PDA

View Full Version : Do Crafts mag in Sainsbury's comes with Chronology CD and free stamp

OscarFelixJake
05-01-2013, 05:22 PM
For Steampunk fans, Sainbury's is selling the latest Docrafts mag with the free Chronology stamps plus the Digital Designer Chronology CD for £4.99.
I bought the mag and free stamps in Hobby Crafts the other day and have re-purchased it to get the CD - it's fab, has all of the papers on it, digi stamps, cog embellishments, word graphics, decoupage, ribbons.
Plus the mag has £15 off in vouchers for the new products :cool2:

LoobyLou
05-01-2013, 05:32 PM
Booger I was up the town today too, would have had a look if I had realised

craftycat
05-01-2013, 05:35 PM
well I'm sure I can stagger as far as Sainsbury some day soon. I've got one of the stamps from this range already - the binoculars one - and very pleased with the result.

Millburn
05-01-2013, 05:36 PM
do they sell the magazine anywhere else?, just the fuel bill alone to my nearest Sainsbury's would make buying it from C&C cheaper :wink:

Dips
05-01-2013, 05:46 PM
I also bought this today in Tesco for stamps and digital designer software as a little treat-let. I think that this is the £4.99 version that is listed at all the major supermarkets as opposed to the cheaper version that goes into craft stores.

Milburn, if you ever do online food shopping, then you could just add it to your order.

OscarFelixJake
05-01-2013, 05:48 PM
You could try Asda or Tesco's. I think they do this version of the Docrafts mag for £4.99 also :)
Oops posted at same time as Dips :nod:

angela
05-01-2013, 06:32 PM
I'll look for it in asda, usually get it from the range without the xtra but the range is a dangerous place, would probably end up buying stash as well lol

kriskros
05-01-2013, 07:41 PM
I got mine from Tesco's, downloaded the disc and did manage to print one of the papers, haven't had time to play since. Is it always in the PC or do we have to put the disc in when we use it, only asking as when I pressed on a menu it told me there was no disc in. When I put it back in to print the backing paper it seemed to be reloading it on my PC Could really do with a teenager to come and live here :talking:

Lucy Lockett
05-01-2013, 10:26 PM
W H Smith had some today.

kinglake
06-01-2013, 11:16 AM
I got mine from whs ,lovin the stamp!

LadyKatkin
06-01-2013, 12:01 PM
In Asda, it comes with a pack of blank cards :(
No CD. So don't travel far for it!
Xxx

annlowther2000
06-01-2013, 12:10 PM
I live in Market Harborough in Leicestershire.I already have the mag but would love the cd.Went to my local sainsbugs,no luck.They looked it up online and none of the stores in my area have it.Really dissappointed about that as the cd would be great to have.If anyone knows where I can get a copy of has one to sell that they don't want please let me know.

Carolina Moon
06-01-2013, 01:38 PM
Does anyone know if this the same cd that is part of the Docraft papercraft collections , cos one of those is called chronology I think? It was sold as a set of three on C&C a few months back.

Millburn
07-01-2013, 04:38 PM
I managed to get the magazine in Huntly, R S Macalls, with both CD and stamps, so very happy :D

Teacherspet
07-01-2013, 07:10 PM
I got mine in Tesco today and the stamps are great.
I haven't tried the cd yet but looking at the rest of the range I've ordered the die set for the cogs (it will save a fortune compared to buying TH ones) and the 6x6 paper pad and the watches embossing folder - didn't go for the cogs one as I have something similar already.

kaz
07-01-2013, 07:15 PM
Didn't have it in my local Sainsbury or W H Smith yesterday. I've not had chance to go looking anywhere else as I'm back at work.

morgana123
07-01-2013, 09:52 PM
Thanks for the heads up - daughter went to Tesco today and nabbed me the last one there. Cannot believe the size of the main stamp - havent had the chance to look through the cd yet and daughter was happy whe she saw the sneak peaks of the Gurjuss girls on the back cover as she adores them.

Dips
07-01-2013, 10:10 PM
I'm not usually a fan of magazine give-aways, they are rarely things that I would buy myself, but this was not the case here. The stamp set is lovely, haven't had a look at the cd yet, but it looks interesting. Pleased I picked it up, as I rarely buy craft mags as I think they are too expensive these days.

kaz
08-01-2013, 06:55 PM
I got it in my local W H Smiths today :D so no prizes for guessing what I'm doing this evening :giggle:

angela
08-01-2013, 06:59 PM
Had a look in asda today and they didnt have it :( so will have a look in smiths next week, hope I can get it I love the chronology stuff, if not I'll just have to get the regular from the range.

