PDA

View Full Version : House Mouse

Ribbons
27-10-2012, 10:43 AM
I've just been watching Joanna Sheen and her new House Mouse Christmas designs - I really like these and have just ordered it. She mentioned the designer,Ellen Jareckie, and the House Mouse website which sends regular newsletters and a House Mouse image each day, so if you're interested the website link is:

http://www.house-mouse.com/

Just realised it does look obvious but hey, it saves time googling!

craftycat
27-10-2012, 11:06 AM
I've got this site bookmarked but not to get newsletters etc. Not seen the CD demonstrated yet or the gallery which Joanna has no doubt put on her site. The CD is not Mac compatible put it is still possible to get the basic images which is all I want.

Millburn
27-10-2012, 03:31 PM
I've been waiting fot it :D all ordered, that's the 5 cards for his children sorted, well..... :wink: you know what I mean

Janiceb966
27-10-2012, 04:24 PM
I love getting my Daily Squeak email and have been getting it for years (that sounds rude but it's not!!)

craftycat
27-10-2012, 04:29 PM
Hadn't really had a good look around Joanna's site for a while. I see there are two books and cds for House Mouse. Soooooo tempted

snowflake
27-10-2012, 04:39 PM
Go for it!!! You deserve a wee treat. Mxxx

Millburn
27-10-2012, 04:46 PM
CC I have the first book & CD; it's lovely, and you can use it again and again and again, so the value is good too :D

craftycat
27-10-2012, 04:55 PM
I've played with some of my Joanna CDs today, checking out what can be done. She, as you would expect, is very honest in saying they are not Mac compatible but, think I said before somewhere, I only need the basic images and they are very easy to access.

snowflake
27-10-2012, 05:07 PM
Well then - go for it!! M xxx

Dips
27-10-2012, 06:29 PM
CC, her last CD and book includes the jpegs now as well as the PDF files, if that helps!

craftycat
27-10-2012, 06:35 PM
CC, her last CD and book includes the jpegs now as well as the PDF files, if that helps!

Thanks Dips, yes it does. Haven't checked all her CDs but the last few seem include jpegs. Very easy to copy an image and play about with it - unlike MCS! I'm getting more confident with doing computer things now. At least it means I am happy to play about with stuff and not be panicked into thinking I will destroy a very expensive piece of equipment!!

I've done some "budgeting" and as I am probably getting my copics as a Christmas pressie, it means I can afford the CDs. Might get them as a Christmas pressie from the cats. Any excuse!!!

LoobyLou
27-10-2012, 07:48 PM
Thanks Dips, yes it does. Haven't checked all her CDs but the last few seem include jpegs. Very easy to copy an image and play about with it - unlike MCS! I'm getting more confident with doing computer things now. At least it means I am happy to play about with stuff and not be panicked into thinking I will destroy a very expensive piece of equipment!!

I've done some "budgeting" and as I am probably getting my copics as a Christmas pressie, it means I can afford the CDs. Might get them as a Christmas pressie from the cats. Any excuse!!!

How many copics? How wonderful, however many.

I love House Mouse. I bought lots of stamps from the US, long before Joanna got hold of the licence. I could kick myself now for the money I paid for wood backed stamps, cos JS has released a lot of the ones I bought in sets with ones I didn't, unmounted and for less for a sheet than I paid for one wooden stamp. Never mind. I do at least have the lovely coloured image on the back as an aide memoire.

Kate's Cards
27-10-2012, 07:51 PM
I'm not sure about House Mouse. How about posting some cards girls so I can see their potential!!

craftycat
27-10-2012, 08:19 PM
Watching bits of Joanna on C&C now and she says this is the first time she has used jpegs. Her CDs always are easy to work with on Mac though. Joanna also said her CDs could be used with Mac. Advantage of CD over decoupage sheets and stamps of course is that it is easy to change size of the pics and turn out A6 cards which I prefer.

Looby, I'm rather hoping to get a 76 pack of Copics as joint Christmas and birthday. Yummy, plan to get most eventually. The more I use them the more I like them.

icebubble
27-10-2012, 09:32 PM
I love House Mouse and after seeing Joanna bought the new project book cd. I enjoy all the humour in the images and hope they can help me get my crafting back on track as I haven't make any cards for quite a while.

Fluffwump
27-10-2012, 09:35 PM
How many copics? How wonderful, however many.

I love House Mouse. I bought lots of stamps from the US, long before Joanna got hold of the licence. I could kick myself now for the money I paid for wood backed stamps, cos JS has released a lot of the ones I bought in sets with ones I didn't, unmounted and for less for a sheet than I paid for one wooden stamp. Never mind. I do at least have the lovely coloured image on the back as an aide memoire.

You're not alone I did exactly the same ... never mind at least we've been enjoying them for a long time now!

LoobyLou
27-10-2012, 10:12 PM
Craftycat how lovely. Do you have many of the others. Don't forget that along with the two sets of 72 there is also a set of 36 that complete the current complement of colours. I am talking ciaos not sketch of course. Can't afford those, lol