PDA

View Full Version : Craft Day - on the day!

lolathelamb
25-02-2009, 11:34 PM
Just thought I'd do something useful before heading off to bed. I thought this thread would be helpful, save using the ones we've been adding to all week!

Ah, it's Nancy...let's have a little look...;) I'm thinking of you Marie! You love your DCWV, don't you?

Marie
25-02-2009, 11:57 PM
Yes I do Lola!! ACtually I've had a good look on teh QVC website at all of the Craft Day items, they are very helpfully listed there, and you know what, nothing really takes my fancy. There are some gorgeous paper kits including DCWV, AG and others, but I already have loads of gorgeous papers. There are loads of die cut this and that and rub ons and stickers, but nothing that actually makes me JUMP with desire (sad to say that some craft things have done that to me, like the Cricut and when I first saw the DCWV pads that I wanted). The only new gadget I can see is the Double Do Impress but I was hoping for some interesting stamps, stencils, things like the Bind It All and other gadgets.
Anyway I'm still looking forward to a quiet day watching many of the shows and I might be tempted to get something from DCWV or AG on impulse when I see it demo'd. But otherwise, I suppose it is actually a good thing I'm not desperately tempted.
What do others think?

lolathelamb
26-02-2009, 12:03 AM
Actually I've had a good look on the QVC website at all of the Craft Day items, they are very helpfully listed there...
Be careful with the current title page for that section - rather a lot of dead links - I think it's an old on!

The All Star line-up seems to refer to the TSV and the few experts who've, bless them, put on the best bib and tucker and stayed up late to showcase stuff we've seen before. Oh dear, I sound so grumpy.

Phree
26-02-2009, 12:09 AM
Can we stick to the usual format please - a single thread other wise it gets messy with posts all over the place. Lola I know your intentions were good when you posted this, but experience on the forum shows that it's better to keep it all on one thread.

lolathelamb
26-02-2009, 12:14 AM
Oh that's fine Phree, perfectly understand - Admin can ditch this one quite happily!

Anne
26-02-2009, 08:41 AM
I thought it was quite a nice idea to have a craft day chat thread.

GenieDi
26-02-2009, 08:59 AM
me too, no need for the attitude I think but hey ho.

pyjama princess
26-02-2009, 09:46 AM
I'm having a 'me' day! So shall be sat in front of the tv for most of the day - except when I pop on here to add to this thread :D.

Rainbowwand
26-02-2009, 09:55 AM
experience on the forum shows that all threads are welcome in my opinion :)

Linderella
26-02-2009, 09:55 AM
just watched Kathy Taylor and WRMK. I do like her but she is painful when presenting craft.

Linda

LynneH
26-02-2009, 09:57 AM
I'm having a 'me' day! So shall be sat in front of the tv for most of the day - except when I pop on here to add to this thread :D.

Me too PP. I'm snuggled up on the sofa with my netbook on my lap.

Naughty but nice! :D

Rainbowwand
26-02-2009, 10:00 AM
Me too PP. I'm snuggled up on the sofa with my netbook on my lap.

Naughty but nice! :D

and wouldnt it be so much better will little Maya snuggled in there too :D
sorry and there is you trying to wait patiently

Ribbons
26-02-2009, 10:03 AM
just watched Kathy Taylor and WRMK. I do like her but she is painful when presenting craft.

Linda

Oh I agree Linda, hopefully once her hours are finished we have some decent presenters on, although she does try her best. On the subject of WRMK, does anyone know where I can get the rotary cutter? I have so many cutting boards so don't need anymore but the rotary cutter looks like a handy piece of kit.

Rosy
26-02-2009, 10:05 AM
Can we stick to the usual format please - a single thread other wise it gets messy with posts all over the place. Lola I know your intentions were good when you posted this, but experience on the forum shows that it's better to keep it all on one thread.

Hi, I agree that a new thread is a good idea - it saves going through page after page to see where we are up to!!!!

Anne
26-02-2009, 10:07 AM
I've just had the telly on all the time while I'm crafting, so as I've not just been watching I haven't noticed Kathy's bumbling so much.

Marie
26-02-2009, 10:09 AM
Yes I'm up and enjoying the shows though I was a bit late starting this morning!!

And I too like having a thread for the day, please can we leave it so that we can all pop in and out and see what others are buying!

I'm really enjoying it all, glad I too booked the day "off"!!

Rainbowwand
26-02-2009, 10:12 AM
dont think its going anywhere Marie :)

Marie
26-02-2009, 10:16 AM
Anyway have to admit that I ordered the DCWV textured metallic pads a week or so ago, the 12 x 12 and 8 x 8, they are such a good price! I didn't want to wait until the show and have them sell out before I could get to the phone!
They arrived this week and they are fantastic, I just LOVE them! So I'm looking forward to watcihng Nancy demoing them this evening!

Anne
26-02-2009, 10:19 AM
Oooo. Look at all the pretty ribbons on tags. :o

purdycraft
26-02-2009, 10:22 AM
I'm confused. I've just ordered the DCWV pastel card pack and there are a few reviews dating back to September on the QVC site. However according to QVC it's a 'new for craft day' product. I know some of the reviewers may have bought the stuff elsewhere, but one of them (in October) said she'd ordered 2 to take advantage of the P&P saving.
So is it new for craft day or not?

Anne
26-02-2009, 10:23 AM
Oooo. Look at all the pretty ribbons on tags. :o

I bought them. Mainly because I'm depressed because I can't find my gold pencil case that has all my Sakura pens in. :o

Marie
26-02-2009, 10:24 AM
Oh I agree Linda, hopefully once her hours are finished we have some decent presenters on, although she does try her best. On the subject of WRMK, does anyone know where I can get the rotary cutter? I have so many cutting boards so don't need anymore but the rotary cutter looks like a handy piece of kit.
Ribbons I have the whole kit and it is a great collection of stuff. The rotary cutter is fantastic but the cutting board comes with this fantastic magnetic metal ruler and little magnets which are BRILLIANT for holdng card/paper in place while you line things up. It's one of those inventions that you didn't realise you needed until you start using it - you just put the little magnets on teh corners of your card or paper.
Mind you I'm not exactly experienced when it comes to craft, but it does help me!

ob1
26-02-2009, 10:27 AM
Ribbons I have the whole kit and it is a great collection of stuff. The rotary cutter is fantastic but the cutting board comes with this fantastic magnetic metal ruler and little magnets which are BRILLIANT for holdng card/paper in place while you line things up. It's one of those inventions that you didn't realise you needed until you start using it - you just put the little magnets on teh corners of your card or paper.
Mind you I'm not exactly experienced when it comes to craft, but it does help me!

