using my own materials for a friend in Australia.

As I get a 10% discount and free postage from Jane it seemed a better idea to buy directly from her than C & C anyway, so rather glad they wouldn't let me have it last night, along with a couple of Hunkydory thingies I wanted. Their loss, not mine.

Roz

Janiceb966
25-08-2012, 09:19 PM
I've just watched the 6pm show - my email got read out AND got picked out of the cup. My gob is totally smacked :mysmilie_844: I treated myself to the etui as well, it looks stunning. It won't be started until at least next year though as I have a few projects to get through first.

Chalet School Fan
26-08-2012, 07:34 AM
I've started my Jesse Tree ornaments. Might get them finished as they are simple shapes with very few colour changes. However, whether I'll get the ornaments actually made up is a very different matter!

suban
26-08-2012, 10:51 AM
I've thanked God for Jane and all needlecrafting these past few days - they've passed the time at Mam's bedside.

~Will also be relying on them over the coming months as well!!!

Chalet School Fan
26-08-2012, 01:18 PM
So sorry to hear your news Suban. It's a hard place to be in now, but my thoughts and prayers are with you. I found solace in cross stitch when my Dad was ill and died. It was helpful to create something after someone so loved had been destroyed in his mid-sixties - such a waste.

If anyone else wants to make Jesse Tree ornaments here is the link to the patterns I am using:

http://www.jesse-trees.com/downloads/Jesse%20Tree%20Charts.pdf

Jilly
26-08-2012, 03:41 PM
Can't open link - keeps coming up with an error message saying explorer has had to close - maybe its only for you to access Chalet School Fan?

Chalet School Fan
26-08-2012, 04:00 PM
Hi. I've just opened it and it worked on my I-pad. I found the design by surfing the net. I wanted some Jesse Tree cross stitch patterns, but the one I particularly liked was no longer available to buy. Then I came across the same patterns to download on another site! Try typing in the address if the link doesn't work. Or pm me and I can e-mail the document to you.

Rentochops
26-08-2012, 04:26 PM
worked for me it downloads as a PDF

pyjama princess
26-08-2012, 06:23 PM
It's worked for me on 2 different computers.

RozMinis
26-08-2012, 08:07 PM
I've just watched the 6pm show - my email got read out AND got picked out of the cup. My gob is totally smacked :mysmilie_844: I treated myself to the etui as well, it looks stunning. It won't be started until at least next year though as I have a few projects to get through first.

That's brilliant Janice. Just for once I didn't email in. Modem off as there was thunder and stuff lurking about, so no way of emailing in. :(

Roz

RozMinis
26-08-2012, 08:21 PM
Worked for me on my lappy. Would it dare do otherwise! ;)

I know what you mean Susan. I've found at times of stress cross stitching helps more than anything else does. My one panic moment after my op was when Gale in the next bed asked me if I did cross stitching. I said yes, then had this panic about would I ever be able to again. Spent the next few days working out how I could knit, crochet, and do cross stitching left handed. The first two need both hands, but cross stitching was different. I could hold the perforated paper between my first and second fingers of my right hand, used the same two fingers to thread my needle, and stitch with my left hand. Then I discovered if I used a frame I could balance it on my right arm and stitch left handed.

Then Liz from Bridge Care Management bought me a Daylight floor frame and lamp with money kindly supplied by the insurance company. Well I was away by then. Suds to knitting and crochet, I could cross stitch at least, and once all the bits and bobs were removed I found stitching was one of the fewe things that keeps my thumb warm. Not sure if it the friction of the needle or what, but neither knitting or crochet have the same effect.

I remember Jane saying a while ago that when her husband Bill was in theatre, about five hours I think it was, she turned her back on the clock and stitched. It is also s'posed to be good for keeping blood pressure down. Soooo I reckon our supplies should be available on prescription. :)

Roz

suban
26-08-2012, 08:57 PM
Have saved pattern, thanks.

