PDA

View Full Version : Would You Like to Join the Birthday Card Lite Swap 2013?

Dips
13-01-2013, 12:08 PM
Hello Fellow Crafters

This is a call-out for new members of my Birthday Card Lite Swap. It works a little differently to the other Birthday Card Swaps in so much as we only have 1 Birthday a month, therefore it suits peeps who would like to join a swap but are hesitant due to time commitments. We've been going a couple of years now and I hope that other "Lite Swap" members would agree that it has been a great way to be in a swap but not to be swamped by being in it.

We currently have 1 free slot for each of the following months:

[March - now taken by Budgie]
[June - now taken by Satincollie]
[August -now taken by Englishminx]
[September - now taken by Shoequeen]

So, by joining the swap you would be commiting to:
* sending 1 Birthday Card a month and our birthday year runs February to January
* posting pictures on the forum of your cards received on your birthday within 10 days of your birthday

Please do think about joining us, it is so lovely to receive a pile of beautiful cards on your Birthday and it is a joy to be able to send your own cards to peeps who do truly appreciate the work and creativity you've put into your own creations.

Although preference will be given to forumites who are not in an existing swap, if you are already in a swap but would like to join this one too, please do answer this call-out but could you let me know that you in a swap?

If you have any questions, just let me know. Thank you.

Edit - All slots now taken within half a day, WOW! Thanks everyone

LoobyLou
13-01-2013, 12:19 PM
I can only echo what dips has just said. Go on if you are in the right month, give it a go, it's such a buzz on birthday morning and immense fun making the cards to send out too.

englishminx
13-01-2013, 12:20 PM
I would like to take the August slot if still free

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Dips
13-01-2013, 12:22 PM
Englishminx, could you just confirm whether or not you are in any existing swaps?

Shoequeen
13-01-2013, 12:40 PM
Could I join in the swap please - my birthday is in September. I need to get out of my cardmaking rut so having to make cards for the swap might be just the push I need.

Thanks

Julie

Muffintop
13-01-2013, 02:12 PM
Hi Dips, my apologies, I didn't see this thread before replying to you in the one I started re handmade cards - duh!:taphead:

I would quite like to join if you'll have me. I'm a December birthday and I'm not in any other swaps apart from last year's Winspiration Christmas :27:swap.

Not sure if you're all full now though.:mysmilie_512:

lovepaperstroking2
13-01-2013, 04:13 PM
Awww looks like September has already gone :sad:

Dips
13-01-2013, 04:21 PM
Awww looks like September has already gone :sad:

Sorry, LPS2, I'm afraid it has - I can't believe how quickly the response has been this year! Do keep your eye out for other swaps, though, as there are several on here and we all try to stagger our start dates so that members can get a chance to join throughout the year (also I think my swap is the only one that restricts it to just one member a month).

satincollie
13-01-2013, 04:35 PM
Oh Dips you are going to think I'm crazy but can I rejoin please as you know my Birthday is June LOL sorry to mess you about

Dips
13-01-2013, 04:39 PM
Oh Dips you are going to think I'm crazy but can I rejoin please as you know my Birthday is June LOL sorry to mess you about

:clapping::giggle: One of the reasons that I posted the call out today, Gill, was in the hope of tempting you back into the fold :bandit: Glad it's worked and welcome back. I'll pm you.

satincollie
13-01-2013, 04:44 PM
:mysmilie_483::mysmilie_504: oh crafty Dips

Mistyblue
13-01-2013, 06:31 PM
Would just like to say a big thank you to Dips for organising the CT Lite swap once again. It's a great way to be in a swap without the pressure of making a large amount of cards for any particular month.

Looking forward to December now :mysmilie_14:

Dips
13-01-2013, 10:51 PM
Hi Dips, my apologies, I didn't see this thread before replying to you in the one I started re handmade cards - duh!:taphead:

I would quite like to join if you'll have me. I'm a December birthday and I'm not in any other swaps apart from last year's Winspiration Christmas :27:swap.

Not sure if you're all full now though.:mysmilie_512:

Sorry Muffintop, December was not available as it was already taken by an existing swap member. Do look out for other swaps though, not just the birthday swaps but also monthly and one-off swaps. They are such fun to participate in!

lovepaperstroking2
14-01-2013, 07:41 AM
Sorry, LPS2, I'm afraid it has - I can't believe how quickly the response has been this year! Do keep your eye out for other swaps, though, as there are several on here and we all try to stagger our start dates so that members can get a chance to join throughout the year (also I think my swap is the only one that restricts it to just one member a month).

Thank's Dips :).