PDA

View Full Version : Is it me or has C&C gone off?

lee
20-10-2012, 09:08 AM
There seems so little to watch thses days there seems less stamping shows on...not into the cooking ones and love sewing but nothing of interest to me...the art ones are a bit mmmmm...whats occuring.....its me isn't it?:grin:

englishminx
20-10-2012, 09:14 AM
I agree, unless its a stamping show, or sue wilson, i dont watch anything. Have to say there never appears cricut shows anymore, but I am really really bored by so many debbi moore, do crafts, and crafters companion shows, the POTW's, dont appeal to me at all.

kinglake
20-10-2012, 09:17 AM
I think they are trying to cater for a wider audience,i quite like that they do a range of different crafts.jo

Granny Penny
20-10-2012, 09:22 AM
I think the answer is both yes and no. The time they are covering is greater and they are covering many more crafts which is all very good. However, if you are just a paper crafter who at one time knew that if C & C was on there would be a programme you would probably enjoy if you switched on - that has gone. I also think that, with the new crafts, they are prepared to work with smaller companies whereas they have been paper crafting for so much longer they want to make life easier and also make sure there is enough stock so they are working with larger companies.

Jacksmissis
20-10-2012, 09:35 AM
There seems so little to watch thses days there seems less stamping shows on...not into the cooking ones and love sewing but nothing of interest to me...the art ones are a bit mmmmm...whats occuring.....its me isn't it?:grin:

:mysmilie_492:

No Lee, its not just you chuck, I think the same.

craftycat
20-10-2012, 09:37 AM
I would love to see stamping and getting messy 24/7 but realise there are other interests to be catered for. I do a whole lot of other crafts but they TV demos don't attract me.

There are some good shows though. The Spellbinders with Leonie last night was an absolute joy, mainly because she was hyper. To be fair she did admit it but she really raised my flagging spirits. As far as rubber stamping is concerned, dozens of amazing brands that are never given the light of day (see our That's Crafty thread). Having said that, the suppliers would probably not be able to provide the stock required by C&C

kriskros
20-10-2012, 10:24 AM
I think the same too, look at the schedule in the morning and realise I have not got too much that I 'must' watch, but they do have to cater for more than just paper crafting!

Muffintop
20-10-2012, 10:50 AM
Not a lot of the programmes this week have interested me, not even Joanna S and I love her stuff. I think it must be very difficult, as other posts have said, to fill the extra hours. Kudos to C&C for bringing other crafts to the screen even if they don't interest me. I've got my sewing head on at the moment but even the sewing machine programmes bored me. Wendy Poole was quite interesting on the Tilda Hour as she made them differently, loved her knitting needle for turning inside out.

Once complaint I do have is that C&C switch their programmes around. I missed the quilting show last Sunday as the DVD didn't record it properly through Freeview for some reason (works for all other bliddy progs). It was supposed to be on Sky at 1am in the morning so OH duly set the recorder but it had been changed to Spellbinders so I didn't get to see what looked a very interesting programme. :sad:

Samsfriendjean
20-10-2012, 11:17 AM
I have no problem with the different crafts, and obviously they can't fill all their hours with papercrafting, even if I would like it.

What I don't like are POTW and four day deals that go on, and on, and on, the only difference being a variation in the demos. And my really big hate is sales ... any sales, summer sales, winter sales, budgies first birthday sales .. you get the drift. Most of it is the stuff they can't get rid of, and anything thats good is sold out by the time I get to watch it (I record all the programmes and then whizz through them later in the day).

Moan over - my best programme this week was 'Stamping with Chloe' - she's so talented and her cards are beautiful.

purplicious
20-10-2012, 12:43 PM
We are on at 2pm on Tuesday in 'Dawn & Friends' and then we have a Paper Clinic all about inkpads on 12th November.

Best wishes
Stamp Addicts

Deefersmum
20-10-2012, 01:37 PM

I've hardly watched anything for days and, risking being shot down, I am sick of the sight of Sara and all things Crafters Companion.