Rentochops
26-08-2012, 09:42 PM
I must get out my dolls house cross stitch, it's like painting the fourth bridge as it's nearly 4xA4 - I think that's A0!

It comes out every year, I try and do a room every year, but only got the landing done last year!

It is on 14 count as I can't deal with anything else, I've done loads in the past (pre-cards) but most are on my Mum's walls! I used to be obsessed by it, and still adore it but spend too much time on the computer!

It is very calming, I can see why it would lower your blood pressure (except it you go wrong lol).

Well done Janice, love the etui as well!

I think it's nice we've got some stitchers on here, I think before only Pam used to really post in the cross stitch section,

suban
26-08-2012, 09:45 PM
Come on ROC we'll encourage you!!!!

Rentochops
26-08-2012, 09:50 PM
Come on ROC we'll encourage you!!!!

I'll get it out in the morning and work out which room to do, I think it will be a bedroom!

It's this one http://www.atlascraft.co.uk/p55285/Pako-Cross-Stitch-Kit---The-Dolls-House/b0-2607-2607 (looks a bit blurry in the photo)

I bought it for about £40 I think! It is 49 x 64cm (19¼ x 25in) design size: 36 x 46cm (14 x 18in) - not sure it's quite as big as I thought, but it's pretty big.

I nearly did one on 26 count evenweave!

suban
27-08-2012, 05:15 AM
Beautiful, and by one of my favourite companies - love Lanarte as well but can be on the pricey side!!!!

Chalet School Fan
27-08-2012, 05:21 AM
That is a design I always wanted to do, but as I had so many unfinished WIP I managed to resist the temptation to buy it. Go for it - it's a stunning design and will look so good when it's finished.

suban
27-08-2012, 05:58 AM
Sorting Mam's cupboard today to see what other treasures I've forgotten!!!! YIKES!!!!!

Janiceb966
27-08-2012, 06:16 AM
I love Lanarte as well Suban, I have 2 of their Egyptian designs that cost me a fortune years ago - King Tut and Nerfertiti - both still in the back of a cupboard somewhere upstairs not looked at in a long long time. One of these days I'm going to get all my stitchy stuff in the one place so I can see what I have.

Chalet School Fan
27-08-2012, 06:31 AM
Our spare room is full of my cross stitch stuff. One problem is that I have my own stash, but I also inherit stash from other people. My husband goes to visit families to arrange funerals and because I'm known for my love of craft they unload Mum/Dad's stash onto him. It is hard to say no at times like that, but it does mean I can run a craft club at school with plenty of knitting stuff, Aida and threads.

BTW did you know how hard it is for youngsters to buy crafting equipment today. Some of my keen 12 year old knitters went to buy their own needles, but couldn't buy them as they were under 18. One said her mother was not allowed to buy them either as they were for her under-age daughter! Similar problems arose with scissors for cross stitch. While I know they have the potential to do harm, how are these skills supposed to be passed on to the next generation?

Chalet School Fan
27-08-2012, 09:07 AM
BTW - for the many cat lovers among you. DH has also come home from two funerals with unwanted moggies as he is known as a cat lover and there was no-one else who would take on the cat. So Munro and Kempis joined the long line of Vicarage cats with their vast jungle of garden territory - not to mention the fields behind.

snowflake
27-08-2012, 09:14 AM
Awww! How lovely! Mx

suban
27-08-2012, 02:35 PM
Love it!!! Vicarage cats!!!!

How silly about the knitting needles!!!!

Glad at least the kits aren't being just thrown out!!!

craftycat
27-08-2012, 02:47 PM
Love the story of your new cats Chalet.

I have also inherited craft items from people who have passed on. One lovely cat embroidery been bought by a lady I got to know when we always seemed to be catching the same bus. This was not long after my husband died and she was very caring. We got chatting about cats and crafting of course. About two years ago now she died quite suddenly. Next time I met her husband on the bus he had been carrying the embroidery around with him as he knew he would see me and thought I would like to have it.

