PDA

View Full Version : Printer Problem

keiko1
22-12-2012, 09:42 PM
Not sure if this is the right place but, I am having trouble printing with my Canon ip4200.
I'm trying to print from serif / cd's and instead of printing out a leafy green solstice card its printing with a heavy tinge of pink!
Any suggestions anyone?
I have tried troubleshooting from Canon website but not much luck so far

thanks

glynisrose
23-12-2012, 09:18 PM
Your colour cartridge needs replacing!!

keiko1
23-12-2012, 09:54 PM
thanks but pc world / currys were no help, wanted me to buy a new printer (this is a newish one only had it not quite a year) even the shop we bought from could only suggest replacing the magenta cartridge and as for the cartridges they are all new and full!
so not sure its just decided to do this....don't yer luv technology !

Deefersmum
24-12-2012, 07:59 AM
Have you tried the cleaning process? Sometimes one of the inks doesn't flow properly so that, say you are mixing blue and red to make a colour, the onus is on the red rather than the blue coming through as it should. Just a thought - good luck - really annoying when something goes wrong and you just want to get on.

jenty
24-12-2012, 08:56 AM
It does sound the sort of symptom that means either one of the colours is faulty or the print head needs cleaning. I don't have a Canon but, with mine, there is a printer 'toolbox' that helps with troubleshooting and/or diagnosis step by step.

LoobyLou
24-12-2012, 11:37 AM
thanks but pc world / currys were no help, wanted me to buy a new printer (this is a newish one only had it not quite a year) even the shop we bought from could only suggest replacing the magenta cartridge and as for the cartridges they are all new and full!
so not sure its just decided to do this....don't yer luv technology !

Not quite a year???? Under guarantee? Call the supplier, or manufacturer