Marie, they should hire you as a presenter! I've been dithering over that kit, but you've just sold it to me!

Rainbowwand
26-02-2009, 10:34 AM
IMO as many threads as you want, the more the merrier!

thanks Graham and agreed :)

lolathelamb
26-02-2009, 10:36 AM
I'm confused. I've just ordered the DCWV pastel card pack and there are a few reviews dating back to September on the QVC site. However according to QVC it's a 'new for craft day' product. I know some of the reviewers may have bought the stuff elsewhere, but one of them (in October) said she'd ordered 2 to take advantage of the P&P saving.
So is it new for craft day or not? I wrote one of those reviews - and bought from QVC when the item came online before Xmas - I think this is the first demo! This happens quite a lot with new items online which is why SCW's info is SO brilliant!

DCWV really is great stuff.

PS edit - No, my review is not on QVC re this DCWV pastel pad but I did buy it at the most affordable price that Jeanette says below!

Jeanette
26-02-2009, 10:37 AM
So is it new for craft day or not?

I bought the both the pastel and the jewel kits back in September and they were only £13.49 then!! What a bargain!!

It was one of the items on this thread!
http://www.crafttelly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50&highlight=DCWV+pastel

lolathelamb
26-02-2009, 10:37 AM
Marie, they should hire you as a presenter! I've been dithering over that kit, but you've just sold it to me!

Great comp! QVC should audition real crafters to be their resident (part time is fine) craft presenter. We'd all be fantastic at working between the gallery and the expert and saying useful comments - I think!

DianaDreads
26-02-2009, 10:47 AM
I bought a pack of eclairs (only 2 in it mind!) to scoff while I'm watching :D

LynneH
26-02-2009, 10:48 AM
It's not from QVC but I've just ordered a lovely bonded chocolate leather scrapbook from Kalulu. It will be perfect for my Chocolate Lab puppy photos.

ob1
26-02-2009, 10:49 AM
Great comp! QVC should audition real crafters to be their resident (part time is fine) craft presenter. We'd all be fantastic at working between the gallery and the expert and saying useful comments - I think!

But what if you had to present something like today's TSV? My face would be a picture, and any useful comments I made would have to be bleeped out for fear of offending viewers of a sensitive disposition (as if the TSV weren't offensive enough!)

lolathelamb
26-02-2009, 10:56 AM
But what if you had to present something like today's TSV? My face would be a picture, and any useful comments I made would have to be bleeped out for fear of offending viewers of a sensitive disposition (as if the TSV weren't offensive enough!) The pictures you inspire are priceless - we'd be able to play 'guess which item our resident crafter presenter hates' on here.

Lioness
26-02-2009, 11:17 AM
[QUOTE=Marie;26449Ribbons I have the whole kit and it is a great collection of stuff. The rotary cutter is fantastic but the cutting board comes with this fantastic magnetic metal ruler and little magnets which are BRILLIANT for holdng card/paper in place while you line things up. It's one of those inventions that you didn't realise you needed until you start using it - you just put the little magnets on teh corners of your card or paper.
Mind you I'm not exactly experienced when it comes to craft, but it does help me![/QUOTE]

Marie, can you tell me if there are also measurements in centimetres?

Is there anything on the back of the cutting board?

thank you

turquoise
26-02-2009, 11:22 AM
I stayed up to see TSV and thought omg what a shocker :confused:appologies to all who love it.:): anyway have bought the anna griffen tote as i love her totes bought the previous one. Also bought the embossing stensils and peels offs as i loved the design. Now gong to chill and watch normal telly but keep one eye on lap top have got a cat who adopted me lying on back of sofa sound asleep wonder where he goes when not with me, his real owner doesnt bother with him he turned up on our door starving an cold just after new year and has been visiting two or three times a day since sorry of going off topic but he is a fabulous friendly cat if mum lets him in he gets through to room and looks at me deciding whether to wake me or not lol

Boris Bear
26-02-2009, 11:30 AM
The shelf cards in the 12 noon hour are fabulous!

lolathelamb
26-02-2009, 11:32 AM
Aren't they wonderful BB? Lindsay Mason is very innovative and talented - a new dimension entirely.
Here's the product we mean:
587762 (http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.587762)

Dips
26-02-2009, 11:44 AM
Oh, you all seem to be having a lot of fun! I've just popped by whilst I have my soup for lunch, not seen anything other than the mult-screen showing of the TSV whilst I got dressed this morning. I'll catch up at the weekend. Wish I was with you all today!

Marie
26-02-2009, 11:47 AM
Well I can certainly talk as much as most of the existing presenters, lol!!

Marie
26-02-2009, 11:51 AM

Hi Lioness, the measurements on the board are only in inches, nothing metric. But the ruler, which is big and chunky and doesn't slip off like plastic or wooden ones, has cm as well as inches.
The back is blank which is a shame as it could have the metric on for us European crafters.