Jacksmissis
20-10-2012, 02:00 PM
I've hardly watched anything for days and, risking being shot down, I am sick of the sight of Sara and all things Crafters Companion.

ha!ha!ha! - You'll be sent to the tower now deefy - he!he!he!

pammyw
20-10-2012, 02:28 PM
I agree also, I use to watch ALL the time but I suppose things have to change?

keiko1
20-10-2012, 02:33 PM
have only watched Clarity stamps and caught part of Gina (Dorset button lady) and Ali of course, other than that we have watched NCIS and caught up with the dreaded H word!!!
Sugar crafting wouldn't be any use here as we would eat more than we would use lol

suban
20-10-2012, 04:04 PM
I blame my mojo malfunctioning!!!

craftycat
20-10-2012, 04:07 PM
We are on at 2pm on Tuesday in 'Dawn & Friends' and then we have a Paper Clinic all about inkpads on 12th November.

Best wishes
Stamp Addicts

Yippee.

Sorry you weren't able to be at the Cardiff show earlier this month but it clashed with Harrogate didn't it! Will be really good to have a paper clinic about ink pads

Millburn
20-10-2012, 05:07 PM
I think as well we've gone from a couple of hours a day to 12 live hours a day, so where it was a must now it's "if I have the time and aren't busy, because something similar will be on later in the week"

copsie_girl
20-10-2012, 05:22 PM
It's not been too bad in my opinion. Loved that show with Chloe stamps where the guest just ignored Dean's daft comments and just carried on demo'ing over his antics. More please :) The Gina B show with the tassels etc was interesting even if it wasn't my cup of tea to buy. Ali Reeve and the other Ali (blonde hair) were on as well and they were good. Sara and Leonie have been getting mostly the off button just now as they've been on too much.

CG

Julie
20-10-2012, 05:33 PM
I enjoyed the tassel show, even noted the item numbers down but I have a feeling the tassel I imagined I could make in my head was a bit advanced for a first timer so persuaded myself out of it.

maisie*daisy
20-10-2012, 06:19 PM
Loved the origami show today . Just watched recording . Quite glad things sold out wanted it all. Hope it's at NEC xx

Deefersmum
20-10-2012, 07:24 PM

ha!ha!ha! - You'll be sent to the tower now deefy - he!he!he!

Don't mind - Tower of London - naughty step - whatever - as long as I can have the remote control :devil:

RozMinis
20-10-2012, 07:49 PM
Don't get me worng I like a variety of crafts, but I sometimes think what is needed is a variety of guests too. Take parchment crafting as an example. Now I love Tina's stuff, but, I would also like to learn more from the delights of Pauline Loweth (Parchment Express) or even from Christine herself. Both bring something totally different to the art of parchment.

It is the same with knitting. On the whole all we see are scarves, scarves, and yet more bliddy scarves, with perhaps the odd beanie or wrist warmers chucked in. What flippin' use wrist warmers are is beyond me, it has always been my fingers that get cold, not my wrists.

Other crafts are the same, more variety of the same craft is what is needed, with the addition of some different crafts. Today for instance the three craft shows that I found worth watching was the origami show, followed by the Decopatch one (they were at Leeds yesterday) and the SAA show. Didn't see the latter as the gee gees got in the way. As I had five of the six winners at the jumping meetings you will understand why! ;)

Fed up of the POTW, 4 Day Deals, and others of that ilk, four days seem to go on forever, well a lot longer than four days anyway.

Roz

Susan W
20-10-2012, 11:12 PM
Me too Lee. I love anything to do with stamping. I realise they need to cater for everyone, and that's great, but every time I switch on it seems to be the pick of the week or the four day deal which always seem to be card packs.
A four day deal of Lost Coast Designs or Octopodestamps would make me deliriously happy (but make every one else switch off) :grin:

