PDA

View Full Version : POtD gorgeous, but no money...blast!

lynnieb
26-03-2013, 08:14 PM
The designs are so beautiful and detailed. I hope they are on offer again soon when I have some pennies

Incidentally, Are they the same ones that Steph took to QVC??

Granny Penny
26-03-2013, 08:46 PM
I haven't card crafted for about a year but if anything would bring me back these lovely dies would.:clapping:

kittyuk
26-03-2013, 08:51 PM
Do you need to use a magnetic sheet with them?

Mary
26-03-2013, 08:55 PM
No spare money here either :sad: but they are lovely.

ChelseaGirl
26-03-2013, 08:57 PM
The designs are so beautiful and detailed. I hope they are on offer again soon when I have some pennies

Incidentally, Are they the same ones that Steph took to QVC??

I think I have seen the alphabet ones before :cheeky:

Belinda B
26-03-2013, 09:03 PM
I love them too. But watching the launch show it did seem odd that Stephanie was talking about this being a new brand that was going to go international etc as if the company was totally independent of her, yet the posters behind her all say 'designed by Stephanie Weightman'. Just seemed an odd thing that I didnt hear her mention her involvement. Maybe I missed it, but I dont see why she isnt taking the credit.

Granny Penny
26-03-2013, 09:13 PM
I notice she tends to do that when she is the presenter Belinda B.

It looked to me as if the magnetic sheet acts as an extra shim which would be understandable for such detailed dies Kittyuk.

Sue
26-03-2013, 09:23 PM
Maybe she thinks viewers are too thick to notice.

Julie
26-03-2013, 09:43 PM
I am a bit tempted but get worried when everyone buys the same kit and cards all start to look a bit samey.

I am a bit like that with Spellbinders too. I also get a bit sad when it is sort of expected to have endless dies to produce 'on trend' cards, it starts to work out very expensive indeed.

Thankfully I am not on trend at all, I never look at blogs or youtube in case I subliminally copy a card !!

I shall stick to my one Cricut cartridge (soon to be 2 though), poor sods will never make a fortune out of me.

Millburn
26-03-2013, 10:30 PM
I'm tempted :blush: I think it's the added greetings ... oh and I also got the Tattered Lace thing from QVC too

Truly
26-03-2013, 10:54 PM
You'd better hurry up then Millburn hun - there's only 25% left!! xxxx

Dax
26-03-2013, 11:08 PM
I just could not resist and ordered them. Nancy's demos were gorgeous. I saw Steph demonstrating the dies in Cardiff yesterday and could not buy any as DH was with me. So glad I waited as similar large ones in Hobbycraft were £24.99 each. These sets including the p&p work out just under £18 and that is not taking into account the CD and the extra two dies. :clapping:

I just hope they are quick sending them out. We were going away for ten days over Easter in our caravan but Stratford Racecourse cancelled our club's book because of the ground conditions. Snow and ice on top of waterlogged ground.

Dips
27-03-2013, 05:23 AM
One thing I'm sure about with Stephanie is that if a POD has gone well, we'll soon be seeing similar ones more often than we'll care for! Was highly tempted but as I've still got spellies unopened in their packet, I've given myself a good talking too, especially as I'm not that keen on the oval and I definitely don't want the CD.

Chalet School Fan
27-03-2013, 06:24 AM
Thanks for that Dips - nearly succumbed, but you've strengthened my resolve. I like them, but I've barely used my Spellbinders and Tonic dies and I could get similar effects with them.

Millburn
27-03-2013, 06:25 AM
You'd better hurry up then Millburn hun - there's only 25% left!! xxxx

Ordered at 6.20 whilst he was feeding cattle; :blush:

northern crafter
27-03-2013, 07:11 AM
They must have sold out all the stock as dean is on ideal world with sat nav at 8am Stephanie is on C&C with peerless designs cd at 8am

sugarplum
27-03-2013, 07:18 AM
didnt get to see the shows last night so was intending seeing them this morning but theyre all gone!

sue b
27-03-2013, 07:36 AM
Yes they have sold out...Nancy said so on facebook....

budgie
27-03-2013, 07:39 AM
Not surprised they are gone, they were lovely. Had to resist temptation though.

sam
27-03-2013, 07:47 AM
Am I the only one that thinks C&C are stuck in a rut of selling overpriced sets of (mainly intricate) dies as their pick of the whatever? We've had countless Spellbinders dies, Tonic dies and now these. It's good that they are finally acknowledging that there are dies other than Spellbinders, but prices of the sets are ridiculous.