Marie
26-02-2009, 12:09 PM
Just got myself the "Initially Yours" papers - I've been eyeing that pad for ages but wanted to see the designs, less than £10 for 200 papers is great value and the papers look very pretty!
Anyone else got this one?

sugarplum
26-02-2009, 12:21 PM
Typical. I got Ross off to school and thought I would watch an hour of qvc in bed as a treat before getting dressed... big mistake.. guess who just woke up!! Cant beleive it I take a day off work and end up sleeping through half of it Did I miss anything exciting? I have had a look through the days listing on qvc but there isnt anything that I fancy. I wish they would do more stamping with modern stamps There are so many fantastic ranges out there.

anna_fran
26-02-2009, 12:22 PM
I stayed up to see TSV and thought omg what a shocker :confused:appologies to all who love it.:): anyway have bought the anna griffen tote as i love her totes bought the previous one. Also bought the embossing stensils and peels offs as i loved the design. Now gong to chill and watch normal telly but keep one eye on lap top have got a cat who adopted me lying on back of sofa sound asleep wonder where he goes when not with me, his real owner doesnt bother with him he turned up on our door starving an cold just after new year and has been visiting two or three times a day since sorry of going off topic but he is a fabulous friendly cat if mum lets him in he gets through to room and looks at me deciding whether to wake me or not lol

Couldn't agree with you more about the TSV. It's not that I'm anti Kanban, I think they can produce some very good quality card but these themed kits are just so huge I can never use them all, I just wouldn't want to make so many similar cards and I have several kits lurking guiltily at the back of my cupboards that lay testament to this. I'll never buy one of this type of kit again, no matter how cheap they are if 80-90% of the kits aren't use the actually become very expensive way of crafting.

Anyway Turquoise, glad to see your enjoying feline company but I try to keep my 2 out of the bedroom as they tend to behave like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0ffwDYo00Q

The only thing that Simon has left out is their propensity to bite my toes if I'm so foolish as to let to poke out from underneath the duvet.

Jeanette
26-02-2009, 12:27 PM
Just got myself the "Initially Yours" papers - I've been eyeing that pad for ages but wanted to see the designs, less than £10 for 200 papers is great value and the papers look very pretty!
Anyone else got this one?

They are great value Marie. I have this (http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.587725/walk.yah.UKCO-U421) on cheque hold ATM as I'm not supposed to be buying anything but am very tempted :rolleyes:

Marie
26-02-2009, 12:31 PM
Yes I liked those DCWV papers but actually not as much as the "Initially Yours". So for once I can resist some DCWV papers, doesn't happen often!
Actually a lot of the stuff on today isn't new, and if you are on a stash diet at teh minute, you can get it in a couple of months. But it's still nice to get a little something for some new paper stroking :D:D

Rentochops
26-02-2009, 12:36 PM
Hi guys, looks like you are having fun, am also on lunch so catching up - good thing is that OH is out tonight - so after six have TV to myself ALL evening!:D

Lioness
26-02-2009, 12:39 PM

Hi Lioness, the measurements on the board are only in inches, nothing metric. But the ruler, which is big and chunky and doesn't slip off like plastic or wooden ones, has cm as well as inches.
The back is blank which is a shame as it could have the metric on for us European crafters.

Thanks Marie.

That is a shame. I find that it is easier to work in centimetres as I can get more accurate measurements

Little Jan
26-02-2009, 12:40 PM
The back is blank which is a shame as it could have the metric on for us European crafters.[/QUOTE]

LOL I still work in old money so that will be pefect for me :rolleyes:

Mistyblue
26-02-2009, 12:49 PM
Afternoon all :D

Well, so far all I can say is........BORING!! I taped the 1am hour as the midnight hour was so bad I went to bed. Got Nathan off to school, sat down to watch at 9am and woke up at 11.40 am :eek: Hardly any new items listed for the day as far as I can see. Waiting for the Prima hour as I love their stuff :)

Has anyone else noticed that alot of the stuff seems to have gone up in price? I have noticed the DCWV especially

Might have to go and spend my pennies elsewhere at this rate ;)

turquoise
26-02-2009, 12:49 PM
Anna Fran love the clip of simons cat made me laugh i still have cat sound asleep on back of couch lol going to go back to qvc at 2 for an hour then mum will want to see countdown and i have to make tea before work

Little Jan
26-02-2009, 12:51 PM
[

LOL so funny, I just played that and My lab Ruby dived off the bed (she has a blanket in the spare room next to where I craft)Shes run off to investigate the sound.

When my daughter has a lie in Ruby will creep up stairs and sit by her bed for a few mins, the she will collect toys and put them on the bed if Claire does not wake after 10mins she will look for her face and lick it and then bounce onto the bed trying to stuff a toy in her mouth and will not give up till Claire gets out of bed.best alarm clock in the house:D

lolathelamb
26-02-2009, 01:04 PM
Anyone else got this one? I have two packs already as NEVER want to be without them, Marie.

lolathelamb
26-02-2009, 01:05 PM
Hi guys, looks like you are having fun, am also on lunch so catching up - good thing is that OH is out tonight - so after six have TV to myself ALL evening!:D ROC - the fun we are having is all self-made - on here! The telly is really ordinary.

Julie
26-02-2009, 01:15 PM
Does anyone already have that Pro Glider Dawn has just been using?

lolathelamb
26-02-2009, 01:16 PM
I am not able to cope with Pipa's 'Yeah, yeah, yeah - OK - oh, it's brilliant' a minute longer...it is OK to be quiet sometimes, yeah, yeah, yeah - it's brilliant when you do!

Marie
26-02-2009, 01:18 PM
Well I know that there isn't a load of really exciting new stuff, but I'm still enjoying watching the shows as it's great to see the guests! I'm still new enough to craft that I like watching most of the demos and even if I'm not actually "excited" by anything, there still are lots of nice things to watch.
Feels like a bit of a party day and I'm enjoying hearing what everybody else has bought!

Boris Bear
26-02-2009, 01:19 PM
Oh dear we have just had yeah x 5!

Anne
26-02-2009, 01:21 PM
Blimmin Nora - t-caller on now. :rolleyes:

fabyon
26-02-2009, 01:23 PM
They are great value Marie. I have this (http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.587725/walk.yah.UKCO-U421) on cheque hold ATM as I'm not supposed to be buying anything but am very tempted :rolleyes:

I have all the paper packs from Brenda Pinnick's range and also that scrapbook kit & Christmas holder. Vince and I always come back to them to make cards, it goes and on and on. Brilliant patterned papers to mix and match.