It made up into a lovely cushion and, of course, takes pride of place in my home

craftycat
27-08-2012, 02:54 PM
I'll get it out in the morning and work out which room to do, I think it will be a bedroom!

It's this one http://www.atlascraft.co.uk/p55285/Pako-Cross-Stitch-Kit---The-Dolls-House/b0-2607-2607 (looks a bit blurry in the photo)

I bought it for about £40 I think! It is 49 x 64cm (19¼ x 25in) design size: 36 x 46cm (14 x 18in) - not sure it's quite as big as I thought, but it's pretty big.

I nearly did one on 26 count evenweave!

LOL ROC, that dolls house is my next project. I bought it ages ago, Really need to get some more done to my actual dolls house too. I've got three furniture kits and two people kits waiting to be tackled.

Rentochops
27-08-2012, 10:16 PM
:) I couldn't find it this morning and then got distracted!

Chalet School Fan
27-08-2012, 10:59 PM
Love it!!! Vicarage cats!!!!

How silly about the knitting needles!!!!

Glad at least the kits aren't being just thrown out!!!

They have to be sociable animals to cope with living here. When couples come to put up their banns they are usually well-inspected by one of the moggies and as they don't like to be left out of the process. And they're probably better prepared for baptism than most the children's parents because they've heard the talk so often.:).

suban
28-08-2012, 05:15 AM
They're probably shrewd judges of the happy couples and new parents!

I have visions of one of the cats acting as stand-in if OH is double-booked!!!!

Chalet School Fan
28-08-2012, 07:12 AM
We don't live that close to the church, but we occasionally have had local cats who wander into the services when the door is left open in summer (prob because DH makes friends with them). I have sat through Evensong with a cat on my lap and at one wedding the same cat was wandering around the couple as they signed the register!
When I ask DH which of his flock he has visited he always starts by talking about their pets before he mentions the humans, so they probably do feel part of the congregation.

suban
28-08-2012, 02:50 PM
I know most people on the estate by their animals!!!!

Chalet School Fan
28-08-2012, 02:55 PM
DH was conducting his uncle's wedding in a a village church in Berkshire. I looked down as the couple were making their vows to see a small mouse running around their feet. I've heard the expression 'poor as a church mouse' but I've never seen one attending a service before!

suban
28-08-2012, 03:57 PM
AAAAWWWWWW!!!!! Maybe it was hoping for some wedding cake!!!

RozMinis
28-08-2012, 08:30 PM
Aw bless, the poor wee mousie. Not that I would give it much of a chance with my two. They may be only fourteen and a bit weeks old, but a mouse wouldn't stand a chance. Now spiders...............

I always wanted to do that dolls house design, but it was one of those never got around to buying things. I bought this http://www.crossstitchers.co.uk/product.php?xProd=4824 a couple of weeks ago. Dot was having one of her 25% off sales, and I just couldn't resist all those trees and swans.

One thing that gets my goat with minis is that only children over the age of 14 should be allowed to 'play' with 1/12th scale items. How stupid is that, especially as some of the toys that are designed for children as young as three and a bit have pointy things on them. I reckon most parents, except the totally dim ones, of which there are some around the Barnsley area, know what is suitable for a child of a certain age, and what isn't.

Roz

Can't believe young people aren't allowed to buy knitting needles and stuff. Ye gawds, I was about seven when I first used a sewing machine, t'was an old treadle that belonged to my grandma. Must have been eleven when I first used an electric machine. Can't remember how old I was when I first started knitting, probably about six or seven, ditto crochet. Honestly, this is 'elf and safety gone way too far.

Chalet School Fan
28-08-2012, 08:36 PM
I agree.
Must admit I was gobsmacked when the girls told me because I was the one who had told them it would be good for them to buy their own equipment. Providing them with those dangerous knitting needles makes me feel like some kind of "pusher" of illegal items!

RozMinis
28-08-2012, 08:42 PM
I agree.
Must admit I was gobsmacked when the girls told me because I was the one who had told them it would be good for them to buy their own equipment. Providing them with those dangerous knitting needles makes me feel like some kind of "pusher" of illegal items!