Dips
27-03-2013, 07:55 AM
It's a bit of a catch-22, Sam. The sets sell well, generating a significant amount of income for a POD. If you're a planner at C&C and you have the choice of a die-based offer which will generate hundreds of thousands pounds of sales or a different type of craft, which won't generate as much, then which would you choose if it was your job to maximise income?

sam
27-03-2013, 08:04 AM
:wave:I suppose that you're right Dips, it just gets a bit samey (to me). I never seem to like the complete sets, I would prefer to pick and choose the ones that I like. And I find that the countless demos get a bit samey, as well. I'm sure that C&C will continue to concentrate on things that sell well and I can continue to switch off.

Lucy Lockett
27-03-2013, 08:22 AM
:wave:I suppose that you're right Dips, it just gets a bit samey (to me). I never seem to like the complete sets, I would prefer to pick and choose the ones that I like. And I find that the countless demos get a bit samey, as well. I'm sure that C&C will continue to concentrate on things that sell well and I can continue to switch off.
Yes, a pick and mix approach would be great but I can't see it happening.

Lindz
27-03-2013, 08:36 AM
Dies are really popular at the moment so from a commercial angle it makes sence for them to keep bringing more, and it makes a nice change from topper based cards. I got the POD, I don't have many spellbinders apart from the basic shapes, and these are good value with several layers per die. I bought the owl ones and a set of flowers and leaves from Hobbycraft and they are really good dies, I tend to use Stick and Spray rather than wax paper and as intricate as they are they release really easily. I think the use of the magnetic sheet is a good idea, if only to hold the die in place. Hope we get more of the range but not too often, we need time to save up!

Lindz
27-03-2013, 08:38 AM
Oh what am I like, I meant to say I use Spray and Glide instead of wax paper, and stick and stay to stick them. No I havn't been on the gin.

jeanfan
27-03-2013, 08:43 AM
Am I the only one that didn`t really like them?I much prefer the Tonic offer,I haven`t bought that either - like so many of us I don`t use the dies I have enough.

Mistyblue
27-03-2013, 08:44 AM
I couldn't watch last night, well I saw precisely 1 minute lol!! But what I did see I liked. So, switched on Sky this morning and all gone :( Oh well, as they were so popular hopefully they will be back.

Jilly
27-03-2013, 08:45 AM
So glad its sold out as I was so tempted but moneywise I knew I shouldn't! Watching the demos I wondered how fiddly it will be to have to put the layers together to make the full look - only saw the square demonstrated - will be good to hear from those who did buy it as to how they get on please.

jr77
27-03-2013, 08:55 AM
I liked some of the frames and possibly would have gone for them just for the words but luckily they sold out before I was tempted. I don't mind the POTD being dies if they are selling and keeping the channel going but I do think it was bad programming to have a POW and POTD of dies in the same week. One seems to take away from the other somehow and I'm sure a lot of people have just turned off. It's not as if it's like CD's where the studio has to be specially set up so they cluster cd programmes together.

Jilly
27-03-2013, 10:01 AM
I did feel sorry for Jodie yesterday when the presenters were advertising the forthcoming dies for 9pm on Ideal World when she was representing Tonic - did think it wasn't quite the thing to be doing and seemed as though they were pushing too hard - not been aware of it for other POD. As it was it was totally unnecessary as they sold out before I'm sure lots of people even had a peek at them as lots can't watch crafting once hubby's are home!

Jilly
27-03-2013, 10:02 AM
Jr77 - Robert Addams does similar words - Joanna Sheen has them on her site

Dips
27-03-2013, 10:18 AM
Oh what am I like, I meant to say I use Spray and Glide instead of wax paper, and stick and stay to stick them. No I havn't been on the gin.

Your original post made me smile, Lindz, I imagined you in a right sticky mess! The owl die sounds lovely, may have to investigate that!

morgana123
27-03-2013, 10:19 AM
I didnt catch the beginning of the launch show - started about 20 mins in and immediately tried to order the shoe and handbag when according to Steph 70% had gone of that small set - no pennies for POTD - when I got to checkout they had been removed from my basket as sold out even though at that point they werent even limited stock. A couple of mins later Steph was urging you to check out your basket if you had them in as they were now limited stock - so even the studio couldnt keep up with sales.

kinglake
27-03-2013, 02:47 PM
Do we have a one time only now the potd has gone?

Dips
27-03-2013, 03:01 PM
You're getting your channels confused, Kinglake, IW don't do OTO's, that's QVC!