Marie
26-02-2009, 01:30 PM
Yes this is definatelhy the hour or two of the "yeah yeah".....

Just noticed that the gorgeous DCWV metallic textured papers (586885) have gone up in price today! I got 2 sets of mine a week or so ago for £17.68 each, now they are £23.06! So I'm glad I've got stocked up with them at the old price! I assume that the reason for this is that they cost QVC more now that the sterling/dollar rate has gone up.

I still think they are good value, even at the new price. It is fabulous textured card and teh metallic colours are gorgeous, but I'm glad I got mine before the prices went up.

lolathelamb
26-02-2009, 01:33 PM
Ooh me too Marie - never noticed these fast price discrepancies before. Is this a sign of the times for all concerned?

Marie
26-02-2009, 01:41 PM
Well as you know, Lola, the prices on imported products do reflect the changing sterling/dollar exchange rate and the pound was so high last year that prices were bound to increase at some point. I'm sure I'm not the first person to comment here on it. Hopefully that means prices will come down if sterling goes back up again??? Somehow I doubt it!

lolathelamb
26-02-2009, 01:43 PM
Thanks for that info, Marie. I'll keep my eyes open in future! I just thought we had a QVC price that could be offered lower but didn't go up. Bit naive now I come to think about it - especially with imports!

Anne
26-02-2009, 01:45 PM
585398 - glitter paper. We sell this in the shop at 45p a sheet. With the addition of qvc's p&p, not such a bargain. :) It's beautiful paper though.

Ribbons
26-02-2009, 01:54 PM

Yes ob1 Marie has sold it to me too.............but I don't need another cutting board, oh arlight then :D

Couldn't agree with you more about the TSV. It's not that I'm anti Kanban, I think they can produce some very good quality card but these themed kits are just so huge I can never use them all, I just wouldn't want to make so many similar cards and I have several kits lurking guiltily at the back of my cupboards that lay testament to this. I'll never buy one of this type of kit again, no matter how cheap they are if 80-90% of the kits aren't use the actually become very expensive way of crafting.

I was going to say this earlier, I've also got several 'brown boxes' with kits in, I have got a big family and quite a few friends, but there is a limit to how many cards you make - I mean some of these kits would last you a whole year, then you wouldn't need to buy anything else and imagine how awful that would be :).

Mistyblue
26-02-2009, 02:09 PM
Yes this is definatelhy the hour or two of the "yeah yeah".....

Just noticed that the gorgeous DCWV metallic textured papers (586885) have gone up in price today! I got 2 sets of mine a week or so ago for £17.68 each, now they are £23.06! So I'm glad I've got stocked up with them at the old price! I assume that the reason for this is that they cost QVC more now that the sterling/dollar rate has gone up.

I still think they are good value, even at the new price. It is fabulous textured card and teh metallic colours are gorgeous, but I'm glad I got mine before the prices went up.

THat's what I meant Marie, some of the items have gone up by around £8! I know the exchange rate is awful for us at the moment but I ber QVC didn't/won't adjust when it is good for us.

Boris Bear
26-02-2009, 02:49 PM

I just had a look at it on the website, it looks like very expensive for the amount of adhesive you get. In terms of cost I don't think you can beat double-sided tape.

Julie
26-02-2009, 02:53 PM
I just had a look at it on the website, it looks like very expensive for the amount of adhesive you get. In terms of cost I don't think you can beat double-sided tape.

Must admit I thought it looked a bit pricey too, that's why I wondered if there was something special about it.

Anne
26-02-2009, 02:54 PM

Isn't it just a tape runner with a handle?

purdycraft
26-02-2009, 02:56 PM
[QUOTE=Jeanette;26454]I bought the both the pastel and the jewel kits back in September and they were only £13.49 then!! What a bargain!!

Gosh, you were lucky!

Ribbons
26-02-2009, 03:23 PM
I hadn't noticed the price increases, but now you mention it, it has put me off ordering.......a bit!

Wellington
26-02-2009, 03:25 PM
I usually manage to stay up for the launch but I was so shattered from looking after DS I had to go to bed.

I've caught a bit today - the TSV is just too big. There are some aspects that are OK & I may pick 'n choose from elsewhere at a later date :D

QVC should audition real crafters to be their resident (part time is fine) craft presenter. We'd all be fantastic at working between the gallery and the expert and saying useful comments - I think!

Like "No, shut up we want to see the demo!"

But what if you had to present something like today's TSV? My face would be a picture, and any useful comments I made would have to be bleeped out for fear of offending viewers of a sensitive disposition (as if the TSV weren't offensive enough!)

ROLFLAMAO OB1

The shelf cards in the 12 noon hour are fabulous!

Poo! Missed 'em - them's the stamps I spotted a few days back, no video online yet

Anyway Turquoise, glad to see your enjoying feline company but I try to keep my 2 out of the bedroom as they tend to behave like this:

The only thing that Simon has left out is their propensity to bite my toes if I'm so foolish as to let to poke out from underneath the duvet.

Absolutely hilarious - thanks for that Anna. Just showed it to the kids & they thought it was fantastic (& the other one where the cat wants to come in through the glass door - just like our Welly)

anna_fran
26-02-2009, 03:37 PM
Absolutely hilarious - thanks for that Anna. Just showed it to the kids & they thought it was fantastic (& the other one where the cat wants to come in through the glass door - just like our Welly)

There's a third one Welly, where the cat tries to get Simon to feed him whilst Simon is watching a football match. Thought this could be relevant to one or two people here.;)

Little Jan
26-02-2009, 03:47 PM
[QUOTE=Marie;26528]Yes this is definatelhy the hour or two of the "yeah yeah".....

maybe she saw the Beatles pic in the TSV
She loves you Yeah Yeah Yeah:rolleyes:

LynneH
26-02-2009, 03:57 PM
I'm continuing my lazy day, pizza and salad for tea. Minimal time in the kitchen. :D

It's a good job they don't happen every week. LOL!

fabyon
26-02-2009, 04:06 PM
Chilli con carne tonight ! I hope it's not too spicy... 8-)

Marie
26-02-2009, 04:15 PM
I'm just watching the recording of this mornings "WRMK" show - I don't like to be indelicate, but is Kathy Taylor pregnant? Not that I'm at all criticising her shape - with my ample figure, I can't criticise anyone - but she does seem to be carrying pregnancy weight.
I thought she was really good this morning, she is one of my favourite presenters.