Flowerpot
21-10-2012, 12:11 AM
I too am a stamper... Was the very first thing I brought & I still have that stamp some 15 years later :) Although they try & show lots of different hobbies/crafts I don't think they show that much stamping. What they do show though is tones of pop n stick shows... yep I know loads like it other wise they would sell um, so may bees we need to be mad at the PnS people for keeping it on the TV, lol :cheeky: :bandit:

sam
21-10-2012, 08:26 AM
I agree that it's good of C&C to show other crafts, the trouble is if you only like papercrafting (like me) the schedule seems to be dominated with the likes of Hunkdory, Crafters Companion, Spellbinders D-lites, Debbi Moore, there doesn't need to be POW, POD, 4 day deals, blockbusters etc it makes boring viewing (my opinion).

craftycat
21-10-2012, 09:09 AM
Looks like I've missed some shows I would have enjoyed. Really must learn to check out the schedules

suban
21-10-2012, 12:41 PM
Loved the quilting show this morning!!!

lee
21-10-2012, 03:23 PM
apart from Ali and Hels not much to watch FED UP NOW......

Rentochops
21-10-2012, 03:30 PM
I was thinking the opposite to be honest, I liked the painting yesterday and the orgami and decoupatch - the only shows that drive me crazy are ones where they show you how to use a sewing machine...not exciting.

suban
21-10-2012, 05:45 PM
I would like a bigger range of guests as well - everyone has their own techniques and I'd love to experiment with the variety!

Rentochops
21-10-2012, 05:48 PM
I think it depends on how much you watch to be honest, I once watched it for 4 days solid when off sick and was nearly mad with it, now I only see at most an hour or two a day so it's not too bad, though saying that, I was truly sick of seeing the Debbi Moore POTW as it seemed to be repeated at 10pm every night when I watch!

RozMinis
21-10-2012, 06:28 PM
Loved the quilting show this morning!!!

Missed it, didn't crawl out of the sack until nearly half past eight. I seem to be getting worse, must be a winter thing, though having this infernal cold isn't exactly helping. Need to get up earlier tomorrow that's for sure, ditto next Thursday.

I reckon even stamping shows need to be different peeps. Ali for instance does different stuff to Barbara, and Nikki is completely different again. I reckon it would be very boring if we only had one of the three. There are others of course, but those three ladies were the ones that sprung to mind as being totally different from each other.

Roz

bisto kid
21-10-2012, 09:27 PM
I totally agree, I don`t watch as often any more. By the way, I love your ginger cat, he/she is the double of mine.

Rentochops
21-10-2012, 09:41 PM
Well Sheena is on the mend, it would be nice to see Jayne N as well, I don't complain about Crafter's Companion as they have helped both these ladies and I like Reddy and some of their CD's, but to be honest would much rather see Leanne. Sara behaves like a presenter, going on about flexi- pay etc and she can speed craft, however, she did an upside down card today and I could tell as she was doing it. Sara is a bit hyper and if you pair her with a similar presenter it's just too much to watch!

ChelseaGirl
22-10-2012, 03:36 PM
Everytime I tune in it's Sara, Sara's Crafter's Companion mega bumper deal, two day deal, three day members only deal, best deal ever deal, deal of the week, deal of the year, deal of the millenium. She must be doing very well, like her though, always cheerful but then so would I be with all those deals :)

Granny Penny
22-10-2012, 04:54 PM
I noticed there was no Craft o'clock or whatever it's called on Ideal World this everning. It's not a programme I watch normally but I think it started as a 2 hour programme and then went down to 1 hour and now ... it's disappearing.

I wonder if there is just not so much money being spent on craft - or rather on the expensive/repetitive stuff.

Wid27
22-10-2012, 06:23 PM
I haven't watched much lately, too much of Sara and Leonie!!!

RozMinis
22-10-2012, 07:34 PM
Haven't watched anything today. Of course I have been out most of the day, and I don't watch the telly at all during the evening. It is one room, and my laptop is in another! ;)

I've checked on what is on the rest of the week, not impressed enough to watch. Can't find Jane Greenoff anywhere either. :(

I had forgotten Sheena when listing the stampers. She is different again to the three I had previously mentioned. There are many others of course, including Leanne, though her style is similar to Nikki, just different brand of pens. :)

Roz

suban
22-10-2012, 08:44 PM
Yep - disappointed there was no Craft O'clock!