Jacksmissis
27-03-2013, 04:26 PM
:mysmilie_492:

Lindz ! what are you like!! I thought how ever does she mannage to get them out!! Didnt know they did stick and glide, just bought the wax paper so that will keep me going for a while.

lynnieb
27-03-2013, 09:02 PM
I try and 'think outside the box' for dies and kits like the hunkydory. That way I get more use. For example, I lever buy masks, but cut the Spellies, from thin acetate and use them as masks. And HD, I cut up, crumple, ink and generaLLy bash to bits so I can get a more grungy look, whilst maintaining a 'pretty' aspect. Of course, they also come in when a quickie is needed. Though most of my cards take days to make cos of my impediment, so sometimes something quick is deffo needed!!

kinglake
28-03-2013, 10:48 AM
I try and 'think outside the box' for dies and kits like the hunkydory. That way I get more use. For example, I lever buy masks, but cut the Spellies, from thin acetate and use them as masks. And HD, I cut up, crumple, ink and generaLLy bash to bits so I can get a more grungy look, whilst maintaining a 'pretty' aspect. Of course, they also come in when a quickie is needed. Though most of my cards take days to make cos of my impediment, so sometimes something quick is deffo needed!!
Great tip thanx for sharing!

pebe
28-03-2013, 11:41 AM
I ordered the POD whilst watching the 5AM repeat and getting ready for work and they have just been delivered! Next day delivery is pretty good from C & C. The dies look fab - I am looking forward to using them this weekend.

Dax
28-03-2013, 05:39 PM
I ordered the POD whilst watching the 5AM repeat and getting ready for work and they have just been delivered! Next day delivery is pretty good from C & C. The dies look fab - I am looking forward to using them this weekend.

Heck are they working backwoods down the list of those who bought them? Last to buy, first to get them, like QVC were doing last week with those embossing folders.

I placed my order during the 11.pm show and no sign of them being sent out never mind delivered. :sad:

pebe
28-03-2013, 06:46 PM
I didn't get an email to say they had been sent out. In fact, this is another delivery that was just pushed through the letterbox. They don't seem to be bothered about signatures any more. I missed the first POD show and was surprised that the sentiments are attached to the outer die. Think I will just have to wiggle them free. Also I had the Impression that the frames were made of separate dies but they are one die that cuts the separate frames . Saving me from losing parts in my very messy craft room I suppose.

Belinda B
30-03-2013, 08:06 PM
Mine arrived today. The dies are ok but the CD box was very smashed. It still has the security seal in tact but not much else! May ask MCS to replace as pointless going to C&C.

Lindz
02-04-2013, 03:27 PM
I recieved mine today, 3 out of the 5 dies are not in sealed cello bags, they have the backing sheet, but one has been detatched from the backing sheet and has bits of white card stuck in the die, it has obviously been used. It was just floating around in the jiffy bag! Who on earth thought they could just throw these dies in this condition into a jiffy bag and send them out, and a customer wouldn't mind. I know they ran out of stock quickly but did they scramble around the set and dressing room to find some? Needless to say they are going back, I will be emailing to let them know that I expect the original P&P refunded as well.

I ordered the Frou Frou during launch when neither Leanne or the presenter bothered to say you had to have additional software to use the 'free' CD, free my backside, the software if you don't already have it is only £24.99. I usually defend C & C as I have had virtually no bad service but if their service is going to deteriorate they could loose another customer. Rant over!

freedom99
02-04-2013, 04:42 PM
I have to say QVC are well known for sending out used and returned stock but this is a new low from C&C I can't imagine how they thought they would get away with that. Maybe they were going to clean it up and repackage it and forgot.
Some nerve to be sending out used stuff I'm sure there is a law against that as well.

Sorry you didn't get to keep your dies, did you like then?

I eventually got my d lites this morning and the second set arrived much quicker than I expected but I'm not overwhelmed maybe because of the wait or the disappoint of not getting them the first time but they are tiny.
Not sure if I will get that much use from them but would feel cheeky sending them back.

Best of luck with the refund.

pebe
02-04-2013, 05:07 PM
I recieved mine today, 3 out of the 5 dies are not in sealed cello bags, they have the backing sheet, but one has been detatched from the backing sheet and has bits of white card stuck in the die, it has obviously been used. It was just floating around in the jiffy bag! Who on earth thought they could just throw these dies in this condition into a jiffy bag and send them out, and a customer wouldn't mind. I know they ran out of stock quickly but did they scramble around the set and dressing room to find some? Needless to say they are going back, I will be emailing to let them know that I expect the original P&P refunded as well.