LynneH
26-02-2009, 04:18 PM
I'm just watching the recording of this mornings "WRMK" show - I don't like to be indelicate, but is Kathy Taylor pregnant? Not that I'm at all criticising her shape - with my ample figure, I can't criticise anyone - but she does seem to be carrying pregnancy weight.
I thought she was really good this morning, she is one of my favourite presenters.

She did say she was 49 so I doubt it. I think she was just wearing an unflattering top.

GenieDi
26-02-2009, 04:51 PM
Wow looks like loads been happening while I have been out, I have come home shattered after my trip into Colchester so hopefully feet up and watch nancy hill, a little later.

blarf
26-02-2009, 04:59 PM
Ooh I bought those pretty prima flowers with the gold hand painted on them, they were sooo pretty (I bet I don't use them but I'll stroke them lots)

Mistyblue
26-02-2009, 05:03 PM
I caved in the Prima hour, have the bucket of flowers & the corner stamp set on chq hold. Only now I am wondering about the value of the bucket of flowers :o - anyone help me out on this?

blarf
26-02-2009, 05:04 PM

If anyone is still wondering, you can't buy the bits of this set separately, I wanted a new cutting mat and the purple had me, in the end I bought the whole set and haven't regretted it, the magnetic idea is genius!

lolathelamb
26-02-2009, 05:29 PM
I thought she was really good this morning, she is one of my favourite presenters. I think (we) ladies of a certain age spread rather unflatteringly, and I have always felt that Kathy might often be struggling with health issues of some kind. It must be hard to be on telly with all of us watching every step of the way! She did, at least, do more listening and far less gushing than some of her fellow presenters.
I've just seen Claire dancing onto Craig & Dawn's set like she's on something - cloud cuckoo land, I think (being kind). She really is OTT and I do like to be kind if I can be.
But these people are in our homes, our ears and our faces all day long!
I thought the Prima lady was delightful and could easily watch more of her. A genuinely creative lady.

suetheiron
26-02-2009, 05:34 PM
I caved in the Prima hour, have the bucket of flowers & the corner stamp set on chq hold. Only now I am wondering about the value of the bucket of flowers :o - anyone help me out on this?

It's not a bad price Mistyblue if you want all of the colours. I bought a couple this morning from 'Gina's crafty Ideas' for £4.00 a pot with free P&P, so I'm well pleased. I must admit I bought the Prima flower centre crystals from QVC this afternoon though

suetheiron
26-02-2009, 05:36 PM
Sorry duplicated above:rolleyes:

Marie
26-02-2009, 05:43 PM
Lola if you could see me, you'd understand why I'm not criticising! I'm a very ripe apple shape (putting it nicely) and when wearing clothes that are a bit neat fitting, I literally look like a michelin tyre from my shoulders to my hips!! I think it is that mostly we middle-aged women do tend to put weight on around our middle and as you say, it isn't the most flattering of looks for any of us. And to think, when I was young, I used to think that I would NEVER loose my figure.....
I've been channel hopping this hour anyway as Claire's gushing is doing my head in. I've heard her comment on the fact that when she goes "up north" she has an accent and believe me I can tell that she is putting on that TV voice - I wouldn't be at all surprised if she's had years of elocution to get rid of the accent.
Oh here I am sounding like a right old b****h. But I do think that she sounds like someone who is trying to speak posh!

LynneH
26-02-2009, 05:55 PM

You may want to look here (http://www.thatscraftyonline.com/acatalog/Prima_Clear_Stamps.html) Mistyblue. I don't know if you want the ink pads but the corner stamps are only £1.75 for 2. I found them earlier when I almost bought them on QVC. There are lots of other gorgeous Prima stamps there too.

lolathelamb
26-02-2009, 05:59 PM
Lola if you could see me, you'd understand why I'm not criticising! I'm a very ripe apple shape (putting it nicely) Me too Marie! I think crafters are naturally indoor types and so often spread according to the amount of sitting and eating chocolate that goes with our hobby.

Oh here I am sounding like a right old b****h. But I do think that she sounds like someone who is trying to speak posh! What you are saying, I am thinking - she is doing my head in big time.

Julie
26-02-2009, 06:00 PM
You may want to look here (http://www.thatscraftyonline.com/acatalog/Prima_Clear_Stamps.html) Mistyblue. I don't know if you want the ink pads but the corner stamps are only £1.75 for 2. I found them earlier when I almost bought them on QVC. There are lots of other gorgeous Prima stamps there too.

Thank you Lynne I had just posted on the other thread about missing the corner stamps. god there 10 Prima stamps I want on there !!

LynneH
26-02-2009, 06:04 PM
Thank you Lynne I had just posted on the other thread about missing the corner stamps. god there 10 Prima stamps I want on there !!

I'm happy to help you spend Julie. There are some gorgeous stamps there

Rainbowwand
26-02-2009, 06:08 PM
Well i have clicked the link but i dont know whether i dare look :D
i bet there is something i just must have :D

Rainbowwand
26-02-2009, 06:12 PM
Yep i was right :D plenty on there that i would love to buy :)

pyjama princess
26-02-2009, 06:31 PM
Thank you Lynne (I think! LOL!). I wanted the corner stamps but missed out. Now I can just buy the ones that I want instead of the whole set.