Bonkers it is. You are even teaching them how to handle their money and spend it wisely too.

Roz

Chalet School Fan
28-08-2012, 08:46 PM
Back to cats - our Kempis catches anything that moves. He killed a cock pheasant which had taken up residence in the garden to escape from the local shoot; it was a murder 3 months in the planning as Kempis watched this large bird strutting his stuff in feline territory but a farm-bred cat always gets his man, even if it is the closed season for game! Fortunately we came across the crime scene just after it happened so we could scoop the poor deceased bird up and take it to some friends who prepared it for the pot.
William, on the other hand, couldn't catch a mouse if you put it right in front of him. Left to his own devices he would probably starve - unless Kempis was prepared to share his kills with his great friend!

suban
29-08-2012, 05:15 AM
I could never manage those little needles you used to get with kiddie knitting kits, so Mam always used to give me a pair of her knitting needles. Come to think of it, can't remember a time when I didn't craft in some form. When really wee I used to love playing with Fuzzy felt kits, plasticene, moving on to playdoh (when you could only get three colours), painting by numbers. Every Christmas was the same request, paints, sticky shapes, crayons, black sugar paper books. Later went on to plasticraft and enamelcraft. Jings what a trip down memory lane!

RozMinis
29-08-2012, 07:01 PM
Sounds just like me Susan. My mum's half sister had one of those toy sewing machines, Margaret was only about four yrars older than me by the way. I really, really wanted one of those machines. Never did get one, but a couple of years down the line and I got to play with my grandma's treadle. Just as soon as I could reach the treadle with my feet, that was it, I was hooked. No idea what the heck I stitched, but I know I was never off the thing. I was most put out when I went to St Peter's School in Leeds and was expected to use a hand machine, and to prove that I could handle it, I had to sew circles on paper. Meeee who had been using that treadle for at least four years. I was very far from being gruntled I can tell you, seriously disgruntled in fact! :(

All my fluffits have been killers, some more than others. Jinks was a ratter, and living on a farm there was a never ending supply of them. Don't think he actually needed to chase them though. Being ginger he hid in the straw, then grabbed 'em when they went past. He also had a go at the farm dogs, didn't exactly kill them, they were a lot bigger than him, but by heck, he left his mark. He would pin them into a corner and then let 'em have it, teeth, claws, the lot. He didn't go for all dogs, if a woofit knew its manners, and who was the boss, then there wasn't a problem. He also adored fluffits, even tried to feed the last one himself. He wasn't keen on mice, they didn't have any street cred, let others have a go at those. Figaro (Figgy for short) was also a ratter, but also like the odd bunny.

Lucy, originally called Lucifer, was a bunny hunter, she would bag half a dozen before lunch, then go out and murder another half dozen in the afternoon. I think she used to go down the rabbit holes and hoick them out as she was always rather grubby. All the others tended to catch mice, shrews or voles mostly. The local pheasant was a welcome guest, as was the woodpeckers, and the couple of hens we had at one time, so they were not molested by assorted kitties.

The present fluffits are going to be homebirds only. Though 'himself' is going to make it so they can go into part of the back garden - eventually! ;)

Roz

RozMinis
29-08-2012, 07:05 PM
Oh nearly forgot. Got my etui kit this afternoon from Jane herself, along with the packet of gold plated needles, the mini scissors, and a freebie kit of a pussy cat. As usual I forgot the freebie, which makes being a member of the Guild, and buying directly from her, even better value. :)

Roz

suban
29-08-2012, 07:29 PM
The free gifts are wonderful, and really save you more money than C&C!