LoobyLou
08-01-2013, 07:22 PM
My Niece picked it up from my local paper shop today for me. Well I needed cheering up, lol

Teacherspet
08-01-2013, 07:29 PM
I loaded the cd onto my PC and had a play this afternoon. They have included the four urban stamps (each one is 4" x 4") from the collection so no need to buy them now and at £3.99 each (I think) that saved a few more pennies for something else. The backing paper selection looks like it's the same selection of colours and designs as the paper pad. I also tried some of the programme features and I'm enjoying trying out the digital designer.

kaz
08-01-2013, 07:38 PM
I've been having a look at what else comes in this range - I feel a bit of a spend coming on.

Thanks for the info about the stamps Teacherspet - that will save a few pennies,

juzzab
08-01-2013, 09:20 PM
Can only partially get mine to work :confused2: I can get the postcards, papers, ribbons and something else... mind wanders, can't remember lol but not the greetings, buttons, brads, decoupage and all the fiddly stuff. The stuff is on the CD, but I can't access it through the software iyswim?

Probably needs a bit more of a fiddle, I shall uninstall (again lol) and try once more before bed

Teacherspet
08-01-2013, 09:43 PM
Can only partially get mine to work :confused2: I can get the postcards, papers, ribbons and something else... mind wanders, can't remember lol but not the greetings, buttons, brads, decoupage and all the fiddly stuff. The stuff is on the CD, but I can't access it through the software iyswim?

Probably needs a bit more of a fiddle, I shall uninstall (again lol) and try once more before bed

When I loaded my cd the digital designer loaded first and then it asked me to import cd to library - which I did.
Then when I started a project I clicked on the library tab at the top right of the screen and each section appeared as an envelop down the right hand side of the screen and I opened each section from there.

Maybe you got a faulty disk..... I hope it loads for you second time round.

juzzab
08-01-2013, 09:57 PM
When I loaded my cd the digital designer loaded first and then it asked me to import cd to library - which I did.
Then when I started a project I clicked on the library tab at the top right of the screen and each section appeared as an envelop down the right hand side of the screen and I opened each section from there.

Maybe you got a faulty disk..... I hope it loads for you second time round.

Thanks! Husband tried on his and it worked fine! It never asked me to import the cd... how rude!! But when I tried to, it insisted there was nothing to import. So hubby talked me through copying and pasting the missing files into where they should have been... if that makes sense? lol

craftycat
09-01-2013, 01:52 PM
took a while to work out how to do anything once the disc and digital designer were installed Pleased with the result though and the stamp alone was worth getting the magazine for. I only get the magazine if the freebie is something I want.

Teacherspet
09-01-2013, 09:37 PM
If you go onto
www.docrafts.com

use the hot link to the digital designer there are some video tutorials on there for various features which I found very helpful. Best part is you can change the colour of the backing papers giving you more options than the preprinted papers.
You can also download a free copy of the digital designer if you haven't got the disc.

Wellington
10-01-2013, 12:22 PM
I have a huge issue with the latest DoCrafts release - not normally taken with them, maybe the odd one or two bits n bobs....Fell in love with the Chronology collection & am desperately trying not to buy all of it (but have got quite a few bits). Thought the Vintage Notes collection was pretty, but already have a chunk of similar stuff in my stash...then I caught Jo Austin doing on C&C & came to the conclusion that I needed that design set too...:blush: And I even treated myself to the mag with just the stamps. Vaguely tempted to see if I can find the mag with the CD, but not overly bothered about it as such - plus hubby already thinks the lappy is running slow enough without loading up a design programme...

LoobyLou
10-01-2013, 03:17 PM
If you get the cd though Welly you also get all the stamps as digis!

DianaDreads
12-01-2013, 01:32 AM
Oh no, I bought the usual mag (without the cd) on my first ever trip to a Hobbycraft last week :(
I got the 6x6 pad too and love the stamps but just couldn't afford them so I guess I should look in WHS next week for the cd :)

Dips
12-01-2013, 07:28 AM
:wave::clapping::hi: Diana, how lovely to see you back on here. Welcome home!

budgie
12-01-2013, 08:57 AM
Hi Diana, welcome back!

