PDA

View Full Version : Wellington DVD from Docrafts

Fluffwump
27-10-2012, 09:21 PM
Has anyone noticed a problem with the Wellington DVD's from Docrafts, a huge number of the character images will not drag onto the workspace, I have emailed them, and they say they are working on an update to put it right. How come this product went out without being properly checked? And how much longer is it going to take them to sort it, I am now in the position of having purchased 2 DVD's where I can't access many of the images, I feel swindled! I could send them back to create & Craft, but I like the images, and am hoping that they will eventually get this sorted, has anyone else noticed this, or received any further communication from Docrafts?

Deefersmum
27-10-2012, 09:34 PM
Oh bliddy hell I'm off to check mine - I've only played with parts of it - thanks for the warning. This reminds me of the first Black and Gold Forever Friends CD which wouldn't download on my computer - emailed them, got a reply saying they were looking into it, sent me a naff CD and paper pad to say sorry for your trouble, but I never heard another thing - sold the CD on Ebug.

P.S. just realised that makes it sound like I fobbed the CD off on someone else - that was not the case - I put it on Ebug with a note that it would not download with Windows 7.

Deefersmum
27-10-2012, 09:53 PM
I'm back - just checked all of my characters and they are OK. I wonder if it has anything to do with whether you have Windows 7 or whatever?

Dax
27-10-2012, 10:14 PM
Has anyone noticed a problem with the Wellington DVD's from Docrafts, a huge number of the character images will not drag onto the workspace, I have emailed them, and they say they are working on an update to put it right. How come this product went out without being properly checked? And how much longer is it going to take them to sort it, I am now in the position of having purchased 2 DVD's where I can't access many of the images, I feel swindled! I could send them back to create & Craft, but I like the images, and am hoping that they will eventually get this sorted, has anyone else noticed this, or received any further communication from Docrafts?

I had this happen with mine Fluffwump and I emailed DoCrafts, receiving the same answer as you they are working on it. While I was waiting for a reply I uninstalled both discs as I thought it might be because I installed the Adobe Air update after loading the discs. I then reinstalled both discs and both seem ok now. It did come up with another update to those discs but it would not update. The message about the update appeared a few times but has now stopped. I can now drag all the character images into the work space. I tried them all on both discs.

So far I have used two of the decoupage sheets and taken them into my Studio software for my Cameo to print and cut. I don't like the copywrite all over the sheets as it stops me getting a clean trace, so I had quite a bit of editing to do. Still managed two cards which were given today.I did not get my DVDs until the Thursday almost a week after it was sent. Yodel deliver City Post stuff to me now and they are no better than Royal Mail.

Richie
28-10-2012, 09:43 AM
I have not had a problem and I have quite a lot of the Docraft range in my Library.

I am using Windows XP Pro so that may be the reason - I tried using newer versions of Windows but I prefer XP and I definitely don't like the look of the new Windows 8!

Fluffwump
28-10-2012, 11:17 AM
I had this happen with mine Fluffwump and I emailed DoCrafts, receiving the same answer as you they are working on it. While I was waiting for a reply I uninstalled both discs as I thought it might be because I installed the Adobe Air update after loading the discs. I then reinstalled both discs and both seem ok now. It did come up with another update to those discs but it would not update. The message about the update appeared a few times but has now stopped. I can now drag all the character images into the work space. I tried them all on both discs.

So far I have used two of the decoupage sheets and taken them into my Studio software for my Cameo to print and cut. I don't like the copywrite all over the sheets as it stops me getting a clean trace, so I had quite a bit of editing to do. Still managed two cards which were given today.I did not get my DVDs until the Thursday almost a week after it was sent. Yodel deliver City Post stuff to me now and they are no better than Royal Mail.

Thanks for that, after various attempts I eventually got it to work, if you hadn't said that you had managed to do it I would have probably given up sooner, I have not had much success moving the files into other software, as I can't find where the images are stored, I have found my forever friends ones under program files, but they have thumbs written at the end of the description, these are OK for some images but not others, none have copyright written over them, where did you locate your files, BTW I am importing mine into serif craft artist, I do wish docrafts would just give us the JPegs as I would much prefer to use my serif programme.

Dax
28-10-2012, 04:12 PM
Thanks for that, after various attempts I eventually got it to work, if you hadn't said that you had managed to do it I would have probably given up sooner, I have not had much success moving the files into other software, as I can't find where the images are stored, I have found my forever friends ones under program files, but they have thumbs written at the end of the description, these are OK for some images but not others, none have copyright written over them, where did you locate your files, BTW I am importing mine into serif craft artist, I do wish docrafts would just give us the JPegs as I would much prefer to use my serif programme.

I have not found where the images are stored for the Digital Designer and they won't show up when I explore the DVDs. I take the images I want by creating a page, dragging the image or images into the work space, then save by clicking on 'print/share (bottom right of screen), then click 'export image' a box appears and I can select which folder to save to. It saves as a jpg file which I can open with Studio. I have Craft Artist but not tried to import into there. It is a pain when I don't alter the images in anyway because I am just resaving the images but to a file and location I can easily find. The only problem with importing a file into Studio is the size they are. I have to zoom out about four or five times and then drag a corner and make it a lot smaller.

Not sure if I am missing something as in can't find it, but is it possible to crop in Digital Designer?

Cuppatea
30-10-2012, 11:17 AM
Hi

I have not found where the images are stored for the Digital Designer and they won't show up when I explore the DVDs. I take the images I want by creating a page, dragging the image or images into the work space, then save by clicking on 'print/share (bottom right of screen), then click 'export image' a box appears and I can select which folder to save to. It saves as a jpg file which I can open with Studio. I have Craft Artist but not tried to import into there. It is a pain when I don't alter the images in anyway because I am just resaving the images but to a file and location I can easily find. The only problem with importing a file into Studio is the size they are. I have to zoom out about four or five times and then drag a corner and make it a lot smaller.

Click on Settings (the third button in from the bottom right), you then will be able to see the where the Library Storage area is. This is where the images are stored on your computer. I changed mine so that they are saved on our home network, this way I have access to them whether I'm working on my laptop or my desktop machine. The only problem I have found is that I think the images are encrypted (maybe!) and I can't open them unless I'm using Docrafts Digital Designer (DDD). I haven't tried using Craft Artist to open them yet, but if I get chance later I'll have a go on my laptop (where I have Craft Artist installed) and report back.

... is it possible to crop in Digital Designer?

When I want to crop an image in DDD I use the Punch feature which is in the Options tab. You may need to punch out shapes a bit at a time to be able to get rid of the unwanted parts.

HTH