Rentochops
29-08-2012, 07:37 PM
I could never manage those little needles you used to get with kiddie knitting kits, so Mam always used to give me a pair of her knitting needles. Come to think of it, can't remember a time when I didn't craft in some form. When really wee I used to love playing with Fuzzy felt kits, plasticene, moving on to playdoh (when you could only get three colours), painting by numbers. Every Christmas was the same request, paints, sticky shapes, crayons, black sugar paper books. Later went on to plasticraft and enamelcraft. Jings what a trip down memory lane!

oh Suban I had a Playdoh hair salon it was fab you pushed the Playdoh into the person and it came out of holes in their heads and then there was a mould so you could style their hair :) - sorry happy memory!

Truly
29-08-2012, 07:41 PM
I bought the Playdoh Barber's Shop for my DD when she was about 4 or 5 I think!! Spookily, she is a hairdresser!!! xx

suban
29-08-2012, 07:42 PM
I had the fun factory. Loved the smell of it - a bit like marzipan!!!

Rentochops
29-08-2012, 07:49 PM
I had the fun factory. Loved the smell of it - a bit like marzipan!!!

I had that too (wasn't spolit shared with Sis), they've just re-released it for their 50th birthday, I liked the smell too :)

suban
29-08-2012, 07:58 PM
Tempted to buy a tub - see if the smell's still there!!!

Rentochops
29-08-2012, 10:34 PM
Love it Truly, does she have that on her CV?

Go on then Suban, dare you! Maybe someone on here has a child or grandchild who could send you some?

suban
30-08-2012, 05:41 AM
Truly, I could imagine that on a CV - with a tag "It's my Mam's fault!"

Spendsloads
31-08-2012, 11:15 AM
My niece has a play doh set and it doesn't smell like I remember it smelling when I had it.

Thameside, I have the i-stitch programme but haven't yet used it to chart a photo. I did use a previous version of JG's charting software and that did a very good job of charting. I did need an awful lot of different colours though.

Chalet School Fan
31-08-2012, 12:18 PM
I think it's like the board pens I used when I first started teaching - you got hooked on smelling them as you wrote on the board and the kids could do anything they liked cos you didn't care anymore!

There was glue we used at primary school that came in small plastic tubs with a spatula insde the lid. That smelt of almonds - it always reminded me of my aunt's particularly yummy Dundee cake.

suban
31-08-2012, 05:38 PM
Whiteboard markers were addictive!!!!

RozMinis
31-08-2012, 07:20 PM
Has anyone used JG i-stitch programe, i was looking at it the other day and was wondering if it is any good at charting photos, i would love to chart a picture of my little boy, and wondered if her programe was ok?

It is a brilliant program, worth it for the charts that are on it, and the shade cards. I bought the original program when it cost round about £30, followed it up with the Professional version at £400+ - don't faint! The photo charting was pretty good in those days, but the new program, which cost less than the originl, which was on two five and a bit floppy disks, is far superior.

Just make sure your photos are good quality, but not squillions of dots to the inch, or it will come out huge, or lose too much definition if reduced in size. I know Jane always says don't try importing a white dog in the snow, asa all you will get will be shades of grey! As well as reducing the size, reduce the number of colours used, as they can get out of hand.

One thing I forgot to mention is that you can only import BMP files, so you will need to have some sort of software in which to change photos from jpg's to BMP's, which tend to be larger in size.

Roz

suban
31-08-2012, 10:33 PM
Think Windows Paint will save jpg to bmp!

suban
01-09-2012, 05:02 PM
As the Koala Brothers say "We're here to help"!

RozMinis
04-09-2012, 07:22 PM
As the Koala Brothers say "We're here to help"!

Oh I lurve those Koala Brothers, haven't seen 'em on for ages though. :( I could cheerfully kick Mitzy, she is a bit of a bully, especially where Ned is concerned. But I guess that shows how well written it is. I know it is the same with actors, if they get my dander up, then it shows they are doing their job properly. Even better when the same actor is playing both parts. One is so horrible that I can't believe it is even the same actor.

Never thought of using Paint, probably because in all the years I have used a computer, Paint is one of those things I have never used.

