PDA

View Full Version : I am soooooooo cross

iggy
09-11-2012, 09:05 PM
I AM VERY VERY VERY CROSS........i placed an order earlier today & i always thought that the club members gift was free but you paid the postage,,,well its not.....i had already placed my hunkydory order yesterday & wasnt going to buy anything for the rest of the month,,,, then our phill came on with cheap punches. so i placed a couple of them in my basket & added the beatrix potters cd.......got to check out & found my postage was £8.97......ie £2.99 per item......well ive wrote to gareth & got an out of office reply....well out of cant be doing with paying the £9 postage so i left it............well over tea etc i thought i'll go check out the numbers again.... & yes adding things to basket was OK till i put the cd in & then the postage shot up.......
it let me order 3 items for £6.99 postage but as soon as i added the cd it shot up again by £2.99.......NOT ON CREATE & CRAFT.its either free to members who pay the postage or not...........cough it up so people know where they stand....£6.99 is supposed to be most postage to UK people.....unless of course you want the FREE gift.......

pyjama princess
09-11-2012, 09:12 PM
I've seen it mentioned on here before Iggy. If you 'buy' the free gift on it's own you're only charged £2.99 p&p. But if you try to add in other items you pay the p&p relevant to that order plus the £2.99 for the free gift.

englishminx
09-11-2012, 09:16 PM
But they need to make that clear when they talk about capped P&P, ie excludes free gift offer, because otherwise it is misreprentation.

Jilly
09-11-2012, 09:23 PM
Fraid that pyjama princess is right Iggy - doesn't matter if you are up to the £6.99 with numerous items in your basket you have to pay the 2.99 for the free gift. Need to think that whatever the club 'gift' is its really not free at all - it will always cost 2.99.

Ribbons
09-11-2012, 09:50 PM
Threaten them with the Advertising Standards, I have it on good authority that really scares them - and so it should as they are misrepresenting their products and should be reported.

iggy
09-11-2012, 11:15 PM
Fraid that pyjama princess is right Iggy - doesn't matter if you are up to the £6.99 with numerous items in your basket you have to pay the 2.99 for the free gift. Need to think that whatever the club 'gift' is its really not free at all - it will always cost 2.99.

i think its only fair that they say that......im sure someone on her said quote" i only got it/ that cos i was buying other things & just added it to my basket " unquote.......im also sure that i have done the same too,,,,,,added it as its an all in thing & may as well. sorta thing......

suban
10-11-2012, 04:33 AM
The systems has had fits and starts in the past, but unfortunately you could put 10 items in your basket and pay £6.99 but as soon as the member's gift goes into the basket it automatically adds the extra £2.99 to the p&p!

jr77
10-11-2012, 06:19 AM
It is bad they don't make that clear but the gifts I've had have been well worth the postage.

uniqui
10-11-2012, 12:29 PM
I placed an order for over £50.00 last month and tried to use the £10.00 voucher from my Magazine and when I checked it out a green tick showed to say the voucher had been applied. When I received my order confirmation the £10.00 discount was not included,when I raised a query with C£C i was told that the club discount bought my order value down below the required amount so I could not have the discount.I pointed out that nowhere on the voucher page on the magazine did it state that the voucher could only be used on the discounted total.

jenty
10-11-2012, 01:18 PM
Same here, uniqui, that has happened to me twice. In fact, my replies just said my order was below the value needed, they didn't even say after discounted price.

Jacksmissis
10-11-2012, 03:21 PM
:mysmilie_492:

Same here Uniqui and jenty !! To say not happy is polite.

jr77
10-11-2012, 03:33 PM
Same happened to me and mine was well over the requred amount after the discount and still not sorted yet! They must have very sore feet 'cos they keep firing bullets at them!

RozMinis
12-11-2012, 07:13 PM
I placed an order for over £50.00 last month and tried to use the £10.00 voucher from my Magazine and when I checked it out a green tick showed to say the voucher had been applied. When I received my order confirmation the £10.00 discount was not included,when I raised a query with C£C i was told that the club discount bought my order value down below the required amount so I could not have the discount.I pointed out that nowhere on the voucher page on the magazine did it state that the voucher could only be used on the discounted total.

That's rubbish, so go and tell 'em so. I bought four items that came to round about £63, including the £6.99 postage. I used the £10 voucher and the £5 voucher from the last magazine, plus my £10 for renewing my membership. All three vouchers were deducted at the time, and my credit card charged for the correct amount.

As for the free gift. I have read in the past something under terms and conditions that regardless of what else one buys, the postage for that item still stands. Mind you there have been a couple of times this year when they have forgotten the postage for a couple of days. :)

Roz