PDA

View Full Version : QVC Take Back the Craft Title

Rentochops
07-02-2009, 10:25 AM
Well C&C must be gutted that QVC have won all the main craft titles for 2008, not so smug this year eh C&C!

Chess
07-02-2009, 10:35 AM
That gives me too much pleasure - I must get a life!!!!

alwayscrafting
07-02-2009, 11:05 AM
I don't think that 'the other channel' has made any mention of it all!
It was rammed down our throats last year

Has it been mention yet on QVC?

Julie
07-02-2009, 11:21 AM
Dawn mentioned it the other day, think the big announcement is next week.

Tolly
07-02-2009, 11:55 AM
Dawn mentioned it on todays show.

QVC won the best tv channel for craft, website and one other I think it was retailer for craft or mail order.

Dawn won best designer and her shop won too.

A very fair result I think! :D

Dips
07-02-2009, 11:55 AM
I saw it on the QVC website last week, I think in the blog/news section. I must admit to having a little chuckle! But, I also think it is a bit silly having a category for Best Craft TV Shopping, I mean there are only 2 options.

lolathelamb
07-02-2009, 11:58 AM
I am pleased for QVC & DB, think it is well deserved praise. But I get a bit niggled when they keep asking us to vote!

Ribbons
07-02-2009, 12:08 PM
Oh, that is good news :) I know there are only two channels but this certainly keeps them on their toes and prevents complacency. Overall this year I think QVC deserve the award - over to you C&C!

Rentochops
07-02-2009, 12:19 PM
Oh, that is good news :) I know there are only two channels but this certainly keeps them on their toes and prevents complacency. Overall this year I think QVC deserve the award - over to you C&C!

Neither channel is perfect I suppose, but we are lucky to have them I guess - I just wish C&C/IW would sort out their customer service issues which have been an issue for many years now, then I would give them more credit.

It must be a bummer if you have a craft shop in the North West though cos Topaz always win and I would say Cardcraftplus and many others have a better range of craft items.

Phree
08-02-2009, 10:04 AM
I am really pleased that QVC took the awards back this year. It seems like last year's win went to IW's head BIG TIME and they thought they could get away with anything as a result. Hope they pay attention and realise that they need to buck their ideas up!

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
08-02-2009, 12:35 PM
QVC and DB do deserve it this year

Marie
08-02-2009, 01:24 PM
Well it is a bit of a nonsense when there are only 2 contenders for best TV craft channel, but QVC deserve it for their customer service and variety. There have been so many problems with C&C even in the short time I've been crafting that they didn't deserve to win. And both of them were asking for votes, so can't really criticise either of them for doing it..

Flowerpot
08-02-2009, 06:18 PM
That's great news...I done the vote but didn't know who'd won. Just hope it makes C&C realise that when you win don't make you untouchable & think you can start dishing out rubbish & tons of flaming CD'S!!! so maybe we will see better products coming through now...but I won't hold my breath.

anna_fran
08-02-2009, 09:28 PM
IW seem to have always had a worse customer service record than QVC (have to admit this isn't from personal experience - due to the bad publicity they get I've never risked ordering from them - life is too short for that much hassle). Neither are perfect but QVC have always responded to the occasional problem I've had with them after only 1 'phone call and in a timely fashion. They both have strengths and weaknesses as regard to products but much of that is down to personal preference.

However, even though I didn't vote this year, well done QVC keep up the good work but could you please give your 'experts' more time to demo without constantly being interrupted, being told to hurry up or giving us a long lingering still shot of the product whilst the demo is still in progress.

iggy
16-02-2009, 10:48 AM
That's great news...I done the vote but didn't know who'd won. Just hope it makes C&C realise that when you win don't make you untouchable & think you can start dishing out rubbish & tons of flaming CD'S!!! so maybe we will see better products coming through now...but I won't hold my breath.

here here........i do like dufex :rolleyes: BUT i dont like cd's [ well not their sort ]......4 days of one single product....b'lahhhhh
also is it juat me that thi last promotion double the michelle marsden paper mecanics [ which i bought & its great ] they are now doing a double where you get the same paper mechanics & another type one.......they are now showing how to do the one michelle demoed over & over BUT they are not showing apart from a brief glimpse of what you get......they proceed to try & sell you the flippin decoupage & all the flippin jokes....was funny for a start & now sorry its swopping channels [ maybe thats where im missing the demos ]:(

iggy
16-02-2009, 10:50 AM
However, even though I didn't vote this year, well done QVC keep up the good work but could you please give your 'experts' more time to demo without constantly being interrupted, being told to hurry up or giving us a long lingering still shot of the product whilst the demo is still in progress.
me me me i would vote for that.......MORE DEMO'S SLOWER PLEASE...we can look at the shots via .co.uk we want to SEE THEM USED :D pretty please

maisie*daisy
16-02-2009, 05:37 PM
Have to hand it to Stephanie she was big enough to say "well done to Dawn and her team". After last years crowing it must have taken a lot for her to say that.

Rentochops
16-02-2009, 06:35 PM
Have to hand it to Stephanie she was big enough to say "well done to Dawn and her team". After last years crowing it must have taken a lot for her to say that.

What programme was that on MD I'd like to see that.

maisie*daisy
16-02-2009, 07:53 PM
It was a Dufex show with the other guy,not the usual one Anthony . They were sat down and Stephanie said "we arn't award winning,not one this year Well done to Dawn and her team". She did look upset about it. If she hadnt been so OTT last year I might have felt sorry for her

Phree
16-02-2009, 08:16 PM
I saw it that too Maisie, and kudos to Stephanie for mentioning it - she could simply have said nothing.

Rainbowwand
17-02-2009, 11:17 AM
I saw it that too Maisie, and kudos to Stephanie for mentioning it - she could simply have said nothing.

Agreed, i dont think Dawn or anyone said well done to IW/CC last year,

Tolly
17-02-2009, 12:56 PM
Perhaps it was only said this year by SW for that reason. An attempt to score a few pathetic points.

Only a few months ago I remember SW and irritating Nigel acting as though they had invented "sticky dots" with Nigel even going as far as to announce that they were finally at the rightful place! This has been only one example of their smugness of the past year.

Pity they didn't remember the old adage of "pride before a fall" Huh?!