Roz

suban
05-09-2012, 05:09 AM
I feel the same about Mitzy!!! BBC2 have been showing it on a morning. One of the singalong songs we used to do!!! Sad aren't we. Also love Channel 5's Wotwots!

RozMinis
06-09-2012, 06:13 PM
Love the Chuckle Brothers as well. Something decent had to come from Rotherham I guess! ;)

No stitching done today, been feeling soooo tired after a bad night. :( Shame too as I had made a start on another of the card designs on the piece of glittery Aida. Not too many to go now, about five I think, plus whatever I can do where there is a small stain. Can't complain as I was given the fabric, so if I can't do anything with it, then no matter. :)

Roz

Roz

snowflake
06-09-2012, 06:22 PM
Hope you have a better night tonight Roz Mx

suban
06-09-2012, 08:01 PM
Yeah - hope tonight's better for you!

RozMinis
11-09-2012, 05:50 PM
Had some decent sleeps over the past few nights, though a pair of little furry people would much rather I didn't. Having said that, I fell asleep this afternoon in the chair. Was the telly soooo boring?

Roz

suban
12-09-2012, 05:10 AM
Missed all of Hells Ktichen, woke up briefly at 2.45am, then woke at 5.00, cos someone wanted his breakfast!

RozMinis
12-09-2012, 05:48 PM
Had a visit from the window cleaner this morning, two scared out of their wits fluffits hid under the chair. Inky spent all morning under it, only coming out for food. She obviously decided I was inconsiderate enough to keep getting out of my chair for drink/food/loo breaks yesterday, so spent the afternoon on her blanket.

Managed to finish another Chrissy card, and begin another. Less than three to go now. :)

Roz

suban
12-09-2012, 06:22 PM
Timmy is terified of the window cleaner as well - he has improved somewhat but given the chance will run under the bed!!!

RozMinis
12-09-2012, 06:53 PM
Aw bless. My brood are banned from the bedroom during the day. Not that they could get under the bed anyway, it is one of those with drawers, so goes down virtually to the floor. They are adept at getting under the wardrobe, though Oscar is finding it a bit of a struggle as he is growing at a rapid rate. Inky eats twice as much, yet is far smaller, hardly more than half his size. Think we should have called her Blitzen as she is like lightening. The way Oscar thunders around he should have been called Donder!

Roz

suban
13-09-2012, 05:01 AM
Whoever thought cats move around quietly has evidently never had one in their house!!!!

RozMinis
13-09-2012, 05:44 PM
They do wrestle quietly, but ye gawds, once they start running around............. just glad we don't live in a flat, especially if it was an upstairs one. Inky frightened the life out of Oscar this afternoon. 'Himself' had take out both litter trays to empty them and put in fresh kitty litter. Inky decided I needed to be told, not that I didn't know, but she has to make sure I know about these things. Well, can she meow! Oscar shot three foot in the air and hid under the chair, he is such a wimp. He has the most feminine of meows, not much above a squeak really. If it wasn't for the things at the back I would swear he was female.

Finished another Christmas card today, made a start on the penultimate one. :)

Roz

suban
13-09-2012, 06:40 PM
Making a ruffle yarn cushion cover to cover cushion pad I found - makes a change from scarves! Oscar over the back to us has a very high pitched mew as well!! I love the way they have to inform you of what's happening, it's just like being escorted to the loo!

RozMinis
14-09-2012, 05:40 PM
On my last Chrissy card, for the moment. Should have it finished tomorrow, then I will grid out the material for the Advent calendar.

Oscar's turn to be deloused today. Not that either he or Inky have any, but they get done every alternate fortnight just to make sure. Will do the same with the worming thingies.

Roz

suban
14-09-2012, 07:27 PM
Poor wee fluffits!!!!

The vet worms his lordship regularly as part of his medicare plan.

RozMinis
15-09-2012, 05:58 PM
These flea thingies seem to be much better than previous ones. Neither of 'em seem to notice it going onto their skin. I know they have changed to ampule, much easier to squeeze than the old type. The previous stuff must have been cold or something though as they all made a fuss. Have to do it every month, but as they don't go out there shouldn't be anything to kill. Fleas also cause worms, or so I have been led to believe, so if they don't have fleas, they should have worms either. Will still do them though, but I seem to remember it says every three months on the pack.