Chalet School Fan
22-10-2012, 08:44 PM
I've been too busy at work to watch much, but the little I've seen hasn't really grabbed me. Spent a lot in the members' event, but that was on things I wanted, like Promarkers so I didn't bother to watch the programmes. Too much Crafters' Companion for my needs/tastes. There is only so much purple I can watch!

Sue
23-10-2012, 01:18 PM
I just checked the schedule and was pleased to see that a Stamp Addicts show had just started.

Which was nice. :nod:

Erm, imagine my, erm, disappointment, when I, erm, saw, who the, erm, presenter, erm was.

Now, the erm, TV is off, erm, again. :headbang:

I bet the, erm, sales for this, erm, hour, are lower than, erm, usual, for a Stamp Addicts, erm, show.

Comfrey
23-10-2012, 01:48 PM
I just checked the schedule and was pleased to see that a Stamp Addicts show had just started.

Which was nice. :nod:

Erm, imagine my, erm, disappointment, when I, erm, saw, who the, erm, presenter, erm was.

Now, the erm, TV is off, erm, again. :headbang:

I bet the, erm, sales for this, erm, hour, are lower than, erm, usual, for a Stamp Addicts, erm, show.
WOW! That must be irritating lol

craftycat
23-10-2012, 02:11 PM
WOW! erm,

I watched, usually not bothered by madam but the nonsense she came out with about the Promarker query "Oh you've got different pro markers, buy some of these instead".

No dear, as Sarah (I think) said, the viewer is probably having trouble because she is using the fine nib top. AND it isn't always easy to clip the top back on Promarkers. I've had a couple dry out when I thought I'd clicked the top on properly and hadn't.

Silly woman spoilt what was a lovely informative show.

Truly
23-10-2012, 02:51 PM
I've had a ProMarker dry out for exactly the same reason CC!! I was so angry! I really make sure I've put them on properly now and you're right - some of them are a bugger to get on! I also turned the Stamp Addicts show off as I couldn't cope with any more "incredible"s, "erm"s & "the reason why I love this is....."! Flaming woman gets right on my t..ts sometimes - it was the only show I wanted to watch today too!! xxxx :sad:

craftycat
23-10-2012, 02:58 PM
Flaming woman was actually quite rude to the viewer on the Promarker thing, clicked the top on and off (not very well) and said "What's the problem, it is easy". Well obviously not.

lee
23-10-2012, 03:05 PM
Lokked and looked nothing to watch...I suppose I am growing away from it?????

Truly
23-10-2012, 03:08 PM
Sounds like she belittled the viewer - not a good move when you're trying to sell something!! xx

sam
23-10-2012, 04:06 PM
If we're talking about JJ that means that I'll be deleting the programme, it's such a shame because I like Stamp Addicts, but the irritation caused by the presenter outweighs the desire to watch the programme I'm afraid.

craftycat
23-10-2012, 04:54 PM
Yep JJ.

I don't mind the err wow bit. What gets me is when she knows nothing about the product she is pushing

Tazzie
24-10-2012, 11:26 AM
I didn't see the Stamp Addicts programme. I hardly ever watch C&C these days because I'm not interested in watching knitting, sewing or needlecraft, nor cake decorating or jewellery. Its sods law every time I switch on its either a sewing machine or a ball of wool or a boring 4 day deal or POTW, but I did manage to catch the lovely Cardio stamping show on repeat last night. I really enjoyed it and the guest has inspired me to look out all my peg stamps and shake off the dust from my pigment ink pads. That is when C&C is at its best - when it inspires me to try something.

C&C is so rarely inspiring for me these days and that, together with all the knitting and sewing shows, is why I'm watching less. If they gave knitting and sewing its own channel that would solve my problem!

I'm also wondering if Cricuit will ever be back as I really want one. The last Cricuit show I remember seeing was in early August, and it was the small version so decided to wait for a bigger machine and I've been waiting nearly 3 months now...

suban
24-10-2012, 12:52 PM
Tazzie - looks like you're really going to hate today!!!

