PDA

View Full Version : Crafty makes Jan 2013 week 1!

debo
03-01-2013, 04:37 PM
Has anyone made anything yet this year??? Or are we ALL just recovering from Christmas? I need some inspiration.....

budgie
03-01-2013, 04:44 PM
Not made anything yet. Have purchased a few crafty bits in the sales though! Might get round to playing with them tomorrow. Too tired today though, taking me all my time just to do simple jobs and cooking today. I want to concentrate more on scrapbooking this year though. Getting fed up of spending lots of time and money, making cards for people who don't appreciate them. Quite a few were sent to people, who couldn't even bother to send a cheapo shop bought card back, or even say thank you on fb. Will be culling my card list next year, and people who haven't bothered to send me one the last couple of years will be crossed off my list. They will in future only get one if they send me a card first. Will be making some for charity though, to use up stash.

Dips
03-01-2013, 07:29 PM
No crafty makes yet, looking forward to seeing all the lovely crafty makes that we all share in 2013!

Granny Penny
03-01-2013, 07:37 PM
Such a drive to finish Christmas presents that I am now enjoying a bit of a break Debo. However, the little grey cells are working :grin:

jenty
03-01-2013, 08:15 PM
I have been having a go with the knitting board but only got a small square done so far. Have been trying out some techniques on cards but can't show you those, either, as might be used in birthday swaps so not much help there, then. I know, I've been playing around in the Serif Craft Artist, here's what I've done. I'm going to use them when I need a quick birthday card and the last one is for my thank you cards. They are off centre on purpose because the way I have it set up to use the image on a card, a small piece on the left wraps round the card and the design is then centred.

4073 4074 4075

sam
03-01-2013, 08:40 PM
That Thank you card is really cute (I do like them all though).

jr77
03-01-2013, 09:00 PM
I thought the thankyou card was particularly cute too! They are all lovely.

Here's an e-card I did for new year for a group of friends who meet occassionally and have 'adopted' the Jenny Joseph poem 'Warning' as a theme so my new year greeting is always a reference to that (It's the one that starts 'When I am an old woman I shall wear purple
With a red hat which doesn't go and doesn't suit me')

jenty
03-01-2013, 10:06 PM
I love it, jr77!

JAMMY
04-01-2013, 07:39 AM
Lovely cards ladies.
I thought I'd try something different for new year so here's a pic of my first beaded kuhimino (sp?) bracelet. 4078

Really enjoyed this so have ordered lots more beads and thread, thought they might sell well at church fete in the summer.

Dips
04-01-2013, 07:49 AM
As always, Jammy, that's lovely! How long did it take to do?

Loving all the cards shown.

jr77
04-01-2013, 07:55 AM
Beautiful bracelet Jammy. I think it wil fly off your stall. It looks very complicated. I really like the fastening too. Where did you buy that?

von 2
04-01-2013, 08:49 AM
Lovely cards, jenty & jr & beautiful bracelet, jammy - can we see a theme here? Is it just members with names beginning with j that have mojo at the moment?

jenty
04-01-2013, 09:12 AM
Ha, ha. It's more the fact I had time off over Christmas so a bit of time for crafting. I did enjoy it but back to trying to fit it in amongst work etc now. It does help doing a birthday swap as it makes me try new things.
The bracelet is stunning Jammy.

Spendsloads
04-01-2013, 09:44 AM
Gorgeous bracelet Jammy. You are inspiring me to dig out my jewellery making kit and to have another go - not sure I can turn out something as beautiful as that though. I am now back at work, but did do a few cards for forthcoming birthdays when I was off to try and get ahead a little.

Granny Penny
04-01-2013, 09:56 AM
I love the bracelet Jammy - I haven't heard of that way of beading (I try not to see too much jewellery making as I MUSTN'T take up another hobby and it's so tempting). Lovely cards too ladies. I find I have almost completely stopped card making over this year.

I wonder if any of you are intending to do something this year that you haven't done before. I am hoping to make my first (very simple) quilt.

kinglake
04-01-2013, 01:38 PM
Lovely makes ladies!

wonky doodle
04-01-2013, 01:39 PM
Such a drive to finish Christmas presents that I am now enjoying a bit of a break Debo. However, the little grey cells are working :grin:
I am with you there Granny Penny,made lots of decoupatch boxes and hearts for christmas presents,which were very vintage style,but have so many ideas whirling round in my head, would love to try something more "ornate"[like the decoupatch style] in my card making, flowers/lace etc. but actually doing them is another matter, may have a try this afternoon now! [mojo at its best/worst].x

Mistyblue
04-01-2013, 04:43 PM
Lovely cards ladies.
I thought I'd try something different for new year so here's a pic of my first beaded kuhimino (sp?) bracelet. 4078

Really enjoyed this so have ordered lots more beads and thread, thought they might sell well at church fete in the summer.

That's really gorgeous Jammy, should think the only problem you will have is making enough once people see them!

budgie
04-01-2013, 04:55 PM
Some lovely makes.

I don't wear jewellery, but even I love that bracelet.

JAMMY
04-01-2013, 09:24 PM
Thanks everyone for your kind comments.

Lets see if I can remember all the questions!
How long: about 1 1/2 hours, but think next one will be quicker.

Fastening: it's magnetic and from eBay. 8 for just under £2 (no postage, came from China)

Easy: yes very. You do need a Kuhimino disk, but think they are quite reasonable from eBay. I used one my husband bought whilst we were on holiday - no idea what he intended it for and I don't think he has either.

I bought this bracelet as a kit from eBay (noticing a theme here?). Have since ordered component parts and think they should only cost £1 each to make so hoping to raise a fair few pounds.

debo
06-01-2013, 05:59 PM
Jammy, that bracelet is beautiful!!!!
I made some bracelets as Christmas presents and they were really pleased with them - but they were only simple crystal-beads-thread-on-stretch-elastic!(Which is why I didn't bother posting images of them!) Not the level of skill as yours!!!

JAMMY
07-01-2013, 08:20 AM
Debo, no skill required - honestly. If you can count to 64 ( number of beads on each thread!),can tell the difference between top, bottom, right and left, can turn board 90° and can move your arms then this is easy.

Please post pics of your jewellery, would love to see.