I ordered the Frou Frou during launch when neither Leanne or the presenter bothered to say you had to have additional software to use the 'free' CD, free my backside, the software if you don't already have it is only £24.99. I usually defend C & C as I have had virtually no bad service but if their service is going to deteriorate they could loose another customer. Rant over!

A fee of my dies weren't in cello bags either. Everything was new and intact so I will keep. They cut really well through my GC with no additional shims.

Belinda B
02-04-2013, 05:25 PM
freedom, I wouldn't feel cheeky sending them back if they don't meet your expectations - I do it all the time and there is a code for that on the refund slip so I'm sure I'm not alone.
I have also sent items back as they were much smaller in real life than they seemed on tv. i now always refer to the size of items compared to the presenters hand as guidance.

Re dodgy items - I recently opened a pack of Heidi Swapp paper Id bought a while ago and found 3 sheets missing - the 3 prettiest ones of course. I assume some punter took them out and returned the pack which C&Cthen re-sent to me. As it was a while since I bought them I couldnt be bothered to contact C&C but it was annoying even if I consoled myself that it just equalled the 10% discount. I will count sheets quickly in future.

budgie
02-04-2013, 05:32 PM
Lindz, if you don't have Craft Artist on your computer, you can download a free copy of Craft Artist compact from daisytrail. It doesn't do everything that the full programme does, but you will be able to use you free digikit cd with it. Also there are lots of free digikits on the daisytrail website you can download too.

Dax
02-04-2013, 06:08 PM
A fee of my dies weren't in cello bags either. Everything was new and intact so I will keep. They cut really well through my GC with no additional shims.

Mine came today too and were the same as Pebe's. Two in cell bags and the other three stuck to the card. In my account it says sent by City Post, but was delivered by Yodel and the label is Yodel 'Nant', which I think stands for their depot at Nantgarw near Cardiff.

Glad they cut well in the GC Pebe. Not tried mine yet, they came with another package he knew about so stashed it away quickly and showed him the contents of the other one which has taken almost two weeks to arrive and he knew I had ordered. Terasa Collins £5 kit and 8 narrow foam tapes which had a 40% reduction. The Creative Expressions embossing folders on the same order arrived last week.

CraftyFee
02-04-2013, 06:29 PM
I recieved mine today, 3 out of the 5 dies are not in sealed cello bags, they have the backing sheet, but one has been detatched from the backing sheet and has bits of white card stuck in the die, it has obviously been used. It was just floating around in the jiffy bag! Who on earth thought they could just throw these dies in this condition into a jiffy bag and send them out, and a customer wouldn't mind. I know they ran out of stock quickly but did they scramble around the set and dressing room to find some? Needless to say they are going back, I will be emailing to let them know that I expect the original P&P refunded as well.......

Me too Lindz. I received mine today. The die Happy birthday and Special day, the Floral circle die and the Celebrate heart die are not in sealed cello bags, not even attached to the paper backing instruction.
They were just thrown in the jiffy bag . They look like dies that have been used and returned.

I am not happy at all. I have paid a lot of money for second hand goods.

Jilly
02-04-2013, 09:33 PM
Sounds as though I might be glad I was too slow off the mark to get this particularr POD. Hope those of you with problems get them sorted satisfactorily.

My Craft Studio
04-04-2013, 09:40 AM
Well, here goes – This is my 1st post on Craft Telly Forum so please be gentle! Few of you will know me but I am Operations Director at My Craft Studio and it is my responsibility to ensure we pick and pack all orders to the very best of our ability. In the light of the negative posts concerning the recent Tattered Lace POD I thought it only right to ‘put my head above the parapit’ and offer my apologies for any disappointment you may have felt as not all the Dies were in Cello Bags. On reflection we should’ve been consistent one way or the other and for that I apologise. Also, you need to know that Stephanie wasn’t aware when showing single Dies in bags on air and this didn’t help either- I promise you we will learn from this.

The good news is that we constantly seek to improve the shopping experience that you all enjoy and deserve and we have already improved the next POD packaging so you will have a Tattered Lace Die storage solution included – I hope you will enjoy this next offering.

Please be assured that no dies that were shipped to customers were used prior to shipping. We always allocate a percentage of any stock to Stephanie, Diane & Nancy’s prep and these are all stored in the design studio. Any paper that is visible in the die will be from where we have attached it with a hot melt glue gun to the cardboard packaging sleeve, I am assured that a ‘pokey tool’ will get these bits out for you.

