PDA

View Full Version : Spellbinders Pick of the Day Again and Toreads are making a comeback.

morgana123
22-09-2012, 10:11 AM
Now I love my spellbinders - truly I do and I was over the moon when they re-did the POTW as a POTD with a couple of different dies as I missed out the first time cos I was skint. And this week I ordered some of the christmas dies and Mbossabilities from the blockbuster.

But last night I was wandering through the EPG for the next week and guess what - the Pick of the Day is Spellbinders again. The positive - more shows to record and more fabulous demonstrations but really Create and Craft - do you think we crafters arent hit by the recession as well.

Come on - what about a POTD or POTW that doesnt cost an arm and a leg so we can indulge without having to live on bread and water for weeks lol.

And next weeks Pick of The Week is showing as Toreads - do you all remember those cute imps - my eldest daughter loved them and I still have quite a few sheets we bought when my local craft shop closed down.

Deborah O'D
22-09-2012, 10:20 AM
You are so right about Spellbinders they are great but expensive x

Rentochops
22-09-2012, 10:22 AM
I've got Toreads - bet it's Crafter Companion as the sheets are made by Reddy!

LoobyLou
22-09-2012, 10:24 AM
My friend is mad on the Toreads. I used to have a few for decoupaging, but I don't know where they went.

As for the Spellbinders, have to agree, but they must make sales or they wouldn't have the hours devoted to it. So they must just be grabbing new customers all the time. I guess eventually there will come a saturation point, but not yet

suban
22-09-2012, 06:37 PM
Lots of places are having spellbinder sales - maybe the revolt has begun, or maybe people are sick of the big bundles C&C offer. Sorry Toreads don't float my boat!

Dax
22-09-2012, 07:20 PM
Received an email from C&C advertising free p&p on certain products and a world exclusive Spellbinder's Pick on the Day Tuesday 9pm Ideal World. 'Be the first to own the pick of the day' is says.

The free p&p is on 100 items including DB, Bazzill Basics Paper, American Crafts and Studio Calico.

Sharon Duncan
23-09-2012, 09:10 AM
I love Toreads. I made these 2 pics using 3d frames I got in a sale.

They now hang proudly in my downstairs loo.

Rentochops
23-09-2012, 10:31 AM
they are great Sharon, I love Toreads too and wanted to do the same as you...off to look for box frames :)

Did you emboss the backgrounds or are the papers from your CD?

lynnieb
23-09-2012, 12:53 PM
They creep me out those little imps

LoobyLou
23-09-2012, 01:47 PM
Sharon they are so cute. Love what you have done with the 3d Frames. Such a shame they are consigned to the loo though, lol

Sharon Duncan
23-09-2012, 02:31 PM
they are great Sharon, I love Toreads too and wanted to do the same as you...off to look for box frames :)

Did you emboss the backgrounds or are the papers from your CD?

The papers are from a kit I got years ago, its like handmade paper with lumps and threads of gold/silver.

Sure I've got some somewhere, will send you a bundle if you like.

Sharon Duncan
23-09-2012, 02:33 PM
Sharon they are so cute. Love what you have done with the 3d Frames. Such a shame they are consigned to the loo though, lol

They brighten the place up, a reall talking point as each one is like a little story. Young love trying to blossim with an annoying wee brother in the background lol

craftycat
23-09-2012, 02:34 PM
Think your pics are lovely Sharon. Like Lynnie though, I just don't like the characters.

sam
23-09-2012, 04:55 PM
I think that they are an acquired taste (not one that I've acquired):cheeky:

RozMinis
23-09-2012, 06:12 PM
Lots of places are having spellbinder sales - maybe the revolt has begun, or maybe people are sick of the big bundles C&C offer. Sorry Toreads don't float my boat!

Afraid they don't float mine either. :(

I haven't bought any of the big bundles from C & C, mainly because there are always some I don't want, or even dislike. For instance they have these Christmas sets on at the moment, not huge sets I grant you, but in each lot I have two of the four sets, but would have the other two if I was given them free, gratis, and for nowt. I'm more than happy to wait a wee while until I can get them from Icon, or even on eBay. I have seen some great deals on there, and like Icon, they also offer free postage. I like that word free, gotta be one of my favourite words, along with Bucilla, cross stitch and Donegal. ;)

Roz