LoobyLou
12-01-2013, 09:59 AM
WB Diana, I have sent you a message at the other place!

Mistyblue
12-01-2013, 09:26 PM
Welcome back Diana!!!

Tesco also has the mag with the stamps & the CD. Was tempted but don't think folk I make cards for would "get it"

juzzab
12-01-2013, 09:37 PM
Have to admit, I chickened out a bit with my first card. I just used one of the greetings with some basic grey paper for my nephew's card. :thinking: Baby steps for me lol

Teacherspet
12-01-2013, 09:50 PM
The thing is you can do a simple industrial looking card with cogs etc and that doesn't have to be full-on steampunk, so it could appeal to a mechanic or someone who loves to tinker with engines of all types.
I did a MCS steampunk card for my brother and as he was a big fan of Monty Python he liked the card because it reminded him of that.
The papers with the watches on can be good for retirement cards or 'big' birthdays, the script design backing paper is very versatile and one of the digi stamps looks like things out of an old fashioned chemist shop and could be used on girlie cards with the right colour combination. You can change the papers to very pale shades so you don't have to be a fan of grunge to use them.
I know I won't make loads of cards but a cd and 9 stamps for only £4.99 plus the mag was a bargain for me... some of the things in the mag were inspiring too.

agelesscraft
12-01-2013, 11:24 PM
To answer Carolina Moon,s question (can not do the quotes) it was released last year on the Papermania Capsule collection DVD forgot I had it until I read this thread only used it once to make a Sherlock Holmes card for my Nephew.Used the urban stamps as a background might have to try it again with all the lovely samples being shown now.

jr77
13-01-2013, 06:04 PM
Thanks for this tip. I managed to get one from W H Smith after visiting 6 differnt shops (Tesco's, Sainsbury as well)!

Mistyblue
13-01-2013, 06:33 PM
To answer Carolina Moon,s question (can not do the quotes) it was released last year on the Papermania Capsule collection DVD forgot I had it until I read this thread only used it once to make a Sherlock Holmes card for my Nephew.Used the urban stamps as a background might have to try it again with all the lovely samples being shown now.

Don't suppose you have a picture Ageless? OH loves Sherlock Holmes and I might be able to get some ideas from you if you wouldn't mind?

angela
15-01-2013, 12:44 PM
I got it from smiths too, what is the other stamp? Is it an old fashioned camera? I can't comprehend what it is. thanks

LoobyLou
15-01-2013, 01:09 PM
I wondered that too Angie. Couldn't make my mind up whether it was some sort of fob for a fob watch, or what the heck it was

Penelope
15-01-2013, 01:11 PM
Got mine from hobby craft with the do crafts bag. Love the chronology range. This Saturday lots to make I feel

agelesscraft
15-01-2013, 01:26 PM
Misty

As requested photo attached

First the birthday card
Second a Tag made for Angela's Jubliee Swap

Dips
15-01-2013, 02:05 PM
I think the "funny" stamp is an old-fashioned telephone.

Mistyblue
15-01-2013, 02:09 PM
Misty

As requested photo attached

First the birthday card
Second a Tag made for Angela's Jubliee Swap

Thanks Ageless, think I might need to buy an awful lot to create that effect. Is the man himself a stamp? It's stunning though, so much on one card, thank you for letting us see it.

agelesscraft
15-01-2013, 05:46 PM
Misty

Cheap card to make No actual stamp needed the background is from the Chronology DVD two of the digi stamps printed on a piece of card. Sherlock is a google image printed out and then cut out and stuck on.The Baker Street sign is a google image of the tube station added a bit of glaze over it. the magnifying glass is just one of those sticky circles ( bought from QVC years ago ) with a handle printed off & added the watch brad is one I had left over from something else.The tickets are cut from a T Holtz die if you want anything let me know and I will post them out to you.
Ann

Mistyblue
15-01-2013, 07:01 PM
Ann, that is so kind of you, thank you. If the mag is still there I think I will go for it, actually DS1 is going into Tesco in a bit so might see if he will get it for me.
I love the way that you all use bits from here and there, I struggle with imagination and thinking outside the box.

agelesscraft
15-01-2013, 11:05 PM
Thats my biggest problem imagination so I trawl the internet blogs,splitcoast stampers looking for cards I like . Then I use the basic style of card and make something with what I have . So you could say most of my cards are copies. Since Christmas I have used Kanban for nearly all my cards and its funny but my friends/family always seem to like them more than the stamped ones .