Anne
26-02-2009, 06:45 PM
Ooh I bought those pretty prima flowers with the gold hand painted on them, they were sooo pretty (I bet I don't use them but I'll stroke them lots)

I bought those too - they're soooooo gorgeous. :)

Rainbowwand
26-02-2009, 06:51 PM
I bought those too - they're soooooo gorgeous. :)

they were rather delish!!! :D

Dips
26-02-2009, 07:25 PM
Haven't seen it yet, MB, but I can confirm that the corner stamps are a great price (not seen them shown yet but did see them on the website). I recently paid over £6 for just 1 corner stamp - so that is a great priced set.

Flowerpot
26-02-2009, 09:39 PM
I haven't brought anything from a QVC craft hour in months & months, but went a bit overboard this time round (just to make up for it) I got those lovely ribbons they had on in citrus.. the ones that had the fat rolls in um, think it was a Dawn hour?? wanted to go for them in the earth tones to but felt a bit greedy so didn't bother....yet lol. Had to got to work at the beginning of the Prima show so miss out on getting the bucket of paper flowers, but have it on waitlist....just hope they have um back in & finally the 5 pack of Prima viola border strips. Am also looking at getting some of DCWV products as there are a few I like, just need to make my mind up which ones :)

Opps I forgot I brought those fab rainbow drops, lol

Mistyblue
26-02-2009, 11:13 PM

Thanks Lynne :D Giong buy from there I think, there are some others that probably will find there way to my house as well, particuarly a gorgeous heart one :D

Mistyblue
26-02-2009, 11:58 PM
okay, done with thinking, job done :D

Thanks for link Lynne :D

LynneH
27-02-2009, 07:50 AM
You're welcome Mistyblue.

Anne
27-02-2009, 09:43 AM
Opps I forgot I brought those fab rainbow drops, lol

I thought they were really lovely too, but I like things like that to be self-adhesive.

LynneH
27-02-2009, 10:17 AM
My crafty goodies that I ordered from Kalulu yesterday have just turned up. I bet QVC's parcels won't be as quick.

Marie
27-02-2009, 10:19 AM
Well I enjoyed Craft Day for the most part, I didn't watch every show (couldn't miss Grey's Anatomy...) but have a couple of hours taped, including Rosemary's, which I will watch at my leisure. There were some nice things - nothing spectacular, but I still enjoyed seeing the guests and their products. And I'll be looking forward to the next one, by then I'm sure I'll be ready for some new stuff!
I only bought the "Initially Yours" pad so will be able to treat myself to something from Glenda in the next few weeks instead. I love the look of the Filigree Flowers, Filigree Fusion and Damask Designs CDs so will choose one of those and one of the stamp sets, probably the Damask Hearts as I've always loved that.
Thank you Lola for starting this thread and everybody who contributed! I enjoyed popping in during the day yesterday and reading the posts, it was like having a great crafty day out with lots of nice friends!

Jeanette
27-02-2009, 10:20 AM
I thought they were really lovely too, but I like things like that to be self-adhesive.

Self adhesive rainbow drops, whatever next? ;) Aren't rainbow drops coloured puffed rice? They'd get stuck in your throat Anne if they were self adhesive :p

Rainbowwand
27-02-2009, 10:23 AM
I didnt watch a lot yesterday, but do have a number of shows recorded, did however watch the last hour which i thought was dismal, or was that just me?

Anne
27-02-2009, 10:25 AM
Self adhesive rainbow drops, whatever next? ;) Aren't rainbow drops coloured puffed rice? They'd get stuck in your throat Anne if they were self adhesive :p

Very funny. :D Did you see them, Jeanette? They were more like those tiny little jewel coloured boiled sweets (whose name escapes me just now) than the puffed rice.

LorraineJ
27-02-2009, 10:33 AM
What little I saw of craft day bored me to tears.

Wellington
27-02-2009, 10:38 AM
Very funny. :D Did you see them, Jeanette? They were more like those tiny little jewel coloured boiled sweets (whose name escapes me just now) than the puffed rice.

Yes they were! They were rather yummy looking :)

I had quite an urge to own the little set of spring papers & glittery swirly rub ons (that didn't actually rub on :rolleyes: ) from the same show - I thought they were really pretty.

Rainbowwand
27-02-2009, 10:41 AM
Yes they were! They were rather yummy looking :)

I had quite an urge to own the little set of spring papers & glittery swirly rub ons (that didn't actually rub on :rolleyes: ) from the same show - I thought they were really pretty.

i couldnt understand why they kept the camera on them for so long :D what an advert, wonder how many sets sold after they didnt manage to get them to rub on lol :D

Ribbons
27-02-2009, 10:43 AM
Thank you Lola for starting this thread and everybody who contributed! I enjoyed popping in during the day yesterday and reading the posts, it was like having a great crafty day out with lots of nice friends!

I agree Marie, it was great being able to come on here and have a 'chat' because no-one else around me was interested! Trouble is it did encourage me to spend more than I would have :).

Jeanette
27-02-2009, 10:51 AM

No I missed them Anne. Sounds like something I might NEED though! I'll have to check out the website :D

LoobyLou
27-02-2009, 12:02 PM
I succumbed to NOTHING!, but I might have spent some money elsewhere.

I found the TSV to be boring and was sick to death of seeing it by the end of the day.

Is it my imagination or are they covering less and less crafts on craft day?

There was no parchment crafting.

It seemed to be loaded with decoupage and kanban, with some DCWV thrown in for good measure.

I was lucky enough to get the jewel stack at the knock down price last time around, and I already have the Once Upon a Time, Luxury and Metallic stacks. I did buy the plain glitter stack but sent it back as it lacked the Zing that showed on the tv.

The only thing that caught my eye were 4 foam floral stamps and they may well pop up in last clicks.

All in all, whilst I sat there most of the day had I not been stitching a wedding card I would have found it boring.

Looby

PS Would have had those gorgeous glitter rubons too, had they actually rubbed on..... in fact I threw them on check hold and missed the presentation. Were it not for you ladies on here I would have upgraded that to a credit card payment and bought myself some non rubon rubons..... Those Royal Langknickel ones never rub on either.