Deefersmum
24-10-2012, 01:57 PM
I'm also wondering if Cricuit will ever be back as I really want one. The last Cricuit show I remember seeing was in early August, and it was the small version so decided to wait for a bigger machine and I've been waiting nearly 3 months now...

Crafting minds think alike - I was wondering where they had gone.

kriskros
24-10-2012, 02:14 PM
According to Leoni cricut have now launched a mini cricut, Not sure why as the create is small enough.

jube
24-10-2012, 04:00 PM
I think it is the one that only works with the craftroom, but don't quote me.

Rentochops
24-10-2012, 10:20 PM
Blimey a month ago we were all moaning about Cricut shows and now we want them back, there is no pleasing crafters lol!

I wish they'd change the programming in on Sky after 8pm, think I've seen Joanna and Thomas Kinkade show 3 tImes now and like you Tazzie I always manage to catch things like Kleshna and ruddy sewing machines! Unlike most I want more paper crafting shows that are a bit different!

Sadly Dawn is unwell again (please don't start going on about her being unwell all the time, seems to me she has an underlying health problem) but I miss her shows they are the only ones I record each week!

At least she knows about the products and IMHO is the best presenter in showing exactly what you get.

popcorn
25-10-2012, 12:44 PM
Gone off in a big way for me especially when they put Carly and Leonie on the same show together as at the 1pm show today it was just a gigglefest and I just wanted to see the products without all the high pitched squealing etc,etc

morgana123
25-10-2012, 03:30 PM
Well for the cricut lovers amongst us there are Cricut Monster deals showing from tomorrow so you never know what may be coming as the prices showing now have been bumped right up as they usually do lol.

copsie_girl
25-10-2012, 07:17 PM
Gone off in a big way for me especially when they put Carly and Leonie on the same show together as at the 1pm show today it was just a gigglefest and I just wanted to see the products without all the high pitched squealing etc,etc

So glad I missed that. The last show they did together was unwatchable.

CG

RozMinis
25-10-2012, 07:35 PM
More or less lost the will to live with the stuff that has been on recently. Makes me wonder why the flip I have just renewed my membership. Of course it could be the thought that I am still paying for that 21 Spellbinders set from a while ago, then having spent a fair bit at Leeds, and with the NEC still to come.............. well there is a limit to what I can spend on C & C.

Not interested in the Cricut, though if I had the money and the room (especially the latter) I would probably go for the Silhouette. I have a Cuttlebug, and Santa is going to bring me the GC, plus all those lovely dies. Checked out the prices of the Bucilla kits, and although I am pleased that C & C (whatever) are selling them, compared to other places, they are a tad expensive, even with TopCashBack.

I am more than happy with the sewing machine I have, I suspect most peeps are who have bought one in the last five years or so. So don't want another machine. The materials on C & C are mega expensive compared to other places, even Readers Union, and they aren't exactly the cheapest place around.

No Jane Greenoff this month either. Though I now buy directly from her anyway as it is usually cheaper, just renewed my subs to the CSG. As for the cost of their knitting yarn, least said about that the better. Don't much care for the paper crafting items that have been on either. :(

On the whole I reckon watching paint dry has been more exciting in recent weeks.

Roz

Sue
25-10-2012, 08:11 PM
I don't know what's more annoying:- there being no shows on with products you're interested in, or there being a show with products you're very interested in but then don't watch because the presenter makes it unwatchable.

Smoffi
26-10-2012, 07:27 AM
I like the variety they're showing now - though that's probably because I'm a jack of all trades and master of none.. maybe I should specialise a bit - might be cheaper! lol

I like the sewing machine shows when Debbie Shore (sp?) is on her own, or plays the part of the guest, because not only does she do the obvious job of selling the machine, but also gives inspiration and demo's of stuff to make for those of us who already have a perfectly good machine. However when guests come in to show the machines there is no point in watching, which is a shame.

