PDA

View Full Version : SHOW TIMES for Craft as a sticky

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
07-02-2009, 03:01 PM
it has come to my attention that we could do with a Craft hour topic as a sticky and i was wondering how people felt about having one,

i thought i would ask the members before i ask Graham if it is possible

that way we would not keep getting posts reminding people about hours i thought

pyjama princess
07-02-2009, 03:08 PM
Very sensible idea - can't see you'll get any 'mos' SCW!

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
07-02-2009, 03:23 PM
Very sensible idea - can't see you'll get any 'mos' SCW!

well i thought there might be a reason not to so thought i`d put it to make sure i`m covering all bases lol

lynnieb
07-02-2009, 04:27 PM
what is a sticky??

Anne
07-02-2009, 04:46 PM
what is a sticky??

A sticky is a thread that is "stuck" at the top of its section. So whenever you enter the QVC (or Dawn Bibby) section of the forum, the Show Times thread would always be at the top.

Can I just thank SCW for taking a poll of the membership on this issue before contacting Graham. Very democratic and very considerate. :)

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
07-02-2009, 04:46 PM
what is a sticky??

a sticky is quite simple to explain,

when you come to the forum and enter the qvc part of the forum the top post of it will be like this,

Sticky: Craft Hours

and it will remain at the top no matter how many posts are made

so that way we never loose track of the craft hours on QVC

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
07-02-2009, 04:48 PM
A sticky is a thread that is "stuck" at the top of its section. So whenever you enter the QVC (or Dawn Bibby) section of the forum, the Show Times thread would always be at the top.

Can I just thank SCW for taking a poll of the membership on this issue before contacting Graham. Very democratic and very considerate. :)

Aww Anne i do like to try and explain my ideas to help benefit people before i ask as i find that if i just asked then there might be some problems so i thought get the views of the members who would use it first before doing anything.

Anne
07-02-2009, 04:50 PM
Aww Anne i do like to try and explain my ideas to help benefit people before i ask as i find that if i just asked then there might be some problems so i thought get the views of the members who would use it first before doing anything.

Absolutely. Best way of doing things Ian.

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
07-02-2009, 05:14 PM
Absolutely. Best way of doing things Ian.

yeah cause i thought about this for about 2hrs and could not think of any problems so thought if anyone else could find any first lol

Marie
07-02-2009, 05:57 PM
Sounds okay to me, can't think of any reasons to say no.

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
07-02-2009, 06:10 PM
i`ve just relised my mistake on the spelling lol

pyjama princess
07-02-2009, 06:27 PM
.... can't see you'll get any 'mos' SCW!

Well I did try to point it out !!! LOL!! :D

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
07-02-2009, 07:40 PM
Well I did try to point it out !!! LOL!! :D

it happens to the best of us

Jeanette
07-02-2009, 08:09 PM
I'm neither a YES or MO!!! I only ever click on 'todays posts' or 'new posts' so a sticky would make no odds to me

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
07-02-2009, 08:09 PM
bump for everyone who has not seen this yet

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
07-02-2009, 08:10 PM
I'm neither a YES or MO!!! I only ever click on 'todays posts' or 'new posts' so a sticky would make no odds to me

acutally Jeanette if i am right in thinking this that when i update the list of hours i put hours updated as a new post and you would acutally see that i`ve put hours updated and then you`l know the hours have been updated.

Jeanette
08-02-2009, 06:47 AM
acutally Jeanette if i am right in thinking this that when i update the list of hours i put hours updated as a new post and you would acutally see that i`ve put hours updated and then you`l know the hours have been updated.

OK I think I understand what you are saying ;)

Phree
08-02-2009, 11:19 AM
I am afraid I am voting no or even "mo" on this one. Sorry SCW but IMO over the long term such a thead would become excruciatingly long and unwieldy and people would forget to look at it. When that happened, special shows such as the forthcoming Tim Holtz and Suze Weinberg visit to QVC would get lost in the morass.

I prefer that we have floating threads which allow for the specific thead to contain a title relevant to the particular show. So as in the example of Tim and Suze the title for the thread would contain their names which will draw peoples' eye to it. Then when the show is over and the chatter about it has died down the thread itself will sink out of sight as it becomes inactive.

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
08-02-2009, 01:38 PM
I am afraid I am voting no or even "mo" on this one. Sorry SCW but IMO over the long term such a thead would become excruciatingly long and unwieldy and people would forget to look at it. When that happened, special shows such as the forthcoming Tim Holtz and Suze Weinberg visit to QVC would get lost in the morass.

I prefer that we have floating threads which allow for the specific thead to contain a title relevant to the particular show. So as in the example of Tim and Suze the title for the thread would contain their names which will draw peoples' eye to it. Then when the show is over and the chatter about it has died down the thread itself will sink out of sight as it becomes inactive.

ahh but phree you never noticed what i do fully,

as once the old shows are gone i remove them from the list so it stays tidy

but there is also the idea of having a topic for the show as well but that wont be a sticky,

basically there will be the sticky at the top and then below it will be a floating topic to disuss the show and then once the chatter about it has died then the topic will sink. but basically for the special shows like TH and that then there will be a seperate topic

or thats the plan i had

lynnieb
08-02-2009, 02:47 PM
thanks 4 the explaination. i think its a grand idea. i'll say yes to that.

Anne
08-02-2009, 02:54 PM

I understand what you're saying Phree, but we would still have the threads for our chat about the individual shows. The sticky thread would just be a list of dates and titles for the coming month or so.

Edit. Just to add that I'm not trying to get you to change your mind or anything. We're all entitled to our views. :)

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
08-02-2009, 03:03 PM
I understand what you're saying Phree, but we would still have the threads for our chat about the individual shows. The sticky thread would just be a list of dates and titles for the coming month or so.

Edit. Just to add that I'm not trying to get you to change your mind or anything. We're all entitled to our views. :)

thanks Anne you explained that better than i put it

Mrs D
08-02-2009, 04:56 PM
I think it would be a good idea as I don't get on here as often as I would like just now and I would hate to miss a show like Glenda's or Tim's so I could have a quick check of the list SCW does every time I come in. When the threads are floating I don't always look down far enough to find them and I wouldn't know if there were any to find IYSWIM

Mrs D
08-02-2009, 05:01 PM
So I forgot to say - would this thread be on it's own? Like not in DB or SW threads cos the sticky would be covering all channels?

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
08-02-2009, 05:11 PM
So I forgot to say - would this thread be on it's own? Like not in DB or SW threads cos the sticky would be covering all channels?

Good Question Mrs D

the answer would be it would only be in the QVC section as i only seem to do them hours but if it gets popular i could expand it with help