LoobyLou
16-01-2013, 12:45 AM
I adored your birthday card for me.

jr77
16-01-2013, 06:54 AM
That#s a great card Ageless. Don't suppose you still have the links for the Google images?

agelesscraft
16-01-2013, 01:44 PM
JR77

http://aliteraryodyssey.blogspot.co.uk/2010/04/adventures-with-sherlock-holmes.html think this is the same or similar its the S Holmes statue I just printed in black and made smaller Dont have the actual link but if you google Sherlock Holmes images it comes up with loads. The Baker Street sign just google images of baker street underground station and again cut out what i needed.

Looby
Thanks your card was a case? as you know brayer is not one of my talents but Michelle Zindorf? just drags ink pads over a piece of card which is about my limit.
Ann

Penelope
16-01-2013, 02:16 PM
Did everyone's magazine come with a CD mine didn't

LoobyLou
16-01-2013, 03:28 PM
Penelope only the £4.99 priced magazine came with the free cd, the £2.95 priced magazine only came with the stamps.

Dax
19-01-2013, 12:44 AM
Bought the one with just the stamps in Hobbycraft then found this thread, but as yet not found the magazine with the CD. Tried two Tesco superstores near us but neither have it. Was going to try Sainsburys today but snow kept us in.

pyjama princess
19-01-2013, 10:58 AM
Bought the one with just the stamps in Hobbycraft then found this thread, but as yet not found the magazine with the CD. Tried two Tesco superstores near us but neither have it. Was going to try Sainsburys today but snow kept us in.

Dax I bought mine from Smith's in Bridgend - I think it was last Friday.

Dips
19-01-2013, 11:25 AM
Hopefully, seeing as how popular this has been, they'll repeat the format in the future.

LoobyLou
19-01-2013, 12:49 PM
I would rather they didn't Dips. I have spoken to a few people who had already paid out £2.95, not realising there was a higher priced magazine with an extra freebie. Then they have to spend another £4.99 which means that they now have two lots of stamps, when they only needed one and the whole thing has cost them £7.94.

Dax
19-01-2013, 10:26 PM
Thanks PP now bought it from Smiths this afternoon, although I am disappointed as I don't think there is a lot on the CD compared to another free DoCraft CD I have from a magazine.

Dips
19-01-2013, 10:54 PM
Well, in fairness Lobby, they didn't have to buy another magazine, they made the decision to effectively spend £4.99 buying the CD. They could always sell the duplicate stamps on Ebay. In the future, they'll know to check both versions before buying. The fact is, the major chains want a £4.99 cover price, so there is always going to be a difference between the £2.9& version and the £4.99 version. Surely it's best that if there is going to be that difference that the vice-aways are items that people want.

LoobyLou
20-01-2013, 12:11 AM
In fairness they didn't, I agree, but if they wanted the CD then they did. It's admirable that they have free gifts people want, I just feel that it's unfair on people who a) don't live near a big supermarket and b) had no idea that there was a higher priced magazine with a better free gift. Also not every crafter uses the internet and as such wouldn't have a clue about ebay. But then we are all entitled to our own views and these are just mine. I don't expect everyone to feel the same as I do

jr77
20-01-2013, 09:19 AM
The big computer magazines do the same thing too. If you buy the standard version which is the one you ususally get on subscription you don't get all the free software that comes with the supermarket/Smiths version. It's very confusing.

LoobyLou
20-01-2013, 09:52 AM
Now that would really annoy me Janet. Fancy paying in advance, and therefore supporting them, and then not being offered free software, and yes I realise that the supermarket will be a higher price, but it doesn't really tempt you to get a subscription if you can get a better deal month by month.

jr77
20-01-2013, 03:23 PM
I think it is a bit unfair but I suppose you won't always want the free stuff so maybe it is better to have a cheaper version if you just want the mag.

LoobyLou
20-01-2013, 09:07 PM
I think it is a bit unfair but I suppose you won't always want the free stuff so maybe it is better to have a cheaper version if you just want the mag.

There is that as well of course Janet. Hadn't looked at it that way. But to be really effective it would need to be stocked side by side on the shelf of whichever shop you want to buy it from so you can have a proper choice