On another note, I understand from positive feedback that you are enjoying the Tattered Lace designs and feel I should just confirm that Stephanie does indeed design the Dies – When she is on air she doesn’t take the praise she rightfully deserves but then again ever since we were kids she preferred to let others take credit and shoulder any ‘bad press’ even if it wasn’t her doing – That’s just the nature of my sister but it kept me out of trouble!

It goes without saying that if we at My Craft Studio can assist with any Customer Service Issues then please do get in touch and we’ll do all we can – I know a few people we have helped recently will bear testimony to that.
Well that’s all for now I hope you don’t have cause to see me here regularly – I will aim to be as perfect as we can in the future - Happy Crafting!
Sincerely
Mark Judd
Operations Director
My Craft Studio

Millburn
04-04-2013, 10:34 AM
Thank you Mark :up:

Mine were also some in bags and some not, but they are lovely :D

Lindz
04-04-2013, 01:05 PM
Thank you Mark for your post, and of course we will be gentle, but honest as well. I don't mind not having a cello bag as such but it gives the impression that the dies had been open, and the one floating around on it's own in my package was vulnerable to getting warped during it's journey to me. It unmistakably has been used, the paper pieces caught in the die is what happens with some intricate dies, so again the impression is that it has been used. The jiffy bag was not one of the strongest and if I try the die and it is warped C&C quite rightly could refuse to accept the return on the basis that I have damaged it. This is no reflection on Steph's comittment to quality, her products are always excellent value and I have never been disatisfied. I'm glad to hear this is just inconsistant packaging because it did give the appearance of second hand products being sent out by C&C.

Thanks for your explanation, hopefully I can re-purchase at a future show. I have had some of the dies from Hobbycraft and they cut beautifully and release better than other similar intricate dies from other companies. P.S. I am starting a 'bring back the melt dust campaign.'

Lindz
04-04-2013, 01:09 PM
Lindz, if you don't have Craft Artist on your computer, you can download a free copy of Craft Artist compact from daisytrail. It doesn't do everything that the full programme does, but you will be able to use you free digikit cd with it. Also there are lots of free digikits on the daisytrail website you can download too.

Thank you budgie, I appreciate the advice. I was going to try the files with MCS but I'll do as you say.

kaz
04-04-2013, 03:57 PM

I had not thought of that until I saw your post recently and I've done exactly this today. Cut labels in acetate and inked through the size I needed in 2 colours to make my background and then stamped. Worked beautifully and you have potentially saved me a lot of money so thank you.

Belinda B
04-04-2013, 04:12 PM
Mark
thanks very much for taking the time to send a note - it does make a big difference.

CraftyFee
04-04-2013, 04:26 PM
Mark, thank you for taking the time to come here and explain.

Dips
04-04-2013, 06:35 PM
Always have a lot of respect for suppliers that are prepared to come on here, offer an explaination and to admit that they could have done things differently, and to say that they will learn for the future. So thank you Mark for that, and I'm looking forward to the next offer appearing on C&C.

I've also said this in the past and will do so again, I am very appreciative of the support that Steph gives Graham (and therefore de facto our lovely Craft Telly forum), so Mark please do pass onto to Steph my thanks for that.

suban
05-04-2013, 06:07 AM
Any supplier who puts their head above the parapet is more than welcome here!!! Welcome Mark!!!!

morgana123
08-04-2013, 04:12 PM
Thanks very much for coming on and explaining Mark although sadly I missed out on the dies this time around so just one question - any chance of larger stock level for the next POD so there is a chance that they will last past the two night showings for those poor devils that have to work night shifts?????????????????????????

My Craft Studio
08-04-2013, 04:55 PM
Hi Morgana, just to confirm that following lots of discussions after the last POD we have increased quantities for the next one, but given the demand being as it was unfortuantely we can't guarantee that it will last longer although I assure you that Nancy & Stephanie are hoping it will so that we get the chance to do more demos next time :)

kinglake
08-04-2013, 06:15 PM
Hi Morgana, just to confirm that following lots of discussions after the last POD we have increased quantities for the next one, but given the demand being as it was unfortuantely we can't guarantee that it will last longer although I assure you that Nancy & Stephanie are hoping it will so that we get the chance to do more demos next time :)
That will be greattttttttttt thanx

morgana123
09-04-2013, 05:42 PM
Thanks so much for the reply Mark - so can I be really cheeky then and as for four weeks notice of the next POTD or POTW so I can arrange my night shifts around it lol.