Mothership
27-02-2009, 12:30 PM
I quite deliberately went out for most of the day, increasingly I find Craft Days disappointing in the extreme.
Rubber stamping has all but disappeared and been replaced by decoupage, a craft for which personally I can drum up little enthusiasm for.

Looking through my recording of the days events I was amazed at how few new items were shown and how often I'd previously seen so many of the offerings. If QVC want us with previous experience of their craft shows to stay with these marathon I think they need to review their content.

The change in format for the launch shows was a huge disappointment, the only new items in the two hours were upsells for the TSV and the "Star Guests" had nothing new to show, sorry QVC but your "Stars" were definitely lacklustre this time out.

Rentochops
27-02-2009, 01:17 PM
Somehow I spent £101 - oh dear I blame Prima mainly!

That's my spending out fo the window for the next 3 months, except Messy Rabbit CD...

LynneH
27-02-2009, 01:28 PM
.....and stamps....

Flowerpot
27-02-2009, 02:12 PM
Somehow I spent £101 - oh dear I blame Prima mainly!

That's my spending out fo the window for the next 3 months, except Messy Rabbit CD...

I've not added up my spend, dare not, the shock might be to much, lol... so think I'll keep my head firmly in the sand http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h284/jenny_001/Pics%20for%20forums/Lalanotlisterning.gif

lolathelamb
27-02-2009, 02:27 PM
Thank you, thank you so much, QVC - your Craft Day goods were so deliciously un-tempting, I was able to stick to my plan and spent out on one product only - micro dots - and I don't think they were aired as such or, if they were, not often! Although, they are often used in demos even when out of stock...

However...I did have my own plan for Craft Day because:

since joining this group, I've come to enjoy the interaction and finding out why aspects of craft are important to other crafters
I was not intending to buy anything as I now only buy with my Debit Card, having spent too much on credit in the past
I have bought some items recently from the Clearance section which I find really useful for real bargains when I can afford them
I had bought a couple of pre-airing items (thanks to SCW) that were genuinely intended to fill in my stash GAPS
I probably look through my stash and keep it tidy a bit too much but it does mean I know what I've already got and what I don't really need

But the true flame when out of my candle when I found out this Craft Day was to be so Kanban focussed. We were told by DB herself last night that she was the one who introduced Kanban to QVC and now they are the single largest supplier to UK Craft.

Woolworths used to be that busy and look what happened to them and other companies that relied on them...

Craft Days and craft hours will always hold a fascination for me because I love to see products being demonstrated - it's how I learn. My disappointment is clearly because the width of skills has narrowed to cater for the perceived 'trends' and one particular skill (decoupage). That does not make decoupage 'evil' (unless you are LP) but I feel that if I relied on it, family/friends recipients of cards would start to notice the similarities in all my cards.

Anne
27-02-2009, 02:32 PM
Please note that Lola's views do not represent the views of everybody on the forum. :)

The TSV presentations allowed me to move away from the television without worrying about what I might miss.

LoobyLou
27-02-2009, 03:10 PM
Please note that Lola's views do not represent the views of everybody on the forum. :)

The TSV presentations allowed me to move away from the television without worrying about what I might miss.

Snap Anne,

and when the non rubons were on I guess I must have needed a bathroom break.

Looby

Wellington
27-02-2009, 03:27 PM
and when the non rubons were on I guess I must have needed a bathroom break.

Looby

587793 (http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.587793/walk.yah.UKCO-U375) - the video's up if you're at all interested :D They start trying to do the rub-ons just over 4mins in & neither of them can get even a tiny part of the rub on to actually rub on...

lolathelamb
27-02-2009, 03:38 PM
Well, I have to breathe on my HRT patches to get them to stick fast - is that the same thing, d'you think.

BTW Of course my views are my own. That's what's great about all of us - we are different! And I too had plenty of breaks yesterday! Too much was missable, sadly! The title of my post was ironic, I thought.

Anne
27-02-2009, 03:44 PM
BTW Of course my views are my own. That's what's great about all of us - we are different! And I too had plenty of breaks yesterday! Too much was missable, sadly! The title of my post was ironic, I thought.

Hope you didn't take offence Lola. It's just that the first parts of your post were concerned with "I" and then later changed to "we" and "our".

lolathelamb
27-02-2009, 03:53 PM
Hope you didn't take offence Lola. It's just that the first parts of your post were concerned with "I" and then later changed to "we" and "our".You are right Anne so I've given the post a much-needed 'extreme edit' - and I call myself a writer! Switching point of view part the way through was daft. Thanks for telling me.

alwayscrafting
27-02-2009, 05:04 PM
Well i'm glad i wasn't the only one that found the craft day boring.

I watched the launch of the TSV but after 5 mins was bored and decided the inside of my eyelids was far more interesting and relaxing!

I will admit to recording most of the shows but now having watched them on fast forward for the most part, i can't say that i saw anything new.

Just the dreaded decoupage, and toppers galore and the actual TSV I thought was awful, I didn't like one thing about it, but I know some would love the very garish colours and images

I am just glad that i had the means to record and not watch live, but I think i would have gone and done some of the dreaded housework.........

Was it a figment of my imagination but I seem to recall a time when the prospect of a craft day made me book a holiday just to watch all day....?

It should have been called Kanban, Toppers and Decoupage Day!

Rentochops
27-02-2009, 05:52 PM
You are right Anne so I've given the post a much-needed 'extreme edit' - and I call myself a writer! Switching point of view part the way through was daft. Thanks for telling me.

I think the best way to deal with Craft Day is to tape it all and just watch the parts that interest you, I too think there was far too much Kanban..mind you I don't have much choice cos of that annoying thing called work:D

Dips
27-02-2009, 06:31 PM
Well, I'm looking forward to catching up on all I missed over the weekend. I've got 2340 sparklies to stick onto bits of card this weekend, so it will keep me amused whilst I'm doing that! I caught a bit last night, and I am really looking forward to watching the Prima show (seems to have good reviews on here). I liked the toppers in the Shabby Chic kit but will wait until, hopefully, Wins has them as I didn't want the whole kit.