Finished my last card today. Just need to press the material and cut the designs out now. That is going to have to wait a wee while as I'm gridding out the material for Jane's Advent calendar. Also need to photocopy the chart and coulour it in. I find it easier to work from colour charts with symbols, I'm greedy, can't just have one or t'other. ;) Have to get it done before Monday as I need to take it with me to the stitching group. Don't need to colour all the chart, just the bits I will be working on to begin with.

Roz

suban
16-09-2012, 05:42 AM
Good luck with the colouring in and measuring out!!! Someone decided to hellp with the cushion cover, now I've got a load of stitches to pick up!!!!

RozMinis
16-09-2012, 06:18 PM
Did the colouring in, sort of, some bits I didn't bother with as the symbols were pretty obvious. Found a few errors on the chart, the odd stitch where it shouldn't have been. Not sure about using blue on two out of three holly leaves on one particular motif, think I will change that so that all three leaves are in two shades of green. There are a few other colours I'm not happy with, so will probably end up using DMC colours.

Not sure what the threads are in the kit. I know they aren't DMC as I know their numbers off by heart, well most of 'em anyway. I know Jane tends to use Madeira, so I am assuming that is what they are. I was also thinking about working something on the red Aida border as it looks a bit bland as it is. Not sure if I will managed to do it this year, but I have some plain white matchboxes, well matchbox shapes anyway, that I thought I would cover with Christmas paper, then cross stitch a wee motif to stick on the top.

Think this is going to be a very long term project. Wonder if I should have waited until after Christmas, and done some smaller items instead, as in tree decorations for instance. I still have that Christmas biscornu I bought a month or two ago, need to make that twice, one for each tree. I also wanted to make a couple of boxes using perforated paper. I already have one, so perhaps I need either another one, or another three to even things up a bit. :)

Anywhooooo, the grid is now finished, I have done the bit at the top, and started on the letter A for Advent. Well it's a start! ;)

Roz

suban
17-09-2012, 05:35 AM
Still got snowmen and angels on plastic canvass from a few years ago - may have a bash at getting them done for next year. No longer bothered about getting stuff done for this year.

RozMinis
17-09-2012, 06:41 PM
I've several tree ornaments that are worked on 14 count plastic canvas that need to be worked. The trouble is there is a limit on just how much cross stitch I want on my trees, especially as I have other hand made wotsit I want to make. All those Pinflair goodies for instance. Haven't even looked at those since I checked on what was in the box. Still got some Bucilla ornaments that could be made as well. Can't understand why I haven't finished those. I know I didn't think they were as good as the Santa ornaments and the larger Bucilla kits, but are still pretty good. Wonder where I put them. :)

Talked to Christine at the stitching group this afternoon about the Advent calendar. She agreed that that border didn't look right, but suggested I use Christmas fabric instead. Not a bad idea that as I could use the same fabric to back it with. One thing is for sure, I can't leave that border as it is, it looks soooo boring. Christine also wondered why Jane had used blue on the holly leaves. That is definitely going to be changed to green. I did wonder if it was a mistake on the chart, but the colour picture shows one leaf in two shades of green, and the other two in green and blue, so it can't be a mistake. Not happy with it anyway, so will be changing that at least.

Haven't done as much today as I would have liked, though did at least finish the letter A and half of the letter d in the word Advent. I reckon I probably do less stitching in two hours at Paper n Card on a Monday than I do in an hour at home, but at least it gets me out. This morning I think I was spaced out. I took two of my pain killers and two paracetamols before I went out this morning. Nearly had to ask the chap selling raffle tickets for the troops in Afghanistan what my name was by the time I got to the fourth ticket! Maybe just one pain killer next week, or take two paracetamols later in the morning. :)

Roz