They do seem to be branching out a bit with the knitting shows, I caught the end of one yesterday where they were selling patterns for garments. Hope that keeps up, as I'm another one who sees no earthly use for wrist warmers, apart from doubling up as 'mug hugs', and I already have a book full of patterns for those!

A knitting and sewing channel would be a dream for me! As well as giving the choice of watching papercraft or needle craft - perfect solution!

lal
26-10-2012, 08:27 AM
Wrist warmers are the best thing for keeping you warm...A main artery is in your wrist hence the pulse, therefore as the blood flows if your wrists are covered it doesn't cool the blood as quick....In the summer when you are really hot run your wrists under the cold tap and see how quick your body temperature drops...Here endeth the lesson..:cheeky:..:grin:

Ps I am looking forward to the cricut shows..hope its Mel..

Dax
26-10-2012, 01:57 PM

I can understand that. I love Leonie when she does a show on her own. I watched the Spellbinder show with her yesterday and really enjoyed it. I also find Dawn more enjoyable when she is on her own.

Wellington
26-10-2012, 04:41 PM
I like that C&C have a variety of crafts, regardless of whether I'm personally interested or not; I suppose they're trying *waits for obvious response*...

I never watched it wall to wall before anyway, so I still just pick & choose what shows I want to see - if there's nothing on I want to watch, then so be it. Tis only like 'mainstream' TV - there are many, many days I find nothing that tickles my fancy, even say Friday/Saturday evenings for most of the year. Meh. Woteva as the yoofs say.

craftycat
26-10-2012, 04:55 PM
I agree with Lal about wrist warmers. Fingerless mittens are useful for the same reason if the joint problems are in the wrist or thumb. In really cold weather I have a pair of wrist warmers under my gloves. I've also made myself a pair of fingerless mittens with an extra flip over piece covering the whole hand. The extra bit can be flipped off while you are doing stuff like super market shopping.

RozMinis
26-10-2012, 07:06 PM
It'll take more than wrist warmers to warm my thumb up. I have problems other things besides the joint. It isn't actually a joint anymore, seems to have fused, or one bone slipped under the other. The experts can't seem to make up their minds exactly what, though Mr Caulfield did say it wouldn't bend, Mr Hobson said unlikely, my physio Tracey also said unlikely, and Mr Kothari said it had fused, so no chance. That is quite minor compared to the top half of my thumb, above the so called joint, as I lost several blood vessels, so very little blood heat gets to that part of the thumb. I wear two white cotton gloves, and a wool mitten when I am out in the hope of keeping it warm enough not to hurt. It aches all the time, but I can cope with that, but when cold it becomes painful.

The best thing to keep it warm is a black and white fluffit called Inky. She is magic, and worth her weight in gold. Not that she weighs all that much, but you know what I mean.

I agree with Smoffie, quite happy to watch the shows with Debbie as she does bring her sewing skills onto these shows. I quite enjoy the knitting/crochet shows with Wendy Poole too as she often goes beyond the hat/scarf thing. I've finished knitting her Advent calendar that was in the last club magazine, just need to give it a press and invest in a dowel or something for it.

Roz

kaz
26-10-2012, 07:18 PM
I can understand that. I love Leonie when she does a show on her own. I watched the Spellbinder show with her yesterday and really enjoyed it. I also find Dawn more enjoyable when she is on her own.

Me too, really enjoyed Leonie's show yesterday. I agree about Dawn - I'm not her biggest fan but I watched a show recently where she was on her own and really enjoyed it.

morgana123
26-10-2012, 07:25 PM
I dont like every guest or presenter but while some voices do grate on my nerves and some presenting styles really send me round the twist if I want to watch what is being demonstrated I try to work through the pain lol. I tend to record the shows I really want to see and fast forward through the sales pitch to the demo's but that is because I work nights so am sleeping during the day when they are on live. Of course it has its down side as I do miss out on the deals - last week resorted to staying up to order from Ali's show and so glad I did, even added the two sets of seasonal promarkers I was missing to the order so managed to get one bargain but am sure I missed out on lots more lol.