I'm sure I'm not alone in that I'm having my craft day at the weekend, so those of us that missed the actual day, let's keep chatting as we catch up with our luckier CT'ers:)

Mistyblue
27-02-2009, 06:42 PM
That had got to be the worst craft day ever!! The last hour was just a complete & utter waste of time :mad: I'm sure that DB used to hold back some new stuff until the last hour? I know that the tape gun sold out before she had time to demo it, there was 20 mins to fill in LOL!!! I did go for the 18 mini scrap book set, thought I would get all those photo's out from the loft and it will be so much quicker & easier to do 6 x 6 than 12 x 12, thought they were a fairly good price. The bucket of flowers is still on chq hold whilst I do a search ion Prima flowers and then decide wether to convert,

all in all I think the jury has decided on the craft day - :eek: :rolleyes:

Although it was fun in here :D

lolathelamb
27-02-2009, 06:55 PM
I'm sure that DB used to hold back some new stuff until the last hour? I thought that too, MB. My conclusion is they trotted out a lot of past stock because, in general, the crafting sales have slowed right down OR wrong stock!

Rainbowwand
28-02-2009, 11:20 AM
That had got to be the worst craft day ever!! The last hour was just a complete & utter waste of time :mad: I'm sure that DB used to hold back some new stuff until the last hour? I know that the tape gun sold out before she had time to demo it, there was 20 mins to fill in LOL!!! I did go for the 18 mini scrap book set, thought I would get all those photo's out from the loft and it will be so much quicker & easier to do 6 x 6 than 12 x 12, thought they were a fairly good price. The bucket of flowers is still on chq hold whilst I do a search ion Prima flowers and then decide wether to convert,

all in all I think the jury has decided on the craft day - :eek: :rolleyes:

Although it was fun in here :D

I agree with you there, it was really dismal i thought, and yes as Lola says so many old kits seemed to have been dragged out, all in all an miserable craft day

Rentochops
28-02-2009, 11:24 AM
What I will say it is better than silver, gold, gem, beauty or fashion day...it's better than no craft on QVC or TV in general and even though the TSV was dissapoiniting to most of us, thank goodness there is some craft on TV or we wouldn't be together :)

Jeanette
28-02-2009, 12:01 PM
What I will say it is better than silver, gold, gem, beauty or fashion day...it's better than no craft on QVC or TV in general and even though the TSV was dissapoiniting to most of us, thank goodness there is some craft on TV or we wouldn't be together :)

That's very true ROC!

Rentochops
28-02-2009, 12:15 PM
That's very true ROC!

Of course you can watch C&C Craft Weekends every other week - but their POTD/4DD's are always really exciting and different:D

Why couldn't Joanna Sheen's Messy Rabbit be a POTD? Or have they a contract with MIC and whoever does their decoupage kits I wonder.

Anyway I am glad to have ANY craft on TV, even Alan & Barry's wobbly home footage on one of the other channels was better than nowt.

Of course I am not saying don't say negative stuff about QVC Craft Day - cos we have to be honest, but my complaint actually is there are not enough Craft Days on QVC and too many on IW - therefore we care less about an IW Craft event and more about the QVC ones, we need balance!

Marie
28-02-2009, 12:53 PM
Well I generally prefer the mix of stuff that is available on QVC, and even if Craft Day wasn't the most brilliant event, I still think that QVC brings a much better range of stuff than IW. I tend just to dip in and out of IW's Craft weekends, but had QVC on most of the day on Thursday.
I like the idea of seeing lots of good guests and just putting the day aside to do crafty stuff. Once every couple of months isn't very often but at least it's something nice to look forward to. Unfortunately I don't get the same sense of of anticipation with IW's Craft Weekends.

Wellington
28-02-2009, 03:47 PM
I almost forgot to mention, I caught one of Rosemary's hours (in the afternoon) & I was horrified at the way the products were being shown - or in fact 'not' shown to be more accurate. They seemed to take a few t/callers & Rosemary was getting bog all chance to explain what was in the kits & indeed at one point I don't think she managed to actually managed to say anything about one kit (the Cloud 9 B/W wedding kit IIRC), she just got to kind of flip through it a bit, the gallery weren't even showing close ups of it.

spurs
28-02-2009, 07:54 PM
Did you think the camera work on craft day was poor, or maybe it was the director. Only it was bad all day and surely they had a change of shift. The cameras didn't seem to be able to follow the presenters when they were showing something and the focusing on closeups was so slow that by the time the camera had adjusted they had moved on to other things. Also when we are being shown papers why have a close up on one little corner which doesn't show us the whole design.
Goodness I sound so grumpy tonight, must be time for a cuppa or something.

fabyon
28-02-2009, 09:55 PM
Did you think the camera work on craft day was poor, or maybe it was the director. Only it was bad all day and surely they had a change of shift. The cameras didn't seem to be able to follow the presenters when they were showing something and the focusing on closeups was so slow that by the time the camera had adjusted they had moved on to other things. Also when we are being shown papers why have a close up on one little corner which doesn't show us the whole design.
Goodness I sound so grumpy tonight, must be time for a cuppa or something.

It has been said in the past that QVC USA uses an overhead camera or a titled mirror (can't remember now) so it makes sense really especially when the guests are making something you can't really see it properly, that's why all the American guests are not used to tilt the stuff they're showing, I believe they're used that the item will picked up from above. If they were to use an overhead system, some demos could be quickly done when they have breaks and put as extra with the corresponding the item on the QVC website. Just a thought really but if they didn't manage to squeeze in some demos because an item has sold out etc... It would be also nice although it's a logistic nightmare to see the samples' pictures made from a kit online too with the item, but it would involve so much work that it will never happen.

Unless they equip the ladies that make the samples and before it goes on air they could take snaps, then show it as a slide show where the item details is shown as the presenter